pBASEtobe

Get Nick DG to Bridge Day

Nick DG said he couldn’t make Bridge Day this year because of tight funds due to his illness this year. Treejumps mentioned chipping in and buying a plane ticket for him. If 30 people chipped in $20 we could buy him a plane ticket to Bridge Day. So if you’re willing to pitch in $20 (or any amount) add your name to the list below and hopefully we can make it happen.

Tom, maybe you could sticky this for a week?

Running Total Collected: $20

Russel - $20

I'm in.

What Tree said.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I'm in for $50

I just searched for flights and found tickets from LAX to BWI for $272.00. :)

I'm in for $53.42, but he'll have to buy me a beer. Given that I owe him two beers, that works out well.

Btw, speaking of money... Martin; did you ever grab my cash? If not, I'll bring the 85 US to BD.

Cya!

$20?
done.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Hello,
I'm good for $20 or $50 or whatever.
Nick, do you want to go?
Can you make it on short notice?
Who's going to take care of this?
I'll buy a ticket on my credit card if y'all will pitch in.
Anybody have an extra bed in their room?
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

I'll throw in $50, a free jump slot (due to a cancellation), and I have one Holiday Inn hotel room that can be transferred to him if needed (we could pay for the room with donations). If he arrives on Thursday night or Friday, then he can ride on our shuttles for free (return trip also).

I'm also willing to collect and tally donations if needed. I could either take paypal, credit cards on my webstore, or cash donations when you pick up your ID badges.

Cya at the bridge Nick. Try to fly in Wed/Thurs!!!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Hello,
I'm good for $20 or $50 or whatever.
Nick, do you want to go?
Can you make it on short notice?
Who's going to take care of this?
I'll buy a ticket on my credit card if y'all will pitch in.
Avery

My brain and fingers jumped the gun! I hadn't even asked Nick if he could/wanted to come. I just put a call into him today so I'll wait to hear what he has to say.

Also, I only quickly looked at flights from San Diego to Charelston (that's where I came up with the 30 people, $20). I didn't do much research into it.
Let's see where we get with the list and when I hear from Nick if he's going or not I'll look more into flights.

So far we have...

Donations by:
pBASEtobe
avenfoto
vid666
RhondaLea
Treejumps
Twoply
JaapSuter
wwarped
badenhop

Total so far ~ $245

Edit to add: Crap my brain definitely wasn't working today. I hadn't even thought about a bridge day slot and all. :P There's lot I didn't think about. Thanks for all those offers Jason!

I'm in for 20... Tell me how...

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

Pm me, $20
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Re Avery's question:

Nick, I've already made a commitment for the other side of my bed, but I got a postcard from Bill two days ago, and he says he's feeling better and he will be there. I'm sure he'd be happy to share if you promise not to snore. :D I'm picking him up Thursday evening in Charleston, so if you need a ride then, I've got it covered.

Don't say no, Nick. (Well, you can say no to sleeping with Bill--and at the rate people are responding to Russel's wonderful and brilliant idea, you'll have a room all to yourself--but don't say no to all these people who love you and want to see you there.)

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Ok, so here's the deal. Jason Bell has agreed to help me coordinate all this. We still have to wait and see if Nick can even make it to Bridge Day. If he says he can then I'll post details how everyone can make a donation.

As a side note, this is what I love about the BASE jumping community. I've participated in serveral non-mainstream sports and this is the one with the most camaraderie. Thanks everyone!

Russel's wonderful and brilliant idea

I'd love to take credit for it but Treejumps actually came up with the idea first.

Unless Jalisco objects, we have a spare bedroom in our cabin if Nick needs a place to stay.

Ganja

I'll throw in also:)

ps Quit looking at my butt Ganja!

May we live long and die out

Hell yes I'll come . . . !!!

Jason, thanks so much, but you'd better give the jump slot away to someone else. I'm not right on top of my game right now (like I ever was) and I need to wait a bit longer . . . I'll gladly sit and do waivers all day or whatever else you need.

Speechless.

NickD :)BASE 194

I'll gladly sit and do waivers all day or whatever else you need.

Nope. That's my job, and you can't have it. Your job is to sit around, allow everyone to buy you beer, and be an icon of the sport for the benefit of newly-minted base jumpers. :P

I'm so very glad you said yes, Nick.

rl