pBASEtobe

Get Nick DG to Bridge Day

Just wanted to let you all know what ended up happening with the “Get NickDG to Bridge Day Fund”. Enough money was raised to cover Nick’s costs for Bridge Day. There was approximately $400 left over that Nick decided to donate to the building of a skateboard park in Fayetteville. The donation was done in the name of the Bridge Day 2005 BASE jumpers.

Thanks everyone for making a donation! It was good to be able to hang out with Nick at BD this year!!

Cya,
Russel

Thats really cool. Maybe "BD 2005 Jumpers" will end up on a plaque or something at the park. Very good PR. Nice to meet you finally, yet breifly, Nick.

Cya

Yes, there will be a plaque at the skate park saying the contribution is from, "The Bridge Day BASE Jumpers."

As Jason aptly stated the skateboarders of today are the BASE jumpers of tomorrow.

If anyone would like to add to the total, or make donation in their own names, here is the contact information and where you can send it:

Councilwoman Brooke Stone
317 W. Maple Ave.
Fayetteville, WV 25840

Again, I want to thank Russel and Jason and all who donated. This was a Bridge Day I'll never forget . . .

BTW, regardless of what the plaque says, I realize some that didn't or couldn't make it to Bridge Day themselves, still donated to help me get there. Without getting too gushy about it, I want you all to know how very cool I thought that was . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

A skateboard park? Is where my money went? To build a sakeboard ramp?

Well I guess I have to give Tony Hawk a call so he can teach me few tricks ;)
Memento Audere Semper

skateboard and sakeboard are two very different things. I think I prefer the latter :P.

Hell Yeah it was very worth it to hang out with Nick there this year and I'll never forget it. We did laugh a bit thru out the whole weekend. Don't ask what about. Ask Nick if he wants to uummm say. My jump was the easiest thing done during that weekend is the best way I can describe it. Cheers to everyone Always..***
is it dark yet

I think everyone who donated should be mentioned in this thread. Here's the list....and thanks to all of you for helping out.

Russel Metlitzky - $30
Jason Bell - $50
Rl - $75
Avery Badenhop - $50
Jaap Suter - $50
Anonymous - $20.20
Truckerbase - $20
Anonymous - $30
bob.dino - $20
Anonymous - $50
Nick Rugai - $20
Mike Bartlett - $20
wwarped - $20
Anonymous - $20
Anonymous - $20
980 - $40
A**hole Numero Uno - $29.66
Sky Beck - $30
Kate Cooper - $50
Ivan Betts - $20
marg/nerdgirl - $20
Anonymous - $25
Anonymous - $20
In Memory of Jeff Taylor - $20
Collin Scott - $20
Jamie Serchia - $20
Blair700 - $20
Michael Greer - $10
Abbie Mashaal - $20
TJ MacArthur - $20
James Boole - $20
Tree - $50
Paquita Winterpacht - $30
Jalisco - $20
klapaucius - $20
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

"No Man is a Failure who has Friends."

It is indeed, "A Wonderful Life . . ."

NickD :)BASE 194