Calvin19

What kind of main are you jumping? ---again out of a plane

makes for neat QUIK pack job, also easy to controll openings, for me anyway, cant take "dynamic" openings time after time,and d bag helps keep it neat and open in right time,, yes I use a skyhook so hard deck is 500 ft This is from airplane...
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

Aye, understood.
Skyhooks are pretty cool, demo'd one in Eloy. cool stuff.
Im kinda a big fan of the single parachute system... i find after jumping it a ton out of planes, i would rather have it than my skydiving gear. not just for low pulls either. it just, simplifies things. I am not the only one who feels this way...

Aye, understood.
Skyhooks are pretty cool, demo'd one in Eloy. cool stuff.
Im kinda a big fan of the single parachute system... i find after jumping it a ton out of planes, i would rather have it than my skydiving gear. not just for low pulls either. it just, simplifies things. I am not the only one who feels this way...

Keeping in mind that I have about 3 times as many BASE jumps as skydives, and am a firm believer in the advantages of the single parachute system;

The skyhook system has 2 advantages over a single parachute system for airplane skydiving:

1) It allows faster ("trash") packing of the main parachute. Since there is a reserve, you can slam in a main pack job faster and make more jumps in a shorter time.

2) It keeps the FAA off your DZO, your pilot, and yourself. Obviously, if you are all 3 of these people, then it's up to you. But when other folks are involved, it makes sense to look out for their welfare as well as your own.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

2) It keeps the FAA off your DZO, your pilot, and yourself. Obviously, if you are all 3 of these people, then it's up to you. But when other folks are involved, it makes sense to look out for their welfare as well as your own.[/reply/]

I agree, and i would never EVER get on a plane with an Illegal rig without the full Consent/and comprehension of consequences of the Pilot, and other people on the plane

I also think that Using a standard skydiving rig, with a freepacked BASE canopy, (same setup as BASE, just in a legal container) works JUST as well, Just as safe to pull low. (this is usually what i use, besides, only 1 pin!) I just leave out the freefly mods, the colapsable PC, the Dbag, put some holes in the slider, some holes in the bottom skin of the canopy, make the bridal 4' longer, beef up the risers, and its the same thing.

maybe i should pick up a skyhook system...

Do you pack your chute in a special way??
I get pretty hard openings even when I just pull out of a track on my Nitro150@1,5:1.

I can't answer about that canopy specifically, but in general, wingsuit openings (when done right) are much softer than opening from a track. Hell, they're even softer than normal freefall openings, for me. Like a nice subterminal hop n pop, very relaxed.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I can't answer about that canopy specifically, but in general, wingsuit openings (when done right) are much softer than opening from a track. Hell, they're even softer than normal freefall openings, for me.

I get softer, better openings pulling straight from a track than I do from normal freefall anyway, and I'm not even that good (just under 100mph fall rate in a track). My (6) wingsuit openings so far were (for me) very comparable to opening in a track, softer than normal freefall.:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

@the Nitro/Nitron Jumper:

Do you pack your chute in a special way??
I get pretty hard openings even when I just pull out of a track on my Nitro150@1,5:1.

I only quater the slider, let hang the nose and wrap the tail 3-4 times...

Not really. I do the same as you, but I roll the nose usually about 7 full rolls and push it deep.
I usually do not pull in a track either, unless I'm below 2K. I will reduce my forward speed or sink as I reach for the pc. I get slow on heading openings 99% of the time.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Not really. I do the same as you, but I roll the nose usually about 7 full rolls and push it deep.
I usually do not pull in a track either, unless I'm below 2K. I will reduce my forward speed or sink as I reach for the pc. I get slow on heading openings 99% of the time.

In the past I pushed the nose inside too, but had the problem, that the slider was coming down before the canopy started inflating.
I think that was the reason, because I got hard openings all the time until I stopped pushing the nose inside.

I use the smaller Nitro slider btw.

I'm scared to try the bigger slider since the one I use already getting stucked coming down the lines on most of my jumps... :/

Hey calvin the wheater is getting warmer !
sorry for been so slow this winter I'll be ready to keep busy here shortly

One year anniversary two weeks ago

Mother f**** here I come

Canopie choice with out a doubt TROLL 265 MVD
2005 = great year
2006 = even better

While I know this isn't recomended, and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone, I have put a few classic 1 jumps on with a Stiletto 150, loaded around 1.5/1 Most of the time it opened ok, but every once and a while I couldn't stop looking at my feet.:S

I now jump a Sabre 150, an old one. Opens beautifully, consistently on heading too. Both with my Classic and my PhiB|

edit to add : long bridle, no mods on a Javelin style rig, pack grommet to pin.

sam,
i just got my blackjack 260, fine mesh slider. what do you do to the nose? cant wait to jump it, but i dont know how much the vents are going to slam me. (freepacked,34"pc, in a mirage container for wingsuit)

hey dude

check my little video clip here for a rather brisk Blackjack 260 wingsuit skydive deployment... :o

it's near the end

I too have the Wings EXT with all the mods and it certainly seems to make a difference (over my old Javelin). Jump a Stiletto 135 " about 1.4/1 with GTi (but the Phanotm is on order) but also tried it out with the Phantom and the S3S and had no problems - apart from from flying through pull height on the S3S and my Pro-Dytter not going off ;) - it was a first so me so it was cool! must contact L&B and see if they can modify it (it's about 6 years old now!)

Blue ones,

Mike