MissMissy

4-Way VRW

So, I've been busy articulating a new event and want to spread the news around. As I have been the last few months I've heard so many different ends of the spectrum as to how this event will progress and why it won't.

What do you think? Do you think the sport is ready to see/hear about 4-way Verical Relative Work?

(don't know how to make clicky) Check it out...
www.vrw4way.com

And if I don't get back, happy holidays to you all!
---
Missy Nelson
**Learning Never Stops**

very far beyond my level, but seems very interesting and challenging.

Looking forward to see the moves on video and teams training for that.

And belly relative workers showing admiration and respect for VRW'ers
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

This is AWESOME!! The camera man would be a much more aggressive slot to fly!

Wow, I have been having fun with 4-way in the past year but I can see this being way fun in a year or two when I have the skills to progress into this.

What a great focus for all these freeflyers to have. It seems like a lot of un-organized free fly dives could be converted to very productive practice dives for this competition. man, that would be the shit!

Wow, I have been having fun with 4-way in the past year but I can see this being way fun in a year or two when I have the skills to progress into this.

What a great focus for all these freeflyers to have. It seems like a lot of un-organized free fly dives could be converted to very productive practice dives for this competition. man, that would be the shit!

I completely agree with your post! 4-way VRW would make me want to get into freeflying, also. Looking forward to seeing this become a reality! (HOW EXCITING!!!) B|

Sounds great. We're going to start playing around with the dive pool and see how it all goes. I hope that this is accepted and recognized as it will surely increase the level of freeflying. Thanks for all your effort Missy. :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Hey Missy,

You talked to me at Nationals about this and I have already started working on getting a team together for it. I hope nothing stands in its way.
I like the idea because of the set standards and moves.
I totally look forward to it. This has always caught my interest ever since the first Project Horizon. The most fun I had at PH1 was the 4-ways turning points.

Good luck and if you need my help I am more than willing to help in any way possible.

Bryan

Great question. The 4-way VRW event is going to evolve camera flying as we know it... beyond the traditional RW style and even common freefly POV.

To be able to film the points cameraflyers will be more active in the team in having to know all the points so they make sure they get the shot. I foresee camera flyers having to film from underneath for most of the points and on level for some other points. They do need to be more aggressive.

The POV would be filmed as the Freefly world records are: Jason Peters / Cisco Neri style.

It'll be great to see this evolution and the birth of a new kind of flyer.

Missy
---
Missy Nelson
**Learning Never Stops**

About time

edit: signed the petition, thanks for doing this. I was hoping to go somewhere to see the dive pool, general rules (proposed), etc. Any of that around?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The formations are at: http://www.vrw4way.com/descriptions/

pick a formation name from the drop down menu, then hit the GO button.

The random dive generator is pretty cool too.

The PDF is a description of each point, with drawings. Nice tool to have.

I think some of the drawings are incorrect. Specifically, the lightswitch block, slots 3 and 4 seem to be reversed in image C. Am I wrong?[url][url]

I think its the only natural progression... Plus with ambassadors to the sport like the Nelson's among other highly skilled Vert fliers - its not a matter of if but when it will begin to take hold. Its strange, four way belly used to be thought of as impossible - now its standard. I shutter to think of what my newborn daughter of four months will be doing by the time shes up and flying.

I would kill to be involved in some four way vrw - well maybe not kill, but travel a long way anyhow... lol

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

www.vrw4way.com

WHOW! :o:o:o:o

edit2add: another WHOW!!! Reading the site & looking at the formations is thrilling. That puts a smile on the face of everyone who likes to turn points. :D
Too bad I suck at freeflying. (as of now) :)

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

www.vrw4way.com

www.vrw4way.com/descriptions/

clickable

(If I were to try 4-way VRW, it might litterally kill someone, so practice, practice, practice - maybe later - what I do have to say is 4w RW has really energized the sport and brought in the more competitive types to higher levels. VRW should really energize the base even more and give the Type As an outlet in this discipline too. It would be a huge plus to the sport.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hows about a combination of disciplines
4Way 'Hybrid RW'
Two on belly and two backfling at all times....
Turning points .....

I've done this as well as 4-way with everyone backflying using the standard 4-way rw dive pool. It's completely different than 4-Way VRW.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com