superstu

post your best shot

Couple of my favorites so far this year (that haven't been sent in to a mag). As always there has been no cropping and minimal corrections to them.

Oh what I wouldn't give for color calibrated monitors!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

my camera's spent most of the weekend on the ground... since I was doing CRW... but it gave me a chance to play with some newly aquired glass... the Canon 24-105 f/4L which I got to take pictures in the landing area out in front of the hanger.

1st shot is of Niklas Hemlin practicing landing the 500 sq ft American flag.
2nd is of a couple experienced demo jumpers landing a biplane.
3rd is Kritter (on of our videographers/AFF-I's) shutting down his canopy at the end of a swoop.
4th is of Garrett one of the local upjumpers just finishing off his swoop and smiling for the camera guy.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

New York hail storm.
We flew into it just about half way through the exit count, when I saw the first pea size pelet depositing one of the girl's jump suit. Then I knew it will be bad...
It was F*%$n' terrible!!! Some of those guys in the images had a bleeding face after the jump!
But hey! The shots have that unique look at least.
It appears to be a meteor shower. Am I right?
-Laszlo-

I love exit shots... there's so much energy that's being released...

The Hoop dive exit was taken late afternoon and the uppers were comming out of the northwest so we were flying into the sun... I really like the energy of this shot...

6Sept2008-1 is a shameless picture of my girlfriend about to go through the hoop for the first time (of three successful passes)

6Sept2008-2 is of the 8-way team Black hole skydivers... chucking an 8-way out of the grand caravan on a later load in the day.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

for foot shots :

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~weisun1/mypic81.jpg

few seconds before exit i swith it on, settings on camera - 2 frames per sec, after deployment switching it off.

When flying under canopy, best friend wireless remote (small toy into my left hand :)

Aditional boys toys - ball head for different angles, fixed on leg

http://i.pbase.com/o6/45/626745/1/71226563.Upr5Kemb.486RC2.jpg

Nikon D300+ Sigma's 10-20/4-5.6 and fisheye 15

+ made in belarus fisheye 8mm :)

>Some of those guys in the images had a bleeding face after the jump!

I find it funny that a lot of people will jump through rain and swear it's ice because it hurt so much.

Then one day they jump through actual ice . . .

My criterion is that if there are no bruises or blood, it wasn't ice. I once jumped through hail and got my chin bloodied pretty good. My arms where my jumpsuit alone was covering them got pretty deep bruises; where both my jumpsuit and my T-shirt were protecting me I got much lighter bruises.

Well this is definetly irrelevant to this topic, but a lot of times rain on the ground is "ice" in the air..As you might know it is often quite cold at altitude and the freezing point of water is lower at lower air pressure.. Definetly rare to hit a hail storm like this, but often I have seen ice in freefall and yet I havent been bleeding..

Ice might be a bit more rare in Cali though ...:P

Definetly Cool Pics anyway.. B|