47 47
quade

DB Cooper

NO.

I said you claimed I was speaking for Kaye and his team...and you conveniently ignored the fact that I merely quoted what was on their website.

THEIR website. THEIR entry. This precludes your notion that I was somehow 'speaking for them'.

I have no idea what you doing now. Hey...tell me you liked at least ONE of the cartoons though. Right? B|

I used to like your stories about crows and being
LOST for 30 days. Everything has gone down hill since
then ... years ago. Guess you ran out of material.
What a pity..

Actually I do. However I would need to have a hands on inspection of the chute as well.

Your post is rather typical of what I am talking about.

Hmmm, so you arent willing to even give a guess
having seen the photos. Geeeeeee. What would be
the harm. I mean this "is" a discussion forum. But
you came to editorialise? Thats fine. Everyone has
a style. Lips pressed going mm mmmmm mmmm
mm mm, just doesn't say much.
:D

Ever run into somebody that's just not happy unless they're bitchin' about something or at someone...

Well ya have now! ;)

So are we to conclude that the Great Air Tawrdo
Parachutist Extraordinaire ... having seen the photos
of the Amboy chute ... cant tell if its silk or twill or
nylon or aluminum foil, or just not willing to share his
expertise with the class because he has a grudge
against 'education' and the "no skateboarding policy
in the hallways'?

You did note the thick lines - yes?

Is this a case of Long Ears vs. Short Ears. Mustwe wait
on an iceberg coming by for an answer from the gods
and RobertMBlevins?

Will the answer be: mm mmmm mm mmmmmmm
mm ?

I mean I think this is all hilarious!
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D:D:D

Dead on What you just said about Blevins below!

Until you are ready to stop putting words in people's
mouths in order to misrepresent what people have
said (are saying) there can be no discussion with you
about anything .... which is precisely what you want.

Putting WORDS in people's mouth is how Blevins wrote his book about KC! The very tactic he uses on the chute and Cossey and others is exactly how he used conversations with 2 old ladies.

:SThank HEAVENS I never wrote a book, but the story about Weber has hung around for 17 yrs.

:)YOU"LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU DON'T KNOW NOW.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

On the subject of the Amboy chute lines. It's tricky. There are few references in the pictures of the chute, and they are mostly crappy 72dpi onscreen images. They don't lend themselves well to cropping and expanding. I'll try Google images and set to view hi-res only, see what happens. It would help if someone posts a picture of a typical-sized paracord with a tape measure set across it to show the approximate width. Paracord used on a chute packed into an NB-6/8 I suppose.

Be sure to post the RMS value of the average pixel
density. Correct for spherical dpi focus position using
El = D x (l/d)^2. Pixel ratios .... well you know all
about that!

:S:D:D:D:D

Ever run into somebody that's just not happy unless they're bitchin' about something or at someone...

Well ya have now! ;)

So are we to conclude that the Great Air Tawrdo
Parachutist Extraordinaire ... having seen the photos
of the Amboy chute ... cant tell if its silk or twill or
nylon or aluminum foil, or just not willing to share his
expertise with the class because he has a grudge
against 'education' and the "no skateboarding policy
in the hallways'?

You did note the thick lines - yes?

Is this a case of Long Ears vs. Short Ears. Mustwe wait
on an iceberg coming by for an answer from the gods
and RobertMBlevins?

Will the answer be: mm mmmm mm mmmmmmm
mm ?

I mean I think this is all hilarious!
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D:D:D

Awwww...how cute ~ somebody needs a hug. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That is GOOD!
Got my laugh before I tuck myself in!

Made some big decisions tonight - Now I just need to follow thru. Sell the house and go HOME. Thing is I don't know where HOME is any more!

Will take a loss, but thought I could wait out the market and get thur the Cooper thing. BUT time to get on DOWN the ROAD as Duane always said. Come on Jo let get on down the Road. Lets get this SHOW on the ROAD!

Wonder if Cooper said anything like that to Tina or the crew during the skyjacking?

REALLY wierd that is what is going thru my mind tonight.
Got some estimates on making repairs to the house - not bad, but do not know what I will find on the other end.

Obviously been a good day if I think I can make a move - yet, I am sure to have a melt down.

Need some strong guys to help me out and keep my mind focused on going home - back to an area I know people and where there are more activities for seniors. Just wasting away here - not where I want to die.

I have lived in so many places I do not know what home is. Need a small town alway from hurricances and away from tornadoes - is there such a place?

If I survive a move I might make a trip to WA and make a jump to dump Duane's ashes and say good buy - REALLY say good buy. Sure some of you would help.

Can't stand hot humid weather and though about N. Georgia and South & North Carolina.

Daughter in Georgia, but I can't afford the homes there. Moving will be a big ordeal - need a good driver to drive the truch and some healty men to unload it.

Come on guys help me find a location - that is the biggest part of this .....make some suggesgtions. Help me find my final home. Small town with the major stores in it and not hard to get around. Need a new life.

So bring on the suggestions. Can't be over 150K with 3 bedrooms and an open plan with 2 car gargarge and some strong guy to help me place the furniture.

Like open airy light and bright homes with easy to keep lawns.

Small college near by to keep my mind sharp. A museuem, a little theather and seniors who like to do THINKS not just sit and rock and die.

Serious - anyone with some suggestion - fire them off. Send me on a little trip. Need a good hospital and senior complex - there are NO senior complexes here unless one wamts to residid in Central FL - NO WAY Hosea!

Make some suggestion - where woud Coopers widdow migh find her final resting place and some good friends. YOU all live all of the world . Send pics.

Getting too hard to live in Florida and I just want to go back to being Jo and haveing some fun and not being tied to Cooper - put him all over the place.

Ready to do this - just need some encouragement. Here i am a freak on the loose.

I guess my medication has be feeling pretty good about now - u think!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

There could be a lesson here for the folks who promote the idea that the Amboy chute is a cargo chute from a military plane. Maybe it should have more marks and ID on it to meet that criteria?

What military plane?

What promotion?

What folks? The FBI?

So far as I know you are the only guy on the whole
planet who is "promoting" the idea that Cossey was
wrong in his professional identification for the Govt.

And your credentials in this matter are ... ?

Not so fast Skippy.:D
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080202231409/uncyclopedia/images/1/11/Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Why don;'t you just call everyone a liar and get it over
with. Marla ~ FBI ~ Geestman ~ Cossey.

That is GOOD!
Got my laugh before I tuck myself in!

Made some big decisions tonight - Now I just need to follow thru. Sell the house and go HOME. Thing is I don't know where HOME is any more!

Will take a loss, but thought I could wait out the market and get thur the Cooper thing. BUT time to get on DOWN the ROAD as Duane always said. Come on Jo let get on down the Road. Lets get this SHOW on the ROAD!

Wonder if Cooper said anything like that to Tina or the crew during the skyjacking?

REALLY wierd that is what is going thru my mind tonight.
Got some estimates on making repairs to the house - not bad, but do not know what I will find on the other end.

Obviously been a good day if I think I can make a move - yet, I am sure to have a melt down.

Need some strong guys to help me out and keep my mind focused on going home - back to an area I know people and where there are more activities for seniors. Just wasting away here - not where I want to die.

I have lived in so many places I do not know what home is. Need a small town alway from hurricances and away from tornadoes - is there such a place?

If I survive a move I might make a trip to WA and make a jump to dump Duane's ashes and say good buy - REALLY say good buy. Sure some of you would help.

Can't stand hot humid weather and though about N. Georgia and South & North Carolina.

Daughter in Georgia, but I can't afford the homes there. Moving will be a big ordeal - need a good driver to drive the truch and some healty men to unload it.

Come on guys help me find a location - that is the biggest part of this .....make some suggesgtions. Help me find my final home. Small town with the major stores in it and not hard to get around. Need a new life.

So bring on the suggestions. Can't be over 150K with 3 bedrooms and an open plan with 2 car gargarge and some strong guy to help me place the furniture.

Like open airy light and bright homes with easy to keep lawns.

Small college near by to keep my mind sharp. A museuem, a little theather and seniors who like to do THINKS not just sit and rock and die.

Serious - anyone with some suggestion - fire them off. Send me on a little trip. Need a good hospital and senior complex - there are NO senior complexes here unless one wamts to residid in Central FL - NO WAY Hosea!

Make some suggestion - where woud Coopers widdow migh find her final resting place and some good friends. YOU all live all of the world . Send pics.

Getting too hard to live in Florida and I just want to go back to being Jo and haveing some fun and not being tied to Cooper - put him all over the place.

Ready to do this - just need some encouragement. Here i am a freak on the loose.

I guess my medication has be feeling pretty good about now - u think!

Jo:

How about Ariel, WA? Oh wait, no museums, no colleges. Why not move to Cooper country, like east Vancouver? Nice country there, you might be able to find something in your price range. You think about the case all the time, why not move into Cooper country and get down to business?

MeyerLouie

Jo,

If you'd change your spec from 3 bedrooms to 1 you'd dramatically increase the range of possibilities for a new place to live. Get rid of all the stuff that requires so much space. Store it if you can't bear parting with it. You can find really cheap storage in rural areas. It might mean a long drive to retrieve things but you'll probably find that you don't ever need the stored items.

Community colleges abound and provide a considerable amount of activity and opportunity for nearby residents. My wife teaches at a community college and it has given me an opportunity to see what they offer. Im impressed. Lectures, seminars, exhibits and other interesting events are offered. You dont have to be enrolled to enjoy many of the benefits. Prices near universities are usually very inflated. Not so with community colleges.

At your age why not rent? Then you really expand the possibilities.

Meyer has a good suggestion. Cooper country beckons you. Why not heed the call?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

mrshutter45:

You say

"I will have to read up again on the Mountain news, but I recall Hayden coming up short on any real evidence proving his chutes were used, but don't quote me on it...."

I say Hayden provided two back chutes and only got one back from the FBI. That makes me think DB used one of Hayden's chutes. I think Bruce will back up this information as true facts.

Cossey can claim that DB used one of his chutes but I don't believe him. I wish Hayden and 377 could examine the Amboy chute, but that will never happen,

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

The Amboy chute appears to have all the shroud lines cut at a point that is above where the lines attach to the risers (risers are four webbing straps that connect the lines to the harness).

If Cooper jumped with a rig that had Capewell cutaway riser attachments why would he have cut any lines? Capewells are quick release connectors that connect the risers to the harness. It's a time consuming and pointless process to cut all the shroud lines if you can just pop the two Capewells and free the canopy from the harness.

Do we know if the folks who found the Amboy canopy did the line cutting perhaps to avoid excavating part of the rig that remained buried? It might be easy to tell as fresh cut lines wouldnt have the exposed cross section area very dirty. If the lines were cut before the canopy was buried, the exposed cross section areas at the cut ends would likely be very dirty.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

The Amboy chute appears to have all the shroud lines cut at a point that is above where the lines attach to the risers (risers are four webbing straps that connect the lines to the harness).

If Cooper jumped with a rig that had Capewell cutaway riser attachments why would he have cut any lines? Capewells are quick release connectors that connect the risers to the harness. It's a time consuming and pointless process to cut all the shroud lines if you can just pop the two Capewells and free the canopy from the harness.

Do we know if the folks who found the Amboy canopy did the line cutting perhaps to avoid excavating part of the rig that remained buried? It might be easy to tell as fresh cut lines wouldnt have the exposed cross section area very dirty. If the lines were cut before the canopy was buried, the exposed cross section areas at the cut ends would likely be very dirty.

You might do a search on this thread?
All of this was previously discussed and you were here.

I seem to remember the following passages:

'was hit by the tractor blade as he was making a new
road ... '

'kids saw the chute partially unearthed ... pulled on it
but it wouldn't come out ... father got off the tractor
and looked ... so went home ... and came back
and finally cut the chute free ... '

things like that.

but of course everyone could be making this all up.

It always amazes me when 'some people who post
here who search the internet endlessly' never seem to
search Dropzone or post anything from the past that
people said here ...

dont you find that interestink?

maybe it doesnt serve their cause ?

they them and it may even be relying on people
forgetting the past! To build a new Straw Man ?

Play it again, Sham Wow 77.

:o

Blevins writes:

Meanwhile, the WW2 ('nylon-not-silk') cargo chute at eBay (courtesy of Georger) supposedly has the following information on it, shown below. The sellers also claim it weighs 400 pounds, but that could be an effort to make an extra buck or two from the buyer on shipping costs.

CANOPY ASSY. DWG. NO. A2G2019
CONTRACT NO. W2 17-AC-777
SERIAL NO. 114375
DATE OF MFG. FEB. 45
HAYES MANUFACTURING CO.
STENCILED NEXT TO THAT : 0-7-20-51
STENCILED LARGER NEXT TO THAT : CARGO MAXIMUM LOAD 400 LBS.
A7 150 MPH
AND NEXT TO THAT IS STENCILED : MH JUN 54

Robert99 replies: Blevins, the information above states that the maximum cargo load is 400 pounds, not that the parachute weighs 400 pounds.

Blevins writes:

Speculation: The chute in Amboy may have been manufactured by the Hayes company, but due to the lack of other identifying marks, wasn't necessarily made for the military.

Robert99 replies:

Just exactly who was buying cargo parachutes in February 1945 other than the military?

Robert99

Robert99 replies: Blevins, the information above states that the maximum cargo load is 400 pounds, not that the parachute weighs 400 pounds.

Robert99

Damn! I wish you hadnt posted that!

Doncha know that all cargo parachutes weigh 400
pounds? Blevins carries one around everyday just for
exercise .... the 400 lb Haynes jockey strap!

4 Clydesdale gonads abreast!

Georger wrote

road ... '

I do remember reading this tractor story Georger but I have no way of knowing if it is true or accurate. The problem with researching "facts" on this forum is that it isn't a peer reviewed publication. As BK denmonstrates, anyone can get published. Any wild theory can get publsihed as alleged fact.

If the tractor account is accurate I'd sure like to know what remained unexcavated. I cant imagine that the FBI or the US military wouldnt have wanted to see if human remains were there. The US military goes to GREAT lengths to investigate freshly discovered old crash sites to see if human remains can be found and identified.

What lies beneath? To me that's an interesting question. Maybe Bruce will find out someday.

Robert99

Sorry.

Robert99

Sorry.

:D

I was going to let Blevins continue just to see how far he wold go with this ... it's classic Blevins-speak.

Georger wrote

road ... '

I do remember reading this tractor story Georger but I have no way of knowing if it is true or accurate. The problem with researching "facts" on this forum is that it isn't a peer reviewed publication. As BK denmonstrates, anyone can get published. Any wild theory can get publsihed as alleged fact.

If the tractor account is accurate I'd sure like to know what remained unexcavated. I cant imagine that the FBI or the US military wouldnt have wanted to see if human remains were there. The US military goes to GREAT lengths to investigate freshly discovered old crash sites to see if human remains can be found and identified.

What lies beneath? To me that's an interesting question. Maybe Bruce will find out someday.

do we not know that Larry etal went out there and dug ...

It is as if everything prior to Blevins at DZ nevere
existed. That leaves Blevins and AB Books free to
make any thing up.

I am not going to sit here and constantly have to look
everything up to defend the past, just because Blevins
and AB Books showed up with revisionism in mind.

But credibility is at stake in case anyone cares ...

You can add "400 pounds" to an endless list of similar
errors of basic fact, which launch endless posts all
based on error.

The central issue is: reality vs made up stuff.

Facts count!