47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Hey all, 2 questions I’d appreciate help with please.

1) Making a list of folks who handled the WSHM chute. Who am I missing? 
Gene Bland

- Daniel Girolamo

- Norman Hayden 

- Bill Jeswine

- Bruce Smith

- Bruce Thun

- Museum staff

- Cooper 

2) Does anyone think the packing cards were dusted for prints? I am doubtful but wondering if anyone has evidence to the contrary. 

Thanks 

12 hours ago, whiskers said:

Gene Bland

- Daniel Girolamo

- Norman Hayden 

- Bill Jeswine

- Bruce Smith

- Bruce Thun

- Museum staff

- Cooper 

2) Does anyone think the packing cards were dusted for prints? I am doubtful but wondering if anyone has evidence to the contrary. 

Thanks 

Cossey.

19 hours ago, whiskers said:

Gene Bland

- Daniel Girolamo

- Norman Hayden 

- Bill Jeswine

- Bruce Smith

- Bruce Thun

- Museum staff

- Cooper 

Thanks 

1.  Definitely Cossey as FlyJack points out.

2.  It is highly unlikely that any packing card was dusted for prints.  The two parachutes recovered from the airliner in Reno stayed there or at the Las Vegas FBI office for some lengthy period of time after the hijacking.  They were examined in Reno by National Guard personnel and others.  After that, the packing cards were probably so contaminated that looking for fingerprints was a waste of time.

Edited by Robert99

44 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

1.  Definitely Cossey as FlyJack points out.

2.  It is highly unlikely that any packing card was dusted for prints.  The two parachutes recovered from the airliner in Reno stayed in there or at the Las Vegas FBI office for some lengthy period of time after the hijacking.  They were examined in Reno by National Guard personnel and others.  After that, the packing cards were probably so contaminated that looking for fingerprints was a waste of time.

Thank you re: Cossey. 

And yes re: prints on cards, it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t even think to check for prints there. I’m more wanting to confirm that the powder didn’t come in contact with the chute / data card pocket. 

3 hours ago, whiskers said:

Thank you re: Cossey. 

And yes re: prints on cards, it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t even think to check for prints there. I’m more wanting to confirm that the powder didn’t come in contact with the chute / data card pocket. 

why?

12 minutes ago, georger said:

why?

Possible DNA collection from the card pocket. A forensics lab I’m in touch with asked me to confirm this. The powder that’s used for print dusting eliminates any chance for DNA analysis by MVAC.

I have no delusions that there is a very slim-to-none chance to get a viable Cooper DNA sample from the WSHM chute. But I am willing to try and see how far I can go with this. If the museum grants access (another Hail Mary), we will also measure the canopy. I’m in contact with Shutter regarding that. 

Edited by whiskers

15 minutes ago, whiskers said:

Possible DNA collection from the card pocket. A forensics lab I’m in touch with asked me to confirm this. The powder that’s used for print dusting eliminates any chance for DNA analysis by MVAC.

I have no delusions that there is a very slim-to-none chance to get a viable Cooper DNA sample from the WSHM chute. But I am willing to try and see how far I can go with this. If the museum grants access (another Hail Mary), we will also measure the canopy. I’m in contact with Shutter regarding that. 

what finger print powder that was used in in this case are you talking about?  chemical composition ?

This is interesting...

This guy had an intruder outside his rural home, about 5 miles south of Woodland..

I tracked his past (family home) address to Paradise Point, Clark, Washington about 5 miles south of Woodland - this is about 3 miles East of the flightpath at the 8:12 mark on the map..

If the wind was SE in that area Cooper would have landed very close to this spot.

115247517_ScreenShot2023-04-22at11_16_07AM.png.252408f4e8c045600e6cd2c10105cedf.png

1884170533_ScreenShot2023-09-02at4_24_40PM.png.52c4ac0f69e5f08d67aae2e9fde8feeb.png

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

This is interesting...

This guy had an intruder outside his rural home, about 5 miles south of Woodland..

I tracked his past (family home) address to Paradise Point, Clark, Washington about 5 miles south of Woodland - this is about 3 miles East of the flightpath at the 8:12 mark on the map..

If the wind was SE in that area Cooper would have landed very close to this spot.

115247517_ScreenShot2023-04-22at11_16_07AM.png.252408f4e8c045600e6cd2c10105cedf.png

1884170533_ScreenShot2023-09-02at4_24_40PM.png.52c4ac0f69e5f08d67aae2e9fde8feeb.png

interesting ....

6 hours ago, whiskers said:

I think you are being overly dramatic about this. Any lab must determine firsthand what they are dealing with before anything can proceed.  An inspection must occur before any judgements can be made. Lay people are usually not qualified or equipped to make this analysis/judgement!  Rumors do not qualify as evidence in Lab matters!

Permissions must also be obtained!  You have no legal standing in this parachute issue!!  Presumably, Mr Hayden would have to give permission and make arrangements personally before his chute can be tested by .............  whomever. 

The issue of some finger print powder automatically destroying dna,  a-priori....., is a puzzlement to me since you give no particulars. 

Be careful not to transport that chute in a 1933 Ford as those Fords may kill or eliminate all dna testing of everything and everyone associated with that FORD!  Transport only in a city bus or a garbage truck. .      

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, georger said:

I think you are being overly dramatic about this. Any lab must determine firsthand what they are dealing with before anything can proceed.  An inspection must occur before any judgements can be made. Lay people are usually not qualified or equipped to make this analysis/judgement!  Rumors do not qualify as evidence in Lab matters!

Permissions must also be obtained!  You have no legal standing in this parachute issue!!  Presumably, Mr Hayden would have to give permission and make arrangements personally before his chute can be tested by .............  whomever. 

The issue of some finger print powder automatically destroying dna,  a-priori....., is a puzzlement to me since you give no particulars. 

Be careful not to transport that chute in a 1933 Ford as those Fords may kill or eliminate all dna testing of everything and everyone associated with that FORD!  Transport only in a city bus or a garbage truck. .      

G the target of the testing is the inside (edge) of the pocket... not the outside of the chute. The chute is the property of the museum.. A lab indicated that fingerprint powder could destroy DNA. The question was whether the card was finger printed and therefore could have contaminated the inside of the pocket. That is all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, georger said:

September 1, 2023

D. B. Cooper and Flight 305: the CIA connection

After a wait of over three years, I received a response from the Central Intelligence Agency to my FOIA request dated 18 July 2020. In that request, I had asked for the following:

Georger, you are actually referring to a post by Dr. Robert Edwards on his blog.  This is not an FOIA request that you did.

17 hours ago, whiskers said:

Whiskers, thanks for the information on the WSHM chute.  I have also been in touch with Shutter on this for several years.  If access to the chute is finally granted, please let me and others know before the examination. 

There needs to be high quality photographs taken of this chute and certain specific areas of the chute in order to assist in determining what type of chute this is or is not.  What appears on the packing card is not always accurate.

And as I have indicated previously to Shutter, I am willing to help with $ for the examination and any lab testing.

Good luck.

Edited by Robert99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Georger, you are actually referring to a post by Dr. Robert Edwards on his blog.  This is not an FOIA request that you did.

I never knew your grandmother! STOP pestering me about your grandmother!

LEARN HOW TO READ!

Edited by georger

4 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

G the target of the testing is the inside (edge) of the pocket... not the outside of the chute. The chute is the property of the museum.. A lab indicated that fingerprint powder could destroy DNA. The question was whether the card was finger printed and therefore could have contaminated the inside of the pocket. That is all.

Understand I do.  ................................ never mind. Do as you like, or, like as you do. 

22 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

This is interesting...

Nice find. Is that 3 miles West of flight path? How far from Heisson store? What are you thinking for timeline? Lands near the store then is heard at the house or the other way around? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Nice find. Is that 3 miles West of flight path? How far from Heisson store? What are you thinking for timeline? Lands near the store then is heard at the house or the other way around? 

Yes, West.. it is 10 miles from Heisson store.

Heisson was 11:30 and the house intruder was around midnight.. those times are likely estimates.. a 10 mile walk is 2.5 hours. Either he hitched a ride or those times are actually further apart..  or maybe they are unrelated.