11 11
quade

DB Cooper

There is one caveat.. The chute description of all white came from Cossey.. Cossey may been wrong if the chutes were mixed up..

The orange and white chute found in the river next to the rail tracks a mile from Heisson store might have been Cooper's. (if Cossey was wrong) The FBI dismissed it for being the wrong colour..

(edited)

UPDATE: I have been informed by Gayla that the week we have the WHOLE week off work starts THIS Saturday, not next week or the week after. "Didn't I tell you that?" she said. "I was wondering why you weren't already prepping the gear."

LOL.
So I spent most of today going through the gear and packing the totes, etc. Washing out the water containers and filling them...charging the deep cycle batteries that weigh 50 pounds each...spare parts to truck and tools...make sure BOTH spare tires work...you name it I probably did it today. 

So I will be leaving soon for a few days. No worries. Where I go there IS no virus...because there ARE no people around for miles. One way in, same way out...and you can see anyone coming up the valley from a couple of miles away. Pictures below. 

LongShotTrapPass.jpg.386c8767185ad90ded5b883b02829b2c.jpg

EveningViewSite2.jpg.a4436ea63401fe5fe582a1d05a682529.jpg

EndoftheRoad.jpg.1bcc7a546bf1d77a6b53b43a23ff1727.jpg

Area is snow-free, but just barely, according to the Forest Service. Another 500 feet up and there is still snow. But I'm not going out there. The main access road, you can go to the far right of this picture to a dropoff, and watch that road from above in case anyone approaches. Even from there, they are still twenty minutes away down in the valley. It's a fairly secure location. Last time, I pointed the truck in the direction back out..the view in this picture...and if anyone came along I would just switch on all the lights. Plus the handheld spotlight with the Cree chip. No worries at all. Daylight shot below. You should see them at night. The Hella spots must have the covers on them until you get off road. Then you can remove the covers and use them. 

AllLightsOnforVideo.jpg.038bb4e456d87dcbbc4f57aee5a625b4.jpg

*Everything you just read and saw above is true. EXCEPT for the part where I said I was going back to Trap Pass in the Olympics. Yes, I am going to the Olympics. But because of some of the dolts who read this thread, the ones who don't actually post here but keep an eye on those posts...I would be crazy to say publicly WHERE exactly I am going in the Olympics.* Not a chance in hell. B)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

COOPER UPDATE: 

NHK, aka Japanese Public Television contacted me again today. Besides wanting a couple of more KC-related pictures, they want to do Cooper book covers. Well, okay. I figured it was okay to send them Ha Ha Ha, front and back cover in hi-res. Warned them that technically it was under copyright, but no one knows who wrote it. They take responsibility if they decide to use it, although 42 years after its secretive publication I doubt anyone will step forward to object. But that decision is theirs. I am NOT being paid for that image. It ain't mine. 

Anyway...they want me to submit two more Cooper-related book covers. They have to be adjusted to a certain resolution and size, etc. So...if any Cooper book author is interested in having their book featured on a public TV program in Japan, you should contact me. Payment for your image would be fifty bucks, and this payment will not go through me, but sent directly to you. 

LATE EDIT: This program will be available in the USA, in English I am told. Dubbed? Probably, except for the part where US folks appear, such as Geoff Gray. 

Don't do this by POSTING AT DROPZONE or you will be ignored. This is private stuff. Contact me at adventurebooksofseattle AT gmail dot com ONLY! I will set you up with them. They will pay you fifty bucks to boot. They only need two more front covers for the show. They did Geoff Gray's already, in fact they did an on-camera interview with him already. 

This is the way it will work. If you are interested, email me with the highest-resolution picture of your book cover that you have. I will make adjustments to it, convert it to hi-res JPEG and in higher-res TIFF format. I will send them back to you that way and add the name and the email of the people who write the checks. (I already received my initial payment, and the check was good.) You send them the images and tell them fifty bucks for the one-time license. They will pay you. You will have to provide your address and a name for the check. That's all there is to it. 

I figure if no one emails, or just posts their offer to DZ instead of what I asked...then there is no interest. If you are wondering what the show is about, it isn't about solving the Cooper case. It's a public TV show about how the Cooper case has gone into American culture, or affected that culture. Hard to explain. Highbrow stuff I guess. Not exactly Planet Earth, but certainly NOT DB Cooper Case Closed. 

One more thing: YOU SHOULD HURRY. I am leaving town Saturday morning and they want those images BEFORE I am due to return. Basically, you have until Friday evening to contact me. Not my fault, I only got the message from Yumi about these book cover additions to the show just today. So email quick or forever hold your peace. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

22 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

You guys have mentioned that there were a number of parachute finds in the area. That strikes me as curious. What more might be known about them? Were they full rigs, with lines, and harness/containers attached? How many people would be making bandit jumps into the wilderness and leaving the rigs behind, and why? Or were they just canopies with perhaps all or most of the lines cut off that people might use for makeshift camping gear, shelter, shade?

17 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The only 'real' parachute found was the one on private property between Bald and Green Mountains in the Amboy, WA area.

Well I know about the Amboy chute, but I thought I read on here a few days ago that there were something like 4 or 5 different parachutes found in the area over time. That's what I was curious about. Am I mistaken?

(edited)

A piece of an orange and white parachute was discovered at one time and dismissed for being wrong color. A pilot chute from a flare in the Columbia River. The Amboy chute. Those are the only ones I know. 

Looking in my email this evening, (Gayla and I are still working outside the home) I see no one has taken me up on my offer. This is too bad. If you have a Cooper book out there, this show is where you want to be. Not a slouch production, not a sleazy production by any means. Geoff Gray came on board pretty quickly, did an interview. So did John Detlor, the former FBI agent...who says he doesn't believe that McCoy was the guy, by the way.

You have until tomorrow afternoon to get hold of me. That's it. I will give you my email one last time: adventurebooksofseattle AT Gmail dot com. No skin off my nose if you miss this opportunity. I will also consider submitting your contact info (privately) to the production staff, in case you do NOT have a book out there, but wish to be interviewed for the show.

I'm not doing it at Dropzone, folks. All of us know there are people...who if they knew the contact info on the production staff, would immediately start sending poison pen trash to them. So I am not GOING THERE. Been there, done that. Tomorrow (Friday) at 9PM Pacific, I'm shutting down the computers and start loading my truck for the Olympics trip. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

FYI: I have seen the recent Johnny-Come-Lately posts over at the DB Cooper Forum regarding Bryan Woodruff. NOW they feel sorry for him since he is very sick...NOW they shower him with compliments. 

Excuse me, Bruce Smith and the rest of you...what a bunch of phonies! When Adventure Books of Seattle was busy dropping more than $2,000 and recruiting human help and support from the Cooper Forum in our effort to restore the Ariel Store he owns, you guys couldn't be bothered. 

Why? Because AB of Seattle was involved. You said this, by the way. 

Meanwhile...back at the ranch...the AB staff and I are making trips to Ariel three times at 128 miles each way to shoot the promo photos...deliver massive amounts of gear...auction items...food for the event...and we even got his store on national TV and helped him raise a few thousand bucks. While all of you picked on our efforts, or in the case of Bruce, put up BS on the internet about the whole project...which cause Bryan Woodruff to decide Bruce could not attend. So...he lies to Meyer Louie to get a ride to the event anyway...and then when Bryan STILL tells him he can't come on the property...tells MORE lies to make himself look good and put the blame for his actions on others!

Why don't all of you put your friggin' money where your mouths are! If you feel so sorry for Bryan, why don't you jump on board a SECOND fundraiser for him, instead of doing mealy-mouthed, I-love-Bryan-SO-much postings that don't mean shit.

You guys as a group are the biggest bunch of phonies in Cooperland, without a doubt. 

Bruce says he doesn't support, or allow hatred on his Mountain News. Really, Bruce? Then what is THIS? And all the sick crap that follows it. Or don't you read your own WordPress? 

Phonies. All the way. All of you, with a few exceptions like Tom Kaye and 377 definitely fall into that category. You want to help Bryan? You REALLY care about him? Then help AB of Seattle do something about it. We are considering approaching Bryan for what might be the final party ever held at the Ariel Store, and we already know that no one in the Northwest who identifies with either Bryan, the store, or the Cooper case...has the resources to pull this off. So put your money where your mouths are, which doesn't actually MEAN 'money' by the way...but more in the way of active online support...or shut your mouths. A video is nothing. A poem is nothing. 

Action is what counts, my friends. If you don't want AB to assist on this project for your selfish reasons...then light a fire under Eric Ulis and let him handle it. Either /or. There IS no one else capable of pulling something like this off for Bryan. Eric might be able to handle it, but he had better have deep pockets. AB can CERTAINLY handle it. I know this because we did it before and no matter what baloney you may have heard, it was a big success. Bryan walked away with a few thousand dollars and a lot more people attended than that last convention in Vancouver. You can always count on the locals around Ariel to show up. 

We suggest going with the format that worked last time. Big auction with donated items. We set up computers and link them to a donation site so people can help simply by whipping out their debit or credit cards. Free food. Big party. Speakers on stage. Convince TV and local media it is worth it to cover the event. That's what worked last time. 

You guys have a lot of nerve. I will give you that much. I'm trying to shame you into action, because in my opinion, you deserve it. Despite some of the negatives about that event, the backbiting, the nasty posts, the poison pen emails, we still pulled it off with a great deal of success. Money talks. Getting the media talks. Baloney WALKS. If we had everyone's support...if you could set aside your childish and emotional responses to positive efforts...this NEXT event for Bryan would be the biggest one yet. Maybe the FINAL one. You do understand that the Ariel Store as everyone has known it for decades will probably disappear if Bryan passes on. Maybe if he had the money to make some arrangements...this would not happen. Put some effort (and your support) where your mouths are. 

Because I worked with Bryan very closely for months, I also understand his situation with the store a lot better than YOU do. For example, it is extremely doubtful that the store will ever be re-opened as a tavern and a store with a license. The costs to do this would run six figures or close. This actually exceeds the value of the property. The work to bring it up to state and county codes just costs too damn much. However...Bryan's other idea...the one where he wants to set it up as a DB Cooper museum makes much more sense and the costs of doing THAT are way cheaper. Someone could still live in the back, and run the museum out front. No food or liquor license required, and very often small museums ARE run from someone's personal residence. This would only require the types of upgrades you would do to improve your own home. This museum could also hold both indoor and outdoor events. Bryan is set up pretty well already for both, especially the outdoor stuff because he cleared out a huge, flat area just south of the store and opened up the covered stage that is also on that part of the property. To convert it to a private residence/museum would take volunteer work, but not a whole lot of money. It is, in my opinion, the most sensible option, and the best legacy for the story in its present state. 

Seen recently at Geoff Gray's website:

"The community stagnates without the impulse of the individual. The impulse dies away without the sympathy of the community."

– William James

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
1 hour ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

New episode out now! DB Cooper Science Panel with Eric Ulis, Tom Kaye, and Anonymous. Check it out!
https://pod.link/1439712498

It's a decent show, and I have most of the episodes. But I was just wondering whether you post here solely to advertise your latest episode, or if you have actual opinions on anything Cooper-related. All I ever see is the ads. It is better to advertise here, rather than the DB Cooper Forum, though. All the public sees over there when you post your links (instead of the actual link to the show) is THIS:

'You are not allowed to view pictures or links. Register or login.'

Sign out over there sometime and look at one of your posts. You will see what I mean. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

FYI: I have seen the recent Johnny-Come-Lately posts over at the DB Cooper Forum regarding Bryan Woodruff. NOW they feel sorry for him since he is very sick...NOW they shower him with compliments. 

Excuse me, Bruce Smith and the rest of you...what a bunch of phonies! When Adventure Books of Seattle was busy dropping more than $2,000 and recruiting human help and support from the Cooper Forum in our effort to restore the Ariel Store he owns, you guys couldn't be bothered. 

Why? Because AB of Seattle was involved. You said this, by the way. 

Meanwhile...back at the ranch...the AB staff and I are making trips to Ariel three times at 128 miles each way to shoot the promo photos...deliver massive amounts of gear...auction items...food for the event...and we even got his store on national TV and helped him raise a few thousand bucks. While all of you picked on our efforts, or in the case of Bruce, put up BS on the internet about the whole project...which cause Bryan Woodruff to decide Bruce could not attend. So...he lies to Meyer Louie to get a ride to the event anyway...and then when Bryan STILL tells him he can't come on the property...tells MORE lies to make himself look good and put the blame for his actions on others!

Why don't all of you put your friggin' money where your mouths are! If you feel so sorry for Bryan, why don't you jump on board a SECOND fundraiser for him, instead of doing mealy-mouthed, I-love-Bryan-SO-much postings that don't mean shit.

You guys as a group are the biggest bunch of phonies in Cooperland, without a doubt. 

Bruce says he doesn't support, or allow hatred on his Mountain News. Really, Bruce? Then what is THIS? And all the sick crap that follows it. Or don't you read your own WordPress? 

Phonies. All the way. All of you, with a few exceptions like Tom Kaye and 377 definitely fall into that category. You want to help Bryan? You REALLY care about him? Then help AB of Seattle do something about it. We are considering approaching Bryan for what might be the final party ever held at the Ariel Store, and we already know that no one in the Northwest who identifies with either Bryan, the store, or the Cooper case...has the resources to pull this off. So put your money where your mouths are, which doesn't actually MEAN 'money' by the way...but more in the way of active online support...or shut your mouths. A video is nothing. A poem is nothing. 

Action is what counts, my friends. If you don't want AB to assist on this project for your selfish reasons...then light a fire under Eric Ulis and let him handle it. Either /or. There IS no one else capable of pulling something like this off for Bryan. Eric might be able to handle it, but he had better have deep pockets. AB can CERTAINLY handle it. I know this because we did it before and no matter what baloney you may have heard, it was a big success. Bryan walked away with a few thousand dollars and a lot more people attended than that last convention in Vancouver. You can always count on the locals around Ariel to show up. 

We suggest going with the format that worked last time. Big auction with donated items. We set up computers and link them to a donation site so people can help simply by whipping out their debit or credit cards. Free food. Big party. Speakers on stage. Convince TV and local media it is worth it to cover the event. That's what worked last time. 

You guys have a lot of nerve. I will give you that much. I'm trying to shame you into action, because in my opinion, you deserve it. Despite some of the negatives about that event, the backbiting, the nasty posts, the poison pen emails, we still pulled it off with a great deal of success. Money talks. Getting the media talks. Baloney WALKS. If we had everyone's support...if you could set aside your childish and emotional responses to positive efforts...this NEXT event for Bryan would be the biggest one yet. Maybe the FINAL one. You do understand that the Ariel Store as everyone has known it for decades will probably disappear if Bryan passes on. Maybe if he had the money to make some arrangements...this would not happen. Put some effort (and your support) where your mouths are. 

Because I worked with Bryan very closely for months, I also understand his situation with the store a lot better than YOU do. For example, it is extremely doubtful that the store will ever be re-opened as a tavern and a store with a license. The costs to do this would run six figures or close. This actually exceeds the value of the property. The work to bring it up to state and county codes just costs too damn much. However...Bryan's other idea...the one where he wants to set it up as a DB Cooper museum makes much more sense and the costs of doing THAT are way cheaper. Someone could still live in the back, and run the museum out front. No food or liquor license required, and very often small museums ARE run from someone's personal residence. This would only require the types of upgrades you would do to improve your own home. This museum could also hold both indoor and outdoor events. Bryan is set up pretty well already for both, especially the outdoor stuff because he cleared out a huge, flat area just south of the store and opened up the covered stage that is also on that part of the property. To convert it to a private residence/museum would take volunteer work, but not a whole lot of money. It is, in my opinion, the most sensible option, and the best legacy for the store in its present state. 

Seen recently at Geoff Gray's website:

"The community stagnates without the impulse of the individual. The impulse dies away without the sympathy of the community."

– William James

This is known as a 'bump'. B) It's done because it's important, and so you don't miss it by mistake. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

It's a decent show, and I have most of the episodes. But I was just wondering whether you post here solely to advertise your latest episode, or if you have actual opinions on anything Cooper-related. All I ever see is the ads. It is better to advertise here, rather than the DB Cooper Forum, though. All the public sees over there when you post your links (instead of the actual link to the show) is THIS:

Sign out over there sometime and look at one of your posts. You will see what I mean. 

Robert-You were on the podcast.  How many have you listened to?  Darren is knowledgeable about the case, and he has opinions, but as a host he does a great job of staying neutral.

Anyone who posts at the Cooper Forum knows that links are only available to those who log in.

• Like 2

(edited)

Darren's podcast's are stellar..

It is always beneficial to listen to views especially ones you don't agree with..

The most important thing is not what other's conclude but why and how they reached that conclusion. It makes one a better thinker..

Many conclusions are the result of flawed reasoning and logic..

Edited by FLYJACK
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Robert-You were on the podcast.  How many have you listened to?  Darren is knowledgeable about the case, and he has opinions, but as a host he does a great job of staying neutral.

Anyone who posts at the Cooper Forum knows that links are only available to those who log in.

I have most of the episodes on a flash drive. 

It's a waste of time to offer someone their own thread to post their podcast links...and the links do not work. Every time I post up a link at Quora Cooper...it goes out automatically by email to more than 1,700 users. And that doesn't count the Quora members who just drop by the site. The 'biggest site on Cooper' is a waste of time if you are trying promote anything like an event, a podcast, or the like. 

I never said the podcast was bad, or of poor quality. I was just wondering why a guy who has interviewed practically everyone on the Cooper list has no opinions of his own. 

However, I have had differences with Darren, and as a result I asked him not once, but TWICE to remove my episode from the show. He has refused to do this, so here it is again: I request he remove it from the list of episodes. 

(edited)

Placed on the ignore list...lol. I have to admit it's funny he used Bruce's name this time. Seems like poetic justice somehow. This is the eighth persona he has exhibited, and when you mention someone who probably needs psych help, you should put him Numero Uno on your list. He's also stolen Darren Schafer's name and a few other known Cooperites such as Jerry Warner and Marla Cooper. Hitting the ignore function until DZ staff get around to banning him (again) is the best way to handle him.  

Closing out my stuff with Japanese public television, aka NHK, I received the following message today from one of the producers. The window to have your Cooper book cover featured on the show with a credit has come and gone. I made the offer. Couldn't force you to participate. This only means Skyjack, Blast, and Ha Ha Ha will be featured. When she refers to 'business is still good,' she means we have not stopped the cleaning business (yet) due to the Covid-19 outbreak. However, I have determined we *could* shut it down for three months and it would not put an undue financial burden on us. Between the money that comes in each month from AB of Seattle wholesale receipts, and a couple of other things, we could do it. Plus I already have enough food and other supplies to last at least ten weeks stacked up in two refrigerators, the pantry, and in the garage. As far as Covid-19, and the irresponsible handling of the situation from the start, I say this ends all argument on who will undoubtedly go down in US history as the worst President this country ever had. And my vote used to go to Andrew Johnson, the guy who took over after Abe Lincoln was killed. Little did I know... 

Dear Mr. Blevins

Thank you again so much for the photos. Thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedule to photograph the book. You're a good photographer! I forwarded all four images to Japan. 

I'm glad that your business is still good. There is no filming right now. I have no idea when anyone can resume TV/film production here. We're lucky with D. B. Cooper episode as our filming was done on 3/2. 

D. B. Cooper case is truly intriguing. Now that you have all reliable testimonies, I cannot wait to learn more about Kenny. 

I don't know if you know that Geoffrey moved to Mexico City two years ago. I thought he was working on a case there, like a story on a big drug cartel. But I found out that he just stopped writing. He is such a great story teller so I encouraged him to keep writing when I met him in LA. 

Thank you again, Mr. Blevins for your help. You're just so kind to me. Thank you.
Please stay safe and keep in touch.

Best,
Yumi

This is the typical nature of emails I get from 'real people' outside of Cooperland. By 'photograph' the book, she means snapping both covers of Ha Ha Ha (by DB Cooper) and forwarding them to her for the show. I already did Blast for her a few days ago. 

My advice is to take a look at your consciences once in a while. And...to remember that you NEED someone like me around, if for nothing else to give it to you straight when everyone around you is just telling you how cool YOU are and THEY are. B)This is the purpose of the videos, the 50+ articles at WordPress, and the other things. I never was much for doing mutual back-slapping in order to be part of some clique. Not my style. I call it like I see it. 

Always have. Always will. 

Off to the Olympics in the morning. Will return late next week. 
Sincerely, Robert

GroupArielWcaption.jpg.82113d3d2dfaac80236e357855ceada7.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

I have to head to the Safeway and then onto the road. They open at 5 AM. Will I miss a few of you while I'm off in the Olympics for a while? YES. 

For a few others...not really. B) Time for someone else to deal with Cooper for a bit. I've done my share, at least this year. 

TravelIdeas.jpg.4cde88418ce64534541137fa2d05d487.jpg

Don't freak and tweak. It's a joke, folks. :handpeace:I gotta go. Try not to watch all the bad reports and have some fun occasionally. I know it's hard for everyone during this time. Use your imagination. Get motivated. Just DO it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Two nights away from the virus, but I bailed on a third due to snow. Long story, but I got back before the Skokomish River Road flooded too badly. Hope you guys are hunkering down. I plan another trip soon. Frankly I'm not sure I should even provide details. Couple of pictures I suppose. Had a lot of fun but had to bail late on Monday due to weather. A half-hour after I snapped the picture of the truck, the snow started falling heavy, so I packed up and headed back. Fun for the two or so days I was up there though. B) 

Mar2020_1.jpg

Mar2020_2.jpg

Mar2020_3.jpg

Just one of the reasons why the producers on the first-ever dramatic feature film on the Cooper hijacking decided to bypass the 'experts' and come to us is shown in the video below. 

Of course, the attempted exclusion stuff, the hateful posts done by spammers at DZ (may they rest in peace) the acceptance of more hate at Cooper investigator Bruce Smith's website, the endless lies, and Georger's endless string of insults and hateful posts. People like them brought out the big guns. They got ignored and bypassed. You put people OFF doing that. 

Most of the crazy, senseless crap you see on the internet originates at either of those two sites, or from some of their lower-level members or commenters. Some of whom use phony identities to do so. 

But all that does is make both the media and the public shake their heads, and look further for the truth.

That's how they ended up at my door. 

Welcome to the Reality Hotel, top floor, penthouse suite. Hate has diminishing returns. Sort of like beating your kids. B)

10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Just one of the reasons why the producers on the first-ever dramatic feature film on the Cooper hijacking decided to bypass the 'experts' and come to us is shown in the video below. 

C'mon Robert, We've been over this before and when pressed, you've agreed with me. None of these other folks were "bypassed" for the movie. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that. I don't know why you insist on pushing that narrative.

Edited by ParrotheadVol

5 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

C'mon Robert, We've been over this before and when pressed, you've agreed with me. None of these other folks were "bypassed" for the movie. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that. I don't know why you insist on pushing that narrative.

LOL...who do you think told me these things? Bruce Smith? Geoff Gray? Any of the anonymous haters at Smith's Mountain News?

Hell, no. The movie producers we signed the contract with us did, Parrot. Email and Skype. During the research phase, they had no idea I existed. They were put off by three things from the general Cooperland community. The attacking posts, the lack of access to Shutter's site unless they registered first, and the general lack of cooperation in Cooperland. 

Try to remember that back when this was going on, there were a great deal of false, and generally nasty things being posted about Gayla P and myself, AB of Seattle, and the B and G Housecleaning biz...and most of that was at the Cooper Forum at that time. They wondered..."Why doesn't this guy Robert ever respond to them?" (They didn't know about our WordPress Cooper, or AB of Seattle, and only knew a little about the Blast book.) All of that negative attention you guys laid on me over there only drove them to find out who the hell I was in the first place!

You guys actually DROVE them to me. Did you realize that? 

When we signed for the movie, they sent me a four-figure check, fairly generous. It comes each February. Because of this, I felt obligated to include Cooper Forum members in the creation process. I suggested to the production company we do that. THEY told me they didn't trust people over at either Bruce's site, or the Cooper Forum. They wanted to remain confidential until the movie was green-lighted. So they asked ME to approach YOU guys. So I did that. Everything was rejected that I offered. So if you feel left out, or you didn't get paid that 15-30 K for consulting on the script, don't blame me....I tried. Truth was they wanted nothing to do with any of you unless I approved or suggested you on my own. All THEY saw was a lot of attacking and bickering from people who probably couldn't hold to any confidentiality agreement anyway. The only people they considered 'fair and balanced' and who kept personal issues out of things, were Tom Kaye, 377, a couple of others. 

When you guys were full-blown on attack mode against me over at the Cooper Forum...you have no idea what that looks like to 'normal' people. They don't like it. They think its unprofessional. Here is a direct quote from them regarding Failure to Work Together:

"Movie making is a business. Sometimes people don't get along. Sometimes they can't stand the people they end up working with. But in the end it is a job, and when the cameras roll everyone tries to act professional and get that job done..."

They told me this in different versions a couple of times over the years. They do NOT 'dig' online attacks or petty bullshit. Someone, somewhere, has to put up one hell of a lot of money to make a film. The last thing they need is people who can't work together. That's why they bypassed you. If they hadn't...you would have heard from them by now. But the truth is they wrote off all of you. Too many potential problems. And even when you WERE offered chances to participate, you all refused or made unreasonable demands like Bruce did. 

I gave it to you guys straight-up from the start. You either didn't believe me, ("How in the holy hell could they bypass US and go to Blevins? WTF is up with that?") or you let your emotions get in the way of business. This is NOT MY FAULT...but YOURS. Later, after that second production company and the kid from Seattle came on board as an executive producer for the film...those people saw the same negativity, and knew their decision to work only with sensible folks was the right decision. They DID want to work with the general Cooper community and offer some of you rather lucrative deals, but all of you refused. Bruce wanted me to tell the production companies that he would work with THEM, but not me. 

They laughed at that one. Why? Because the movie contract signs for the Blast book. Because Smith's job would be helping review the script for accuracy and I have rights on changes to that script. (He asked for the impossible, or the Impossibly Stupid, whichever way you want to look at it.) That would be like telling the producers of a Stephen King film you can work with them as long as you don't have to work with King because you don't like him. Pretty foolish to expect that. I am not anything close to Stephen King of course, but even I wouldn't be dumb enough to tell some production company THAT crap. And they have seen those nasty posts at Smith's site, too. The ones from the Peanut Gallery. This only reinforced their decision to yes...BYPASS anyone involved in the attack mode crap. They are risking a lot of money, it is a BUSINESS, and they don't have time for people who do that. 

EDIT: Over the last three years, I have figured out a few things about the film business. Unlike a TV documentary, which can be made by almost anyone with a reasonable budget, an internationally-released dramatic feature film is a whole different animal. For one thing, a lot more money is usually involved, and the people putting UP that money are far less likely to do that with people who refuse to seek the common goal. Millions of dollars, not just tens of thousands, are involved. The requirements are higher, and so is (generally speaking) the level of professionalism expected from everyone involved. The sad and tragic truth of all this is that the most qualified people in the Cooper case were bypassed for the first-ever dramatic feature film on the Cooper case...simply because they couldn't stop trying to shut each other out, and couldn't stop the bitching and the attacks. This is why they ended up coming to me...despite the best efforts of people like Bruce Smith, Georger, Shutter (to a degree) and others. What they actually accomplished was turn over nearly complete control over that first-ever Cooper movie to me...someone who actively invites people to work with them...and something everyone rejected. My sympathy meter is at zero because sometimes people really DO get what they deserve...or even what they think they WANT...in the end. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Sorry Robert, but the above is pure bullshit. The movie people came to you because you had the story they wanted to do, and apparently you owned the rights to that story. That is why they came to you. No one at the Cooper forum has that suspect with a story that they own the rights to. There was no reason for the movie people to offer anything to any of them. So, no they were not bypassed. And when you made offers to a couple of them, they declined. That doesn't sound like being bypassed.

9 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Sorry Robert, but the above is pure bullshit. The movie people came to you because you had the story they wanted to do, and apparently you owned the rights to that story. That is why they came to you. No one at the Cooper forum has that suspect with a story that they own the rights to. There was no reason for the movie people to offer anything to any of them. So, no they were not bypassed. And when you made offers to a couple of them, they declined. That doesn't sound like being bypassed.

It is NOT baloney. They did not come to me because of the Kenny story. They had no advance plan. It was research only at first. Their initial plan was to shoot a dramatic feature film on Cooper. They did not know any more about Cooper than your average person. So...they started doing research on the case. The first place they found was The D.B. Cooper Forum, and later, Bruce Smith's Mountain News. 

nonogirlsmall.jpg.7809a0acdc4e354fc5f8dd4c626dc3e8.jpg

They lurked at the Cooper Forum for a couple of months, but didn't want to register because they wanted to remain anonymous. So they hung out there trying to find out what they could. (They were unhappy about some of that because the public cannot view links or most pictures there. You guys are always posting 'check this evidence or THAT evidence out' with a link the public can't view. It put them off a bit.) As they were doing that, my name kept coming up as well as KC's, and there was so much vitriol involved that they got curious as to what all the fuss was about, so they eventually Googled my name and found AB of Seattle and the WordPress Cooper site with its (back then) thirty or so articles. (Now it has around 50 plus posted.)

They contacted me by email, and later by phone. We did some Skype discussions. I sent them to the KC video at YouTube. They downloaded the public version of the KC report from the AB website and studied it. They asked if I had anything else, I said yes...but that information was confidential. We finally made a deal. They asked to see everything on KC and Geestman that was available, and they promised to keep it under their hat...however...if they were convinced there was a story in it...they *might* make an offer to me. So I agreed to this and let them see everything, even the stuff we hadn't made public. 

Approximately November 2016, they offered me an option contract and I received my first option payment the following February. Some of the 'bypass' issues were not discussed at that time. This came later as we began to work more closely together on how to approach the movie...mid-2017 or so I guess. We made some jokes about the posts at the Cooper Forum, but they were still interested in making offers to some of the more high-profile 'experts' in the Cooper case, most of whom hang out at the Cooper Forum. 

The production staff told me they would not make those decisions on their own, because they didn't know who would be best for this job...or THAT job...for the movie. Besides, they said...You know the material best. You know the people. Maybe you should do the recruiting. I told them it was probably a waste of time for me to try, but that I would. At this time, I was also granted some control of script content. A main screenwriter would write the basic script, and I would be allowed to make changes or corrections. This was added to the contract I signed. 

They assigned the job of recruiting others for the project to me. I was authorized to offer between $15,000 and $30,000 to people I thought could assist on the script, or at least participate in the process. I was asked to concentrate on either recognized experts, or people who had actually written a book on the Cooper case. There was no specific upper limit to the budget, but I was willing to budget as high as $60,000 between three or four people, known names in Cooperland. At that rate, half of that amount would have come from my end of things, but I was willing to do that if it would improve the final product. 

I approached Bruce Smith, Shutter, Tom Kaye, and Marty Andrade. None of them were interested. Kaye just didn't have the time, and wasn't the best expert on the historical record. Andrade told me he had trouble previously with some media and didn't want to get involved. Shutter refused to even put up a (basically) 'Help Wanted' notice at the Cooper Forum website. (Couldn't do it myself, and Dropzone still had the Cooper Thread here closed)

Shutter said he wouldn't get involved in ANYTHING done by Adventure Books of Seattle. I told him he wasn't being fair to his members, because he was speaking for all of them as a whole, and maybe they should make up their OWN minds. Bruce Smith barely answered my emails and made unreasonable demands. All of these things were forwarded to the production company staff. They were amazed by this reaction, and at that time they were still watching posts at the Cooper Forum. All they saw was hatred and nasty postings about the possible movie. At this point, everyone there was written off for good and they asked me to stop making offers to Bruce, or anyone at the Cooper Forum. I also said to them: I Told You So.

Soon afterward, a young Hollywood star who wanted to move into producing (he already had his own production company) contacted the original production company. He was brought on board as an exec producer for the movie...after I met him in person at Dick's Drive In Burgers, the famous joint at the foot of Queen Anne Hill in Seattle. We spoke for a couple of hours. He is originally from Seattle, and was up here visiting for a few weeks with his family. This was in January 2019. 

In early 2020, a writer of a Cooper book (you know him, but I won't mention his name although many of you already know about this) was approached to fact-check the final script against the historical record. He was offered $30,000 and a credit in the movie, as well as listing his book in the credits. He accepted this job and is waiting to see the final script as well. At this time there are no plans to bring anybody else from Cooperland on board the film. I still have the right in my contract to attempt this, but I don't see the point of it. Everyone has made their desires known...and IN SPADES. Even I can take a hint. 

But all of the things that have happened over the years, the negativity, the nasty posts, the personal attacks by both named and anonymous people...this is why the mainstream folks in Cooperland were bypassed. Too much baggage, too many problems, too much hate...some of which is still going today over at Mountain News. Maybe even at Shutter's place. I haven't been there lately. But remember something...if you weren't bypassed...someone from one of those production companies, even a lower staff member...would have contacted the Cooper Forum by now. Or haven't you wondered why they didn't do that? 

Everyone involved in this movie is well-versed in the Cooper Forum and Mountain News. At least the senior staff. They've seen all the posts, and the articles. They wanted nothing to do with that community. It's a business. As I said, millions of dollars are involved, and when that is the case, there is no room for games, hatred, or bullshit. This is why you were all bypassed. If you were wanted, especially after all the rejections, they would have contacted at least ONE of you by now. I guess you could count my private approaches to some of you as 'being included,' but after the rejections the production companies wrote all of you off. They thought many of the posts were simply childish. 

pointless.png.55190c1c8eecb04ab40d72cf48541620.png

A THIRD production company, a very big one, has expressed interest in coming on board the project as well. You have heard of them. They are waiting to see the final version of the script. That's where everything stands right now, although due to the current crisis, all we can do is continue to work on the script. I have already gone through the entire thing. Probably needs one more revision before it is ready. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

2 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

^^^^^Bullshit^^^^^

Really? What part(s) exactly?

You DO understand that the production staff knows I hang out at Dropzone, right? I tell you more than I should...the straight scoop on things...and that's the only response you can muster? You were not there. You have not BEEN there. You are not the one working on this project. You have not worked with these people for over three years now. 

Let me drop a personal opinion regarding the state of affairs in Cooperland. And by 'Cooperland,' I don't mean the fans of the case right now. I mean the major players hanging out at Mountain News/Cooper and the DB Cooper Forum.

For a bunch of people who consider themselves the be-all and end-all of everything Cooper, you aren't doing too well right now. You call my honest explanation bullshit. But I am not the one who created a situation of exclusivity, attempts-to-character-assassinate, and using phony identities to attack others. (Exclude 377, Tom Kaye, and a couple of others from this group.)

Now you are pissed (I assume) because more sensible folks saw through all that and finally came to me instead. Well...don't blame that on me. I've said before that a negative atmosphere, an atmosphere of cheap attacks, of lies, of attempted exclusion, while others actively egg this behavior on...has diminishing returns. In other words, it works for a while...and then it doesn't work so well as time goes by. 

The production companies for the movie, while they were wearing boots and wading through negative posts at both the Cooper Forum and (later) at Mountain News...decided you could be more of a liability than an asset. This is not my fault. It is yours. You believed that by trying to denigrate everything we have done in the case...including our efforts to help Bryan Woodruff and the Ariel Store...that this would make you look good. It just made you look ugly as hell. 

It was only my conscience, and the fact that despite the negativity...I did realize SOME of you might serve a good role in this movie...that I was convinced to approach any of you at all. In the end, this is the way it turned out:

It was all that negativity that was the catalyst for where this situation is now. It is what it is. No use whining about it or calling bullshit on it now. They're planning on a 2021 release for the 50th anniversary. It's too bad you and (some of) your friends spent years of your time on those forums just going on the attack. Coming after me, my friends, Gayla, even my cat occasionally. Silly beyond belief. Like angry children. Now you are surprised when you discover you may have gone a bit too far. So far, in fact, that more sensible folks were turned off by it.

Don't be surprised. It usually turns out that way. And you can call me crazy, but I still have the power to not EX-clude, but IN-clude people in this project. But the problem is that the trust factor on that is total zero with me. I would have to be seriously convinced you were seriously serious. As Kurt Russell once said: 'Trust is a tough thing to come by these days...'

Edited by RobertMBlevins

No, I am not pissed. I don't get pissed off on anything related to DBC or these forums. This isn't my life. It's just something I'm interested in and I follow. So no, not pissed.

I just don't buy for one second that these movie folks were going to do a DBC movie, invest millions of dollars in the project, and were going to go to an internet message board for their source material. I'm not that stupid. 

I believe they came to you, and worked out a deal. Good for you. But I think in the process, you "warned" them about all of the other folks in "Cooperville". I don't think that they gave a rats ass about not being able to view links on the forum. If they were there to do real research, they would have joined and done the research. 

I believe the offer you made to Bruce was a bullshit offer. I do not believe for one second that you would have ever worked with Bruce. Making the offer was simply a way for you to say you tried. Truth is, you don't want to work with anyone in "Cooperville" any more than they want to work with you. Difference is, they are all honest about it.

I am a bit surprised though, that they didn't go to Geoff Gray instead of you (even though we all know Geoff is now involved anyway). 

(edited)

Nicky raised a point at The Cooper Forum about the Raleigh cigarettes, James Bond/Dan Cooper comic, etc.  It may or may not get some discussion over there.  I sense some of the long time posters there have already discussed many topics through the years and may be worn out on these theories.

Nicky, we may be in agreement that the Raleigh cigarettes were not his usual brand.  It makes sense to me that if he was hiding other parts of his persona, why not the cigarettes too.  Why smoke your regular brand and possibly give yourself away? So much of the hijacking seemed to have a flair about it, so why not the cigarettes too?

I had done some searching a while back on those cigarettes.  They were a popular brand, but not the most popular.  I looked at old advertisements for those, but did not see anyone famous as a spokesperson (granted it was a cursory search).

Question-did anyone famous smoke Raleighs? Did James Bond? I know Sean Connery smoked in his Bond movies, but were the cigarettes Raleighs?  Did Dan Cooper smoke cigarettes in the comic?  Were those cigarettes in any movies or books?

Flyjack this seems right up your alley.

Edited by CooperNWO305

(edited)
1 hour ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Nicky raised a point at The Cooper Forum about the Raleigh cigarettes, James Bond/Dan Cooper comic, etc.  It may or may not get some discussion over there.  I sense some of the long time posters there have already discussed many topics through the years and may be worn out on these theories.

Nicky, we may be in agreement that the Raleigh cigarettes were not his usual brand.  It makes sense to me that if he was hiding other parts of his persona, why not the cigarettes too.  Why smoke your regular brand and possibly give yourself away? So much of the hijacking seemed to have a flair about it, so why not the cigarettes too?

I had done some searching a while back on those cigarettes.  They were a popular brand, but not the most popular.  I looked at old advertisements for those, but did not see anyone famous as a spokesperson (granted it was a cursory search).

Question-did anyone famous smoke Raleighs? Did James Bond? I know Sean Connery smoked in his Bond movies, but were the cigarettes Raleighs?  Did Dan Cooper smoke cigarettes in the comic?  Were those cigarettes in any movies or books?

Flyjack this seems right up your alley.

Raleigh's were mid level, not premium. They were marketed and bought for the coupon program. Cooper's were filtered 85mm. BTW, 8 cigs were found, 7 Id'd as Raleigh and one assumed..   Were any the one Tina smoked??

The context of my research has been Hahneman.. He demanded 2000 Benson and Hedges, a premium brand..  but he had a pack of Viceroy's filtered 85mm on him.. Viceroy's were equivalent to Raleigh's, the difference was the marketing.

Prior to 1970, Viceroy smokers were mostly women,, in 1970 Viceroy changed its marketing and sponsoship toward men.

Edited by FLYJACK