NWFlyer

Lost Prairie Boogie July 26 - August 4 2008 (Skydive Lost Prairie, Montana)

I looked for you! I went back to Eden North and got drunk with Doug and Lyal.:S

Isn't it "countdown to 2009"????;)

Love,
ASSHAT

Oops, need to update!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Grimmster,

Did you make the sunset load at Eden? I kicked ass on Sunday night, took 3 out with pocket aces, took two more when I made my Ace-pair on the turn, and took out Barry Wheeler when I made my straight on the river card. Wish you could have been there.

madjohn

Shell-babe,

Whoever left the songbooks on the porch forgot to take your pillows that I had put out in the am. They're safely at Liz and Higgies, sorry I didn't get them to you.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

I made the sunset load, only to find I wasn't packed completely. I forgot I just stuffed it in the rig while tending to Dwight. A 30 pack of Kokanee eased my pain!!!
I would have loved to seen Barry's face when you rivered him!!!!!!B|
Another great year in the books that I survived!!!
I know it was a slow year for the boogie, but did anyone else notice Mac's presence missing in the evening fun????
Now I have to detox and ready my weary bones for Belize...it never ends...thank God!!!!!;)

I noticed it was a bit slow, but what do you expect after the mega year last year for the 40th. I actually appreciated the slow feel of this year. It was wonderful to just sit back and enjoy the easy going vibe.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Grimmster,

Did you make the sunset load at Eden? I kicked ass on Sunday night, took 3 out with pocket aces, took two more when I made my Ace-pair on the turn, and took out Barry Wheeler when I made my straight on the river card. Wish you could have been there.

madjohn

you mean you actually won a poker game? obviously we had already taken off:P:P:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Yeah, it was a relief when we realized we would be able to try to make it. Sorry we missed you at Mooses though...would have been nice for one last hug. I got lots of pics from the bar, tower and whatnot if you would like a copy.
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Shell-babe,

Whoever left the songbooks on the porch forgot to take your pillows that I had put out in the am. They're safely at Liz and Higgies, sorry I didn't get them to you.

madjohn

Star left the songbooks and didn't know the pillows were mine.

I'll get the pillows back in time to loan them to you again next year. :)
SMOOCHES!!! Since I didn't give you any before I left.
'Shell

Yeah, it was a relief when we realized we would be able to try to make it. Sorry we missed you at Mooses though...would have been nice for one last hug. I got lots of pics from the bar, tower and whatnot if you would like a copy.

Glad you both made it and sorry I missed you at Moose's. Next year. Double the hugs.

Would LOVE pics. :)
'Shell

And to both of you, the toque selection this spring was rather sparse and I didn't have any for ANYONE. I'll look harder next year.

Not to worry dear.... a very nice Canukian lady gave me a very nice one... just in time for the cold assed sunset cross country load

Thank you Shannon dahrlin......MMMMMMMWWWWWAAAAA

Thanks to everyone who signed the "Thank You" cards for Don and Ann Becker. They are the great friends and neighbors who provided us with an excellent landing area for us this year. They are some of the "behind the scenes" people who make the Boogie great.
If you didn't have a chance to sign the cards or thank them personally, send me an e-mail and I will make sure that they receive your thoughts.
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

Mine too! I think I might be starting to feel better just in time for the weekend.

You! set the growler down and back away slowly!:P

it was great meeting everyone this yr! maybe I'll be less moody next yr...or maybe not.:D

No No No!!!!! You can't take away my growler! Its way too tasty!

And I never saw how you got your nickname! You are a sweetie.

I hope to see you there again next year!

For those of you who for whatever reason opted not to make it out this year let me tell you what you missed:

The landing area was fantastic. It was huge and devoid of most hazards aside from the infrequent gopher hole that plague almost any landing area. Sure there was still a shuttle ride but it was a big improvement over last year.

It was comfortably warm almost every day.

There were no wild fires near the DZ and I didn't even hear of any at Glacier.

The insects weren't too bad. There were a couple of bees, hornet, grasshoppers and mosquitos but their visits were brief. Nothing like we encountered on previous years.

Local wuffos were at an all time low this year. At the fire pit you would look around and actually recognize most of the people that were there. Quite a few of em popped out of the woodwork on Saturday night but when they discovered we had consolidated the Chorus and the Choir on Friday I think they got the point that we're done with them.

My brewery jump was almost as much fun as skydiving into Lake McGregor.

A sad note:
"They" cut down the rope swing. Apparently some bad things went down at the there over the past year (not during Jumpmeet). The platform and it's support branches were cut off. The tree that had the rope tied to it was cut down entirely. For those of you with happy memories of the swing I can tell you that it's a very depressing sight. The silver lining is that the area is now a nice semi-secluded place to take a swim that is sheltered fairly well from prying eyes, with little to no local traffic.

The turnout was about the lowest I have seen in my past 6 years attending the event and it was fabulous! With fewer loads and less vehicle and foot traffic the dust was relatively bearable. The hard core LP regulars were there and kept the vibe going strong. There was very little bullshit, whining, or drama (from skydivers). Any that I did see was dealt with promptly. It was a nice contrast to 2007 (which was great too).

In short... Thanks for not coming. Hope to see you there next year.