NWFlyer

Lost Prairie Boogie July 26 - August 4 2008 (Skydive Lost Prairie, Montana)

My countdown says we're under 4 months (115 sleeps to be exact) so it's time to start the official thread with all the details (which will keep skymama happy).

The 41st Annual Skydive Lost Prairie boogie will be held from July 26 - August 4 2008. Straight from the LP website:

The event starts on July 26th with the arrival of the first turbine. The event ends when the last person leaves the drop zone on Aug 4.

AIRCRAFT:
Skydive Arizona's SUPER OTTER and a SKYVAN along with a KING AIR that will help support the end of the event.

COST OF JUMPS; from all turbines to 13,000' is: $23.00 (cash or travelers check) Cost if other type of payment is: $23.50 ($1.00 of ticket price goes directly to Lost Prairie Airstrip, Inc.) Rising fuel costs mandate price changes. All prices are subject to change without notice.

EXPERIENCED JUMPERS

* Registration fee is: $20.00/$21.00
* Pre-registration is not required
* No personal checks will be accepted
* No personal or business charge accounts of any kind
* Visa/MasterCard/Discover is accepted
* Traveler's checks are accepted
* For your convenience and to speed up sales, $20.00 traveler's checks are not recommended except at registration.
* Canadian funds will be accepted at exchange rate to be determined on July 20, 2008
* We are USPA affiliated and minimum "A" license required.
* A general notice that if any gear needs work or needs to be updated or needs to comply with any Service Bulletins, we can do it here but the owner needs to ship it to us early enough (by July 6th) for us to do the necessary work prior the rush of the Boogie.
* With that, it will be ready for them upon their arrival at the Boogie. All ripcords must comply with CW03-01 or there will be a $10.00 fee for the test.

Lots more info available on the website.

A little more info from those of us who have been there...

Kalispell, MT (Glacier Int'l) is the closest airport (about 45 minutes), but it's also the most expensive.

Spokane, WA is about 4 1/2 hours away and often has good deals since Southwest flies there.

Seattle, WA and Salt Lake City, UT are both around 10 hour drives, and you can probably find locals to connect with that are driving from either city.

You're going to have to camp. There's a few local lodgings, but not much - if you're looking for hotels, you'll end up in Kalispell, and that's no fun. Part of what makes the Prairie so special is being on the DZ and experiencing all that living on the Prairie has to offer.

Yes, there are showers, and yes, they're occasionally hot. There's only a couple of flush toilets, but there are plenty of porta-potties, and they're well-serviced so they're generally pretty clean.

I'm sure others will add lots more info. But for now, let's get the list going!!!!

The list:

NWFlyer
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I've been waiting 5 days for someone to start this thread. Buncha slackers, I tell ya! :P;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

i had plans to come with lots of ranch hands..but im starting a new job next month and prolly wont be able to get off for the boogie...however most of the other people will prolly still be going..

kinda sucks as i was really looking forward to the full on experience..

ill still try my best to get there..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

I've been waiting 5 days for someone to start this thread. Buncha slackers, I tell ya!

PSSST there are already locked threads out there Dear.. I would NOT want to be accused of creating multiple threads.....:)

Created Jan 19 2008
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3088589#3088589

Created 17 March 2008
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3155825#3155825

Granny -

Byranada can be a scary place at night. I wouldn't thank Shell yet :P

Yep, Shell's reservoir tip boys. You took the shot without me being included.:(

Awww .... this year. I'm searching for new head gear as we speak! Gotta keep my boys warm and happy! B|B|B|
'Shell

I've been waiting 5 days for someone to start this thread. Buncha slackers, I tell ya! :P;)

Yeah, yeah, I tried a little early but you caught me;);)
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

***The list:
Dr.Dive
ep11300
grannieinthesky
grimmie
Ladydyver
NWFlyer
Shell666
Skootz

Our group from Nebraska should be at least doubled, maybe tripled. See all of you in July!

:)

As for Byranada......Ft Washington will be there as well = I am not sure how many of the West Plains group is going this year, but Doc and I will be there for almost all of it. Shell, we will bring double the wine so that maybe we can actually get to that tasting this year..........And Granny, you know we will keep ya safe. I just about fell over to see that Bolas was going to make an appearance. And I have been working on my poker skills Grimmie - let the games begin:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list:
Dr.Dive
ep11300
grannyinthesky
grimmie
Ladydyver
NWFlyer
Shell666
Skootz

Our group from Nebraska should be at least doubled, maybe tripled. See all of you in July!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for Byranada......Ft Washington will be there as well = I am not sure how many of the West Plains group is going this year, but Doc and I will be there for almost all of it. Shell, we will bring double the wine so that maybe we can actually get to that tasting this year..........And Granny, you know we will keep ya safe. I just about fell over to see that Bolas was going to make an appearance. And I have been working on my poker skills Grimmie - let the games begin

B|B| Thanks. Safe sounds good, but I do sort of plan on seeing what kind of mischief I can manage.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

In Reply To
In Reply To

The list:
Dr.Dive
ep11300
grannyinthesky
grimmie
Ladydyver
NWFlyer
Shell666
Skootz

As for Byranada......Ft Washington will be there as well = I am not sure how many of the West Plains group is going this year, but Doc and I will be there for almost all of it. Shell, we will bring double the wine so that maybe we can actually get to that tasting this year..........And Granny, you know we will keep ya safe. I just about fell over to see that Bolas was going to make an appearance. And I have been working on my poker skills Grimmie - let the games begin

B|B| Thanks. Safe sounds good, but I do sort of plan on seeing what kind of mischief I can manage.

Oh, rest assured there will be mischief that you can get into ... after all, we're bringing more wine. ;)
'Shell