Jessica

How many jumpsuits or skydiving outfits do you have?

How many different jumpsuits do you have? Why do you use one and not another? Does one get a lot more wear than another?

I have an all-black Tony suit that I wear for almost every jump. I have Firefly pants that I've only worn a few times (I'm not much of a freeflier). I have a white Bev suit that needs some mods before i can use it.
Skydiving is for cool people only

I have a white Bev suit that I got used; it's perfect, but getting more used all the time. I also have another suit that came with my rig -- it proves that estimated sizes aren't very accurate. I can put it on, but that's about all. I tried to sell it in Eloy to no avail, so I guess I'll just have to lose weight.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

2 pairs of freefly pants
3 pairs of freefly shorts (one set haven't come in yet, but will be in soon)
2 freefly suits (which used to be 3, but i sold one last summer)
1 pair of patch pants
1 camera suit.

so i have 9 "outfits" which used to be last year, 11 (i had a belly suit too, which i sold)

later

I have a Pit Special (currently at mom's house waiting for some patches) that was my first suit. Once it's fixed it'll be my back up.

My "fast" RW suit is my JFTC suit. ZP nylon front, spandex arms, no booties. I've got a set of pink slip on arms to add a bit of drag. This suit with the slip ons was okay on the JFTC jumps but I'd have been happier if I had gotten other than the ZP nylon for the front.

My mid-range RW suit is my Firefly. Just a bit slower than the pink suit. Have a set of matching slip ons for this suit too.

My "slow" suit is on order right now. Basic FliteSuit Body Suit with standard (not spandex) arms and an Ultralite front. Hoping it arrives before the big way camp; I want to go late and dock on the outside!

Also have a freefly suit that doesn't get used nearly enough.

I'm beginning to think I need a "slow" suit, too. It would be good to have a full range available, even if I didn't use it that much. Both of my suits are really fast, which is usually fine.
Skydiving is for cool people only

It would be good to have a full range available, even if I didn't use it that much.

Slip on arms are great for slowing your fallrate down just a bit and they're much cheaper than a new suit. I've used mine with the Firefly suit on several 20ish ways, and they saved the day (week) for me on the JFTC jumps.

I'm curious to see just how much slower I'll be able to fall with the new suit. Gosh I sure hope it arrives soon (nudging diablopilot... okay, elbowing diablopilot.... ;))

edit: It's kinda like shoes. Some girls like to have lots of shoes. I like to have lots of jumpsuits. You can never have too many jumpsuits. Kate says so, and I believe her. :ph34r:

edit: It's kinda like shoes. Some girls like to have lots of shoes. I like to have lots of jumpsuits. You can never have too many jumpsuits. Kate says so, and I believe her. :ph34r:

Ummmm.....I think I win this one.....I seem to collect canopies, I have 3 yes 3 canopies and only 1 rig they will fit in....What's a girl to do? :D:P

Oh and I really really really want #4 it's all picked out and everything. ;)
Fly it like you stole it!

Just one.................a Bev RW suit I bought off of Ebay..........couldn't pass it up as it's hard to find a used suit for someone who is 6'4". I just tape up to booties and go. Thinking of having something a bit looser in fit for later on though.

3 suits all tony suits

a pitt special that i havent worn in a long time
a sit suit i havent jumpes in so long i cant remember
a free fly suit i wear when it's cold
during the summer i just wear shorts and a tee
(being a lightweight has its advantages)
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

I probably have more than most. I have (and use) 11, yes eleven jumpsuits. I jump with lots of different size students, from 90 to 250 lbs, with all sorts of fall rates. I have camera suits, freefly and sit suits, I also have a "specialty" suit I use for night demo jumps that lights up. As "sducoach" said. the jumpsuits are just tools, and the right tool always makes the job easier. It won't fix a problem, but it can make the problem easier to solve. Paul from SEMO

1 Fast RW suit, a zuitsuit that I got from being part of a skydiving wedding

1 Slow RW Suit, Its a tony suit, this is the one I use most of the time.

1 pair of really cool DaKine FF pants.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I have 4 suits and a partial owner of a 5th
Tony Pit Special - use for swoop coach jumps and RW when I know the fall rate is going to be 120 or above.
Tony suit- use for rec RW or coach jumps for fall rate and docking basically any RW jump were the fall rate would be below 120.
Fire Fly 2 piece freefly suit- Freeflying jumps or hop-n-pops
Birdman GTi(partial owner) I have done over 100 jumps on it and love these kind of jumps
Birdman Skyflier 3 (should be here this week)
Kirk

How many different jumpsuits do you have? Why do you use one and not another? Does one get a lot more wear than another?

1 freefly suit (used that one alot, before)
2 freefly pants (Matter Airwear, also wear these as regular pants sometimes)
1 freefly/freestyle top (Tony Suit, I use this one the most now, with either tights or FF pants)
2 all-purpose jumpsuits (PdF style suit and a ski suit, used for CREW and when I think I might get mud on my suit)
2 belly suits (Symbi + Parasport Italia, I'm selling the Symbi)
1 warm suit (Paratex I think, sooooo glad I bought this one. Usually wear this one underneath another suit but you can jump in it too)

I also have Birdman Pantz on order.

On my wishlist:
a camera suit, for when I'm ready
a birdman suit, ditto, if ever ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Let's see-

1 very fast 4-way suit with booties
2 medium speed cotton front 'staff' suits
1 old slow Phoenix EFS suit
1 double zip student jumpsuit for very slow fall rates (no grippers though)
1 regular student jumpsuit mainly for water training
1 300-way team suit (all blue, ended up being too fast)
1 bodysport suit, lightweight, supplex w/swoop cords (my general purpose suit)

So 8 total.

One fast RW suit--team suit.
One medium RW suit--general purpose.
DaKine FF pants-- first pair
Firefly pants--custom fit for meB|
For coach jumps with slow fall rate i wear my DaKine pants and a long sleeve shirt. If i need to grip, i wear my gp rw suit with sleeves.(borrowed) I want to get a slower/baggier suit for coaching and future AFF

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I am sure I will miss something, but here is my list of current suits:

3 BirdMan wingsuits (Skyflyer 3, GTi, Classic)
2 Michigan "knife edge" bootie comp suits
1 Michigan comp suit with standard booties
1 black double-zipper
1 black RW suit with no grippers
1 Tony sit suit
1 pair Tony swoop shorts (3/4 length freefly pants)

Chuck

All 4 are Tony Suits.

1 free fly

2 R/W, one with booties and one without, but I don't use the one without booties (I learned it didn't work as well for me).

1 R/W camera suit
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

1 FMC FF suit
1 Bev Suit for RW
1 pair of modified BDUs (long shorts) for general jumping (hook knife, velcro added, etc)
1 pair of modified BDUs that are still full length for CReW/swooping/etc (hook knife, velcro added, etc)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."