72 seconds freefall
13800 exit
Open canopy at 2200
Tony swoop today doing RW :$
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What was your longest free-fall?
What type of jumpsuit and what type of dive?
Exit and opening altitude?

Derek

Does that couple of seconds between cutting away your main and your reserve opening count? It seems kinda long...

If not, then my longest was about 55 seconds, from the Caravan in the beautiful Summer. I was halfway through my S/L so I didn't know what lengthy freefall was about (I still hardly do). My JM told me to take my time because we would have a lot of time, like forever. He was right.

Jumpsuit was a Flitesuit with no wings and regular grippers. Reinforced ass and knees for the students (not that I needed it personally as a student, mind you).

Dive was my 360 turns dive, I think.

Exit about 13.5, open around 4k.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

With a Birdman suit: around 130 seconds from 13500 down to 3500. High 40s average.

Normal freefall: about 85 seconds on an Atmonauti dive, 14000 down to 3000, average speed in the mid 90s.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

111 seconds wearing tight nylon Tony Pit Special RW suit and 10 lbs of lead, from 19500ft, deploying at 2300ft.

Somewhat slower but not as long: 93 seconds from 14000ft deploying at 2800ft wearing Tony Pit Special RW suit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

119 secs according to my pro-track Was jumping a loaned original Classic BirdMan suit from 13k to 4.5k.

Hmmm....that is an average of about 50mph....what most people are getting on Skyflier3's...you must be tall and very light. You need to get an S3 at some point....if you're getting 50's in a Classic....you'll NEVER come down in an S3! B|

Mike

I hit 48 mph minimum on my first ever BM flight, same suit. Mainly I fly about 55 mph avg on my own, just flying around (my turns are way steep).

Problem is, if I buy a S3, I won´t have anybody to fly with :P Heh heh I´m not tall (1.72 m) but I´m not really heavy (130 lbs or so). Most people here have a GTi, only 1 S3 and 1 skyflyer I think.

It´ll come....... For now, I´ll stick with a Classic (I only have like 20 BM flights so far).
The Matter suit was cool too but haven´t had the oppertunity to really fly that one yet.

But I do see a S3 in my future! ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia