tr3

"Terms" skydivers use to call themselves

SkyTrash
Air Trash

Most of all, I like to call myself "AggieDave."

What absolutely makes me smile is when a student calls me his/her instructor. Its so much fun teaching jumpers.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In the sixties I never liked the term "skydiver", because I considered it to John Wayne-ish..... There were many who wore big crests on their jackets so everyone would know they were "skydivers"...and they only had one or two jumps at the time.

I preferred Stunt parachutist, or sport parachutist.

Bill Cole D-41

Damn, you beat me to it.

I PMed him a few hours ago (right after I replied). Kinda worried he/she has a not so nice motive in this, possibly...it sure would be nice if folks atleast filled out some of their profile.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Damn, you beat me to it.

I PMed him a few hours ago (right after I replied). Kinda worried he/she has a not so nice motive in this, possibly...it sure would be nice if folks atleast filled out some of their profile.[:/]

Did he respond to your PM?
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

What absolutely makes me smile is when a student calls me his/her instructor. Its so much fun teaching jumpers.:)

Hey AggieDave,
Just wanted to tell you (as a student) that's nice to hear. I'm sure being an instructor can be frustrating, boring, annoying at times, but I'm glad you enjoy it. It's because of people like you that people like me can learn!! Thanks! :)p.s. I don't know how you do it -- I ski and one time tried to teach a friend who had never done it. He wasn't listening and was going sooooo slow, I got totally frustrated. I sent him to the ski school and took off down the hill! (Some friend I am, huh?) :P
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site