binkster

Performance Designs Bad Attitude

i doubt you would all be so harsh to them.

If they had the same attitude I doubt it'd be any different. I can think of at least 1 thread where a well liked dot.commer posted something way outta line and got reamed for it.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

binkster may well have had a very good case. 6am phone calls with bad news don't usually put you in the best of moods, especially if you're all excited about having been approved. I can sympathise.

If he'd provided all the relevant information in his first post, he'd be looking a lot better now. I think the thread would have stayed civil. Unfortunately, binkster posted tens of almost identical replies, which only weaken his case.

JT-Mirage's reply implicitly contracits binkster's story and didn't do much to alleviate his concerns. Kolla is the one that come's out with the most credit - she addressed his problem, apologised for the miscommunication, and offered to resolve it. Bravo.

So if one of the more well known posters here on dzcom started this thread, i doubt you would all be so harsh to them.

Well put Sunny:)As an outsider looking in there are a few people who could do well to check themselves. the reason this thread has grown to this size is NOT due to Binkster.
but whatever, it's only the internet:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

whether that is true or not should not be basis for denying a customer a product.

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone

Look familiar?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Do you think that with this that Justin might just in the slightest bit handle the next guy like me alittle more respectfully just to avoid this stuff? If he does than my job is complete. Until than???????

Aww. You're a martyr!

Thanks, dude. We all appreciate your efforts!

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Wow someone understands the realities of life. Thanks man. I thought this was the point.

No problem. The comments that have been made about "customer service" are so puerile.

FACT:
If you win an argument with a customer, chances are, you going to lose that customer.

FACT:
You are giving PD money but they are saying that your money is no good.

Are we the only ones who see a problem here?

Everyone on this website wants to be a skygod. I read a reply from a 23 jump wonder who was trying to add his 2 cents to this thread. Rediculous.

These people have no right to arbiter a decision based on a few cheesy references. That is why I believe so strongly in the "general waiver of liablity".

A typical S&TA who has been partying a little hard the night before is not going to be clear headed at 6 in the morning. Somethimes references are given to assuage the matter, so the S&TA can get back to his drunken slumber.

These people have no right to arbiter a decision based on a few cheesy references.

What part of "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" don't you understand? It is ENTIRELY their right to refuse if they feel it warranted.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I read a reply from a 23 jump wonder who was trying to add his 2 cents to this thread. Rediculous.

How is that rediculous? Last I checked, this is regarding business sense/ethics, not jump numbers. Are you just looking to discredit someone who has a very valid comment?

These people have no right to arbiter a decision based on a few cheesy references. That is why I believe so strongly in the "general waiver of liablity".

I don't disagree with you there. It would be GREAT if PD could send off any canopy to any person without worrying about the consequences. But the legal system in the US doesn't work that way. They absolutely DO have to worry, both to protect their customers and ultimately cover their ass.

And of course the implications go way beyond what might happen to PD. Do you understand what all the low turn fatalities mean to the sport and those involved in the sport? PD is doing US, all skydivers, a HUGE favor by not just sending out any canopy to any jumper. Preventing injuries/fatalities benefits ALL of us.

I don't care how fast YOU want to go. If/when you and all those other jumpers like you get killed under good canopies, it affects ME. Especially if it happens at the DZ I jump at.

Dropzones HAVE closed due to fatalities. Manufacturers HAVE gone out of business because of fatalities. PD's policy helps prevent that from happening.

Dave

FACT:
You are giving PD money but they are saying that your money is no good.

When did that happen?

Everyone on this website wants to be a skygod. I read a reply from a 23 jump wonder who was trying to add his 2 cents to this thread. Rediculous.

and I see you see yourself as a skygod with 400ish jumps.

A typical S&TA who has been partying a little hard the night before is not going to be clear headed at 6 in the morning.

OMG, did you read anything correctly? binkster is not a S&TA, nor did it state that PD contacted an S&TA at 6:00 a.m,
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I agree with Judy - it is impossible to lick your elbow.

Unless you can remove either your tongue or elbow. Or seriously mess up your shoulder joint.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I read a reply from a 23 jump wonder who was trying to add his 2 cents to this thread. Rediculous.

I'm not sure if I'm the person you're talking about here, but that comment is almost as rediculous as judging somones ability to understand a customer service situation based on the number of jumps they have.

If you have a problem with something I say regarding skydiving because I have 26 jumps, feel free to let me know (I don't give advice on such things, as it is not my place to do so because I don't have the experience.)

If you have a problem with something I say about a non-skydiving related situation (a customer service one in this case) based on my jump #'s, unnecessary comment deleted by slotperfect

Listen Mr. Bill Removed Because of Weirdos. This isn't Talkback, how about we keep this discussion away from licking elbows and get back to the point of using online forums for one sided slandering for when you act like a child a therefore get treated like a child.

By the way, did you know that applying ice cream is a great way to eliminate dry skin on your elbow?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

how come after checking my credentials I was approved but called at 6 in the morning to be yelled at by justin. Any one know if you call a skydiver at 6 in the morning what kind of attitude youll proplably get especially if your calling to bitch at him at 6 am. So I was approved by my S&ta and my canopy coaches and DZO but he didnt like the way i talked at 6 am so he denied me. Very unprofessional. So on and on this goes.

> did you not get the part where my dz owner and s&ta and canopy
>coaches said i was approved.

I read that. You could get President Bush to approve your canopy choice; if a canopy manufacturer has doubts about your abilities, I have no problem at all with them not sending you one right away. I would do the same if I had doubts.