binkster

Performance Designs Bad Attitude

>Justin denied me on the basis of my attitude.

Heck, I'd do exactly the same thing. I've grounded people because of their atttitude. It was going to lead to a serious injury or fatality, and I didn't want it to happen at my DZ. Perhaps Justin didn't want it to happen with a PD canopy. I am glad there are people like him who still care enough to do the right thing, even if they get called names and get slandered in public when they do it.

i was the result of justins bad morning i guess and look what happened. I was approved by my s&ta dz owner and canopy coaches he called at 6 am and was rude so I told him he was wrong for callin at 6 and tryin to argue with a potential customer so this is the result

Inappropriate comment removed by slotperfect

Binkster...take a step back and re-read this thread and all you posted. You bash a company with no credible proof. Then you come back and state that you got approval but that Justin called you at 6am and you didn't like the call so you hung up on him.

Bashing a company online with no proof to back up your claims - very tacky. You've given no proof that your claim is valid and just sound like a pouting child that didn't get your way so you went to someone who would give you your way. Classic example would be trying to play one parent off another parent (i.e. one company off another).

What you've said and stated is enough for people to be concerned that you're trying to downsize too quickly for your skillset. True jump numbers mean diddly squat and that you're an adult...yadda yadda yadda. However, the reality is that you only have 400'ish landings. That isn't squat in a sport that can kill you on landing with a perfectly good canopy over your head - just because you wanted what you wanted.

And the people that are older and wiser are trying to give you information and point out things that will keep you alive and in this sport for a long, long time. Would you rather be an old skydiver or a bold skydiver? There are very few bold skydivers that don't have metal in them (and have since become wiser and mellowed out) or aren't dead.

You have obviously made up your mind with your canopy choice and downsizing. I just hope that you don't pay the ultimate price for it.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

You are clueless to what is goin on not worth anymore replies.

I think I know what is going on.

It sounds like you were being a dick to PD and eventually denied a canopy that you felt you needed.

You didn't get what you wanted so you started mentioning dz.com and yelling "I'm gonna tell" like a child.

Then, instead of working it out with them, you came on here to bash them, knowing it would do you no good.

I told him he was very unprofessional and was gonna put this on dropzone and he laughed so here it is. He kept telling me of his untarnished reputation.

Just in case there's any confusion: His reputation remains in much better shape than yours.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

You keep bringing up the 6 am thing. You live in WA, 3 hours behind FL. He called from FL at 9 am, a normal working hour. I'm guessing that it was just an oversight that he didn't know or remember the time difference when he called.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

obviously you dont know. I have several other companies that are on my side.

Cool! let them sponsor you and take over the swooping tours. I would quit posting right now and start working on that.

Do you think that with this that Justin might just in the slightest bit handle the next guy like me alittle more respectfully just to avoid this stuff?

After reading this thread, even if he was "unprofessional" towards you I can maybe see why. Reminds me of my 5 year old brother..."If I don't get my way, I'm going to bash you on dz.com" [:/]

Good observations.
Shannon (as well as the other guys on the PD team) have years of experience behind them along with an incredible amount of knowledge flying canopies.

Anyhow.
Binkster, I am truly sorry that you feel we gave you the runaround. It shouldn't happen, and we do try our best to treat our customers with the respect they deserve. At times we fall short of our goals, but we will keep on trying to provide the best service possible, along with the best products we can design and produce.
Should you decide to give us another chance and try a Katana, the demo will be on the house. I might even be talked into buying you a jump so you can take it for a spin :)
I would like to thank you all for your input to this thread. A lot of it has been very positive and we take that as an indicator that we are on the right track. There is always room for improvement though. We count on you guys - the people out there using our products and services - to let us know where we can do better.

That said - I think it's time to put this thread to rest. Put down they keyboards, get off dropzone.com and step away from the computer for a little bit - go out there and have a great weekend jumping and flying canopies!!

Blue Skies - stay safe!!

Kolla Kolbeinsdottir,
Performance Designs, Inc

Now THAT'S how a pro handles things. Bravo.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience .... but I cann't understand what you want to achieve with your posts here.
PD have clearly made their decision and are unlikely to change their minds based upon your attacks.
Maybe, just maybe it's time to take it on the chin and back off & look else where for your next canopy.
As someone else said earlier, a loaner is not a right but PDs property and they can do with iit as they see fit.
Bottom line? Get over it.
Regards

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

obviously you dont know.

I think it's pretty obvious who doesn't know what here.

I have several other companies that are on my side

Buy their products then.

Do you think that with this that Justin might just in the slightest bit handle the next guy like me alittle more respectfully just to avoid this stuff?

Doesn't sound like he treated you disrespectfully. Regardless, judging by your responses here it's hard to believe you didn't do your best to provoke him.

You sure do love burning bridges. Just don't get stuck in the middle of the island all on your own.

Think about it....what manufacturer would want to associate themselves (publically at least) with attitudes like yours?

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

they called my s&ta and dz owner and canopy coaches and they all gave me approval Justin denied me on the basis of my attitude. Very wrong.

Is the they that I've highlighted the same people?

They, as in PD, called the S&TA and DZ Owner, are they the ones who gave you approval

Or is the they that gave you approval people from PD?

If the they is the S&TA, etc that gave you approval, I don't think it's up to them who demos a canopy from PD, I think it's up to PD who can demo their canopies.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

First off i'm not picking sides here i just wanted to fuel more thought.

I am kind of wondering how many of you have put your self in binksters shoes? i mean would like to be woken up at 6am and have someone yell at you after being told you'll get the demo canopy in such and such time frame? Personally i wouldn't like it and if it is true that is definetly unprofessional. also, someone said that he's not providing evidence of any of this, but i'm also not seeing any evidence against his claims as well (maybe i missed a post on here, correct me if i'm wrong)
i to have had plenty of phone calls and dealings with PD, which have all been great and i think PD is one of the best customer service oriented companies out there right now, and all calls have been good times for me (ie not 6am or even 8am pacific time), so my question here is why did they call at 6am on this occassion? Maybe they did it on purpose (doubtful but it's just food for thought).

again, i'm not taking sides but i am trying to see all sides of the issue and i think a lot of us on here haven't done that.

This keeps getting funnier and funnier. I am glad he posted though because I know several people who will make sure he doesn't ever become one of their customers or sponsored team members.

This attitude is exactly why Herb Kelleher, retired CEO of Southwest Airlines one of the only remaining profitable airlines, states that at Southwest the customer is not always right! Sometimes it is the employee and they must be backed up when they are right.

I still say sour grapes dude. You've got 'em and they taste bad, but you keep eating them. Spit them out and move on while you still have options.

Blue skies,

Jim

i mean would like to be woken up at 6am and have someone yell at you after being told you'll get .....

Something tells me he wasn't yelled at in the least....

Me too. Only the two parties involved know what really happened.

One came on here and started bitching about a very respected company, and openly insulted people that work for it. :S

The other offered a free demo with an apology for any problems they may have had.:)
I know who I believe.:|

You keep bringing up the 6 am thing. You live in WA, 3 hours behind FL. He called from FL at 9 am, a normal working hour. I'm guessing that it was just an oversight that he didn't know or remember the time difference when he called.

I would expect a marketing guy to be relatively in tune with the time zone issue. Mistakes can happen, but I usually know better than to wait till 3 to call people on the East Coast.

That said, I deal with 6am (or 9am!) calls by not answering. There is no phone anywhere near where I sleep. And all calls to my home line get screened. Calls to my cell with visible caller ID are likely to get answered.

Binkster, frequent content free postings here weaken your case, not strengthen it. Saying you're not slamming PD when you clearly are also weakens it. As someone else alluded, the longer you beat this dead horse, the sillier you look. Time to cutaway.

Whether you were personally attacked or not at 6 in the morning do you really want to make such a negative reputation for yourself in such a small community. I've heard of many people who have been deemed unwelcome at their home DZ and travel to another DZ to find they are unwelcome there too because word travelled. Swallow your pride and get on with your life.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower