RkyMtnHigh

200th jump

Mine is fast approaching...did you do anything special? or it is "just another jump" til #1000?

I enjoy milestones such as finishing AFF; my A license; my B license for beach jumps/balloon and helicopter jumps; now I approach my C license and the ability to "coach" and jump in more tight and challenging landing areas.

When I did my 200th, you could get your "D" license. It was a little more exciting. They also used to print "Master" diagonally across the license.

I remember looking at it and thinking, "Master? What the f- are they talking about? I don't know jack." :D

Go out with some friends and discuss how the sport has changed for you. :)

Ever talk to non-jumpers and they say, "200 jumps???".

Face it lady, you're one of the big people now. By this time next year, you'll be a safety nazi. :D

When we were in LW about a month ago, some people asked James how many jumps he has. "1000???" We told them that he was the captain of our team and he could answer any of their questions. :D He stood there embarrassed and talked to them while we were registering. :ph34r:

(We did put his name down on the sheet as team captain. He's the only respectable one. ) :)
I'm telling ya, after a day of jumping, you should have a dinner with 3 or 4 jumpers and talk about it. You'd be surprised how your perspective has changed. :)

Mine is fast approaching...did you do anything special? or it is "just another jump" til #1000?

My 100th was a biggish event ... blah blah blah ...

My 200th was a fun 2-way freefly (Dave B), but not special.

My 300th was a fun 2-way freefly (Someonesneaky), but not special.

My 400th was ... I can't remember.

My 500th was anticlimatic thanks to my 1st reserve ride on jump 498 trying to do 500 on the sunset load.

My 600th was a fun 2-way freefly (Matt H).

My 700th was a fun 3-way freefly (Jim H/John H)

My 800th was likely a hop n' pop.

My 900th was the 1st jump under a cross-braced canopy.

My 1000th is likely to happen not this week, but next week. It may even happen on a Wednesday/Thursday training jump. So it may not be "the big hype" jump.

Oh but don't forget to celibrate your 666th Devil jump. I took a wingsuit out of a hot air balloon at 5400 feet and pulled at 2500 feet and got a 30 second delay above Longmont CO. To date it is the most incredible jump I've made in my life (not even my Moab BASE jumps were as good). So do something devilish for your 666th.

Got to go, I'm late late for volleyball making this post, but I'm still writi........ :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Ever talk to non-jumpers and they say, "200 jumps???".

Face it lady, you're one of the big people now. By this time next year, you'll be a safety nazi. :D

When we were in LW about a month ago, some people asked James how many jumps he has. "1000???" We told them that he was the captain of our team and he could answer any of their questions. :D He stood there embarrassed and talked to them while we were registering. :ph34r:

(We did put his name down on the sheet as team captain. He's the only respectable one. ) :)
I'm telling ya, after a day of jumping, you should have a dinner with 3 or 4 jumpers and talk about it. You'd be surprised how your perspective has changed. :)

James? "Captain":D.."the only respectable one?"...that's even MORE FUNNY!:ph34r:

Very true how whuffos think 200 is a lot..but for them just ONCE is a lot:D

I've done all of my milestone jumps on Holidays (A license on Memorial Day, B on July 4th, 100th on Labor Day) so perhaps I'll save #200 for Memorial Day.

Very true how whuffos think 200 is a lot..but for them just ONCE is a lot

200 a lot... most of my whuffo Friends seem to be awestruck with my measly 96 jumps...

I always say "I only have XXX jumps..."

I'll probably always say that too... they don't understand that 1000, 2000 jumps is nothing in this sport...

now someone with 10,000 jumps is someone to listen to...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Very true how whuffos think 200 is a lot..but for them just ONCE is a lot

200 a lot... most of my whuffo Friends seem to be awestruck with my measly 96 jumps...

I always say "I only have XXX jumps..."

I'll probably always say that too... they don't understand that 1000, 2000 jumps is nothing in this sport...

now someone with 10,000 jumps is someone to listen to...

Agreed..once one gets to 10,000...they have earned much respect. Gus had 14,000 if I recall.

My 200th was really special to me cos it happened at Perris, far away from the kind of jumping that i'm used to here in South Africa.

I squeezed in 9 jumps that day so the 10th could be my 200th along with a friend of mine. The jump didn't go as planned but it was cool when we got pied and pooled afterward.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Agreed..once one gets to 10,000...they have earned much respect. Gus had 14,000 if I recall.

Scotty Carbone... 12,000+ jumps

I get the same awe when I say 200 jumps, but then I tell them about Don Kellner and 35,000+
__

My mighty steed

i'm ride behind you with the hurddle of 200 jumps. I'm thinking it will be one of the first or last jumps memorial weekend.. probably be an new inflatable jump @ SGC. otherwise it will just be one that gets lost like my 1000th post ;)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Not that it's all that important, but I just realized that my 900th jump when I jump my Velo for the first time was actually my 835th skydive. I just added my 65 BASE jumps to make 900 (I've done 135 or so jumps on my Velo already). My brain wasn't working all that well last night. But in the big picture it just doesn't matter. It's just a jump that I survived and had fun on.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Back in the late 70's we used to pass a bottle of champaigne in freefall on every 100 jumps. The celebrant had to chase the bottle holder. Then we opened it under canopy. What a mess. You had about a third of the bottle left after it got through spewing all over you. Now this was at a little known dz in lower Michigan where we got away with a lot even for back then. Admittedly it only went on for one summer.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

I did a zoo of a 6-way sitfly with at least two vertical collisions (they were soft, but still). Try to keep yours a little less stupid than that. :|

I also got pied...

Matt...can't decide "where" to go in Florida for my 200th either..perhaps I'll come back to Deland. Miss you all.:)

If you convert 200 decimal to hex, (0xC8), or octal, (0310), it doesn't really seem all that special.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My 100th was a biggish event ... blah blah blah ...

My 200th was a fun 2-way freefly (Dave B), but not special.

My 300th was a fun 2-way freefly (Someonesneaky), but not special.

My 400th was ... I can't remember.

My 500th was anticlimatic thanks to my 1st reserve ride on jump 498 trying to do 500 on the sunset load.

My 600th was a fun 2-way freefly (Matt H).

My 700th was a fun 3-way freefly (Jim H/John H)

My 800th was likely a hop n' pop.

LOL, my 200th was Saturday and I don't remember what the hell I did.