Rhonda66

Who has the most jumps?

Yeah, those two guys have 30,000+ jumps each, SUPPOSEDLY. I've heard that some people who see them on the ground all the time doubt that. I DO know that Jim Wallace is #3 in overall jumps, he has 17,000+ at the moment, and whenever he isn't working (i.e. tandems, AFF, demo jumps, etc.) he is doing fun jumps!
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

Those two guys have 30,000+ jumps each, SUPPOSEDLY.

I'm pretty sure Bill really does have that many jumps.
He owns a DZ, runs back to back Otter loads all weekend, and is pretty much on every load. I actually counted his jumps one weekend at 43, and that was just kind of an average weekend. I think the last time he left the DZ was in the early 90's (the story I heard was that Cathy made him take a vacation--and he hated being away so much that he swore never to do it again). When he says he's there "every day", he really means every day.
I've never seen someone with that much jumping energy, for that long, who has that much capability to do the jumps.
I suppose he supposedly does.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

He owns a DZ, runs back to back Otter loads all weekend, and is pretty much on every load.

I used to jump at Pope Valley back in the seventies, and I'm sure that he was on every DC-3 load back then too. Rumor has it that Bill Dause was over six feet tall before he started skydiving!

Just to chime my two cents in...

I do believe that Bill Dause has the jumps that people think he has. I spent 2 years jumping every weekend and then some at his DZ, and he is on just about every load that he can get on. And Tom speaks the truth -- he has not spent a day away from that DZ in years on end. It's not uncommon for him to make 40 to 50 jumps per week.

And I'm unsure if Jim Wallace holds the #3 slot with 17,000+ jumps. I know several jumpers in the 18,000 range...with Craig Girard being one of them.

Just food for thought...

Bryan

And I'm unsure if Jim Wallace holds the #3 slot with 17,000+ jumps. I know several jumpers in the 18,000 range...with Craig Girard being one of them.

I know that Jim was the first to reach 17,000 jumps a few months ago, according to USPA, it was in Parachutist. (We are talking in the U.S.) I know he has people close on his heels, but I don't really think it's a race....
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

keskeie: ...Jim was the first to reach 17,000 jumps a few months ago, according to USPA, it was in Parachutist. (We are talking in the U.S.)

Although Lodi, California is in the U.S., the dropzone that Bill owns there is most definitely not in the USPA. I wonder if this has something to do with Parachutist's oversight?
Edit to add: I have something of a special place in my heart for Bill. He was the first skydiver I ever met, the first (static line) instructor I ever had, and the first DZO to throw me off his drop zone. Damn Rockhoppers! We don't BASE jump, we skydive!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The current Guiness World Record holder is Don Kellner, who has well over 33,000 jumps to date. He is a DZO at Above the Poconos Skydivers, in Hazleton, Pa. A cool DZ.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."