ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

I DONT CARE WHAT THEY DO I WENT ON MY FIRST
SKYDIVE APRIL 19,2002 I WAS TOLD IT WAS ABOUT 20 MIN. AWAY AFTER 2 HOUR GO BY I FOUND ASC FINALLY. I WAS THERE AT 9 AM I DID
MY JUMP AT 7:30 pm i jumped i payed $225.00
an $90.00 for video and $10.00 to go to 14000 FT
I LANDED I GOT UP WENT THROUGH THE PACKING AREA WENT OUT THE DOOR AND PUKED. AND TODAY SEPT, 27 .2005 THEY CALL ME SUNMAN PRESIDENT OF TEAM ONE SKYDIVING SO SO ASC ISNT THAT BAD BECAUSE IF YOU KNOW ME OR MY TEAM WE ARE SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE YOULL EVER MEET AND
ITS THAT WAY BECAUSE OF ASC LET US GROW THERE SO QUIT TRIPPING SO HARD WE LOVE EVERYONE AND WE ARE SKYDIVERS

I WAS TOLD IT WAS ABOUT 20 MIN. AWAY AFTER 2 HOUR GO BY I FOUND ASC FINALLY

So you are saying they Lied to you..

i payed $225.00

And over charged you for your Jump.

$90.00 for video

Over Charged you for your video.

$10.00 to go to 14000 FT

And then Scammed you out of even More Money..

PRESIDENT OF TEAM ONE SKYDIVING SO SO ASC ISNT THAT BAD BECAUSE IF YOU KNOW ME OR MY TEAM WE ARE SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE YOULL EVER MEET

Now on this I do agree with you. ASC does have some Fantastic Jumpers there. They do have Good Staff. There are Many people on the "Other side of the Road" that I really like and a couple I consider Friends.

But the things that people are complaining about here are the Fraudulent Business practices such as telling people they are 20 minutes away when in fact they are 2 Hours away.. And Charging Hidden Fees such as the "Extra Altitude Fees and Big Plane Fees.", Using peoples Websites and Photos without permission and Stealing 1-800 numbers from a great mans family after he died. These things are not acceptable not matter how cool the DZ is. These are the things that many people have a problem with.

WE LOVE EVERYONE AND WE ARE SKYDIVERS

Again.. I agree.
Some of the Jumpers I Know from over there tell me they will not go anywhere else because when ever they do and people find out they Jump at ASC they get sooo much shit it just isnt worth it. SO they stay at ASC where they feel welcome.

Everyone reading this.. If someone from any of Ben and Cary`s DZ shows up at your DZ.. PLEASE welcome them with Open Arms and show them that we are all skydivers. Show them that there doesnt have to be all this Bullshit.

If you just start attacking them for supporting Skyride.. You are just running them back to where they dont have to listen to all that.

LOL, DZ's are a cult:o. "I got screwed by the best DZ in the world, it is great!" It's like brainwashing.

Derek

I can see a T-shirt coming in the near future....:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Overcharged? Our regular prices in the Northeast are $225 and $90. This isn't in defense of skyride, but we get these prices every day and not once did I ever think we were overchargins anyone. Is it that much cheaper to jump in Georgia? What is the usual rate down there?

That expensive even by California pricing. $199 is typical for the DZ's normal altitude, be it 12.5, 13, or 15k. 18k runs $239 for those that offer it. 9-10k runs $150ish. Lodi is $100 (for 13k).

90 for video+stills isn't unusual. Ranges all over the place and the average might be a tad under.

WHO CARES GET BETTER MARKETING CRY ALL U WANT

I guess I get to be the first to label this one a Troll.

I will agree that DZOs could learn a thing or two about marketing by looking at what Skyride does. As for my area, I've made sure that whenever one of my potential customers sees a Skyride advertisement, they also see one for my DZ.

From what I know, Skyride does virtually no business in Kansas, but it's not because they don't try.

Now, go away Troll!
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Marketing???

Big difference between FRAUD and Marketing. See telling people you are located somewhere else is FRAUD.

telling people that you are only 20 Minutes away when in fact you are Several Hours away is Fraud. Of course once the Victim.. I mean customers finds this out.. They already have the NON-Refundable deposit.

Calling AT&T and pretending to be a DEAD DZO so that you can Steal his 1-800 Number is not Marketing..
Using People’s Pictures and Web Sites without their permission is not Marketing..

Example of a Skyride Call:
Victim: Is this Skydive Nebraska?
Skyride: Yes. Want to schedule a Tandem Skydive.
Victim: Sure. Where are you located?
Skyride: We dont give the location until we have a reservation.
Victim: OK. I want make a reservation at Skydive Nebraska.
Skyride: OK. Gimme your CC Number for your Non-refundable deposit.
Victim: OK.. Here it is.. 123-123-123444
Skyride: OK. The nearest Dropzone to you is in Kentucky.
Victim: WHAT??? NO way. Forget that!! I thought this was Skydive Nebraska.
Skyride: Im sorry sir.. Your deposit is non-refundable. Have a nice day.

WHO CARES GET BETTER MARKETING CRY ALL U WANT

1 post, no info in profile. Fill it in and we might take you seriously.

He's probably a Ben and Cary stooge or pen name for one of them. Not worth getting into a huff over...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban