ChasingBlueSky

What can we do about Skyride?

Well, they said they're cheaper in "many" areas, and they'll probably be able to find one or two dropzones in the country that charges more for tandems than they do.

Perhaps, but there are far more counterexamples, and their statement suggested that they had lower prices because they had devised a more modern method, and the old guard responded by shutting them down. It's a pretty dishonest statement, along with the claims of representing physical DZs through the use of their fictional DZ sites.

The meat of the suit is really in how the USPA handled the expulsion procedure. They'll (Skyride/etc) get killed in every other facet.

It would seem that the USPA will now have to bring up the reason for their decision to revoke the Group Memberships. Perhaps they can also request some form of injunctive relief as well in their counter-claims.

This could back fire on ASC/Skyride big time. A judge wil now be presented with evidence of the illegal marking tactics used by ASC/Skyride.

I posted THIS some time ago which shows that many of the Practices that ASC/Skyride uses are clearly Illegal under Georgia Law.

>>chriswelker, Makethappen, diablopilot, and hooknswoop, FYI, you are mentioned on their countercomplaint.<<

Cary Quattrochi is a liar and a crook.

Please, please, sue me too!

I'd rather hang with friends than swim with thieves.

NickD :)BASE 194

chriswelker, Makethappen, diablopilot, and hooknswoop, FYI, you are mentioned on their countercomplaint.

Now that suprises me. Hmmm.... never met or talked to anyone involved with SkyRide directly...... hmmmmm....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

chriswelker, Makethappen, diablopilot, and hooknswoop, FYI, you are mentioned on their countercomplaint.

Now that suprises me. Hmmm.... next met or talked to anyone involved with SkyRide directly...... hmmmmm....

that is why it doesnt surprise me.

They aren't sueing us, they just quoted us in their lawsuit. I'm not sure why, except to make more work for the defendant.

They quoted a couple of you to support the contention that Skyride was being picked on. In a couple cases, the lack of context was pretty bad. In others, it appeared they were trying to prove some sort of conspiracy.

Okay, I'm glad I read it wrong, or it would have been the end of the internet.

The problem as I see it is "we" know Skyride takes advantage of students being naive, but car salesmen do the same thing to people who don't buy a new car everyday. "We" consider students as sacred and "We" don’t mess with them, but convincing a judge or jury it's anything but buyer beware might be tough.

Hyperbole in advertising is nothing new. Just look in any PARACHUTIST Magazine and you'll see gear touted as the "Best," and the "Fastest." Boogies are the "Ultimate!" And one AAD calls itself, "The World's Best!" Even USPA's own back cover advert says, "Skydivers Speak with One Voice!" It's all a bunch of hokum!

And truth is the first casualty in a courtroom . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Interesting points. THe suit, alas, will not get laughed out of the courtroom. The Georgia attorneys are slick and good at taking facts and spinning them to fit into the elements of the causes of action they assert. Reading this complaint makes the USPA and ohers look like some bad dudes.

There's a pretty simple rule that I've learned in this - one party says one thing, the other side says another thing. The truth almost inevitably lies somewhere in between. It doesn't have to be too far on one side or another, but it does.

This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The problem as I see it is "we" know Skyride takes advantage of students being naive, but car salesmen do the same thing to people who don't buy a new car everyday. "We" consider students as sacred and "We" don’t mess with them, but convincing a judge or jury it's anything but buyer beware might be tough.

But funny enough, Skyride asserts in their complaint that they tried to make it safer for consumers, and got attacked by the industry for it. But the allegations of the SDA suit will indicate the opposite.

But I really think all that stuff is going to be pushed aside for the big questions - Does the USPA represent a monopoly (doubtful), Did a southwest director and competing DZ owner abuse his position (unlikely?), was the expulsion of ASC as a group member done inproperly (most of us though due process was too slow, but it's about the by-laws there).

The raiding of ASC for its employees is an interesting section, but I don't see chutestar testifying that he was coerced to leave.

Would also be interesting to see how the 7-10M in damages was determined.

Interesting points. THe suit, alas, will not get laughed out of the courtroom. The Georgia attorneys are slick and good at taking facts and spinning them to fit into the elements of the causes of action they assert. Reading this complaint makes the USPA and ohers look like some bad dudes.

There's a pretty simple rule that I've learned in this - one party says one thing, the other side says another thing. The truth almost inevitably lies somewhere in between. It doesn't have to be too far on one side or another, but it does.

This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

it doesnt matter, "quote this cary!!!!"

"I'm USPA and I do not want you in MY org.!!!!"

want me to tell that to a judge cary? QUOTE ME!!!!

ohh, and P.S.
USPA!!! I want all the judgmental peeps out also!!!!:|

It's interesting that there are several things in the ASC complaint that are drawn from this thread, showing "evidence" that the skydiving community is conspiring against ASC to maintain some kind of "monopoly."

I just don't see it. We are consumers. We have the right to choose to whom we give our business. Specifically, to not give our business to an organization who uses these kind of business practices. We do also have the right to share our experinces and opinions with other consumers. The 1st Ammendment is still in effect, isn't it?

We have all operated as individuals so there is no conspiracy.

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

Now that suprises me. Hmmm.... never met or talked to anyone involved with SkyRide directly...... hmmmmm....

You have always defended them in this thread. They are using you for their benefit because you keep/kept defending them.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

You continue to be narrow sighted and only see what you wish.

I've defended no individual, and have encouraged those wronged to pursue compensation for their wrongs. I've supported the idea that people should attack the wrongs, not their own jealousy of success.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Good-day all.

I’m new to this board, and I work for 1800SkyRide.

I noticed on the board, someone referencing a recent 1800SkyRide/Travelocity press release and wanting to know who Jeff Golden was.

Well, that would be me.

I am Jeff Golden, and I wrote the press release. In order to operate in a professional manner, I forwarded the press release to Travelocity for their approval. After obtaining their approval, I then submitted the press release.

1800SkyRide believes our burgeoning relationship with Travelocity will help usher new people into the sport of skydiving. And building a strong future for the sport is one of our primary objectives.

We have also invested in national ad campaigns like the Sky Mall ad mentioned on this board. We believe our national campaigns will also direct new people into the skydiving world, thus strengthening the sport.

One of our goals is to direct new people from untapped markets into the skydiving world. And, in order to realize this goal, we will continue developing more national relationships and launching new national campaigns in the future.

Many of the complaints residing in this board’s messages seem to have been resolved by 1800Skyride prior to my joining the company. And, in a good faith effort, the company seems to be working with its vendors to address any remaining issues needing attention.

I think several of the posts on this board center around Ben and Cary, whom I have met a few times, but who are not actively involved with 1800SkyRide’s day-to-day operations on a regular basis. Several other people around here provide more active day-to-day guidance. It seems there are personal vendettas targeted at Ben and Cary, which are also affecting 1800SkyRide’s image.

Based on my observations, I don’t think this crusade against 1800SkyRide is justified.

There are plenty of people who work here – people like you and me. These people have families, children, good times, and bad times. Like people everywhere these days, many of the 1800SkyRide employees have personal and money challenges in their lives. They are thankful when things go right, and they hurt when things do not go as expected.

In short, they are just real people working for a real company in a real world.

Again, these are just my personal observations. I see there are some on this board who seem to passionately believe the items posted here are true. I would like to provide my first-hand input so you don’t have to rely on second-hand information.

1800SkyRide’s leadership is committed to helping the skydiving industry continue to grow, committed to the continuing success of the company, and committed to the well being of all the employees who work hard and long to find new ways to promote the adventure sports industry.

Listen, I am just an individual working for a company.

I have tried to honestly communicate my opinion of the company. I am not writing this to attempt to engage in the heated personal debates of this message board thread. I just wanted to provide this forum with my viewpoint. I am a source that can communicate first-hand observations.

I have had the pleasure of speaking to several of our vendors from the skydiving community. Some of these vendors have expressed their belief that many 1800SkyRide supporters are intimidated by the heated postings on this board; therefore, many of our supporters do not post here. These supporters neglect to make positive statements about 1800SkyRide on such a board as this. They hesitate to praise their healthy partnerships with 1800SkyRide because they do not want to put themselves in the position of being criticized by people posting here.

If you have an honest concern about 1800SkyRide that you would like to discuss personally with me, I will be happy to entertain your concerns. I don’t pretend to have all the answers; however, I am in a position to ascertain the truth about things here. So, please send me any valid concerns you have about 1800SkyRide.

Feel free to private message me here.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
Jeff Golden

According to the video clip that I linked in my last post and to which you responded, no one from SkyRide management had returned the call of the reporter after he pointed out that the location he was referred to would not accept SkyRide certificates.

Has anyone returned his call as of yet? I ask this question because of the numerous BBB reports (links can be found in this thread to the reports) that indicate no response form SkyRide when problems are brought to their attention. I just want to know if in the course of changing the direction of SkyRide answering complaints will part of the solution.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Based on my observations, I don’t think this crusade against 1800SkyRide is justified.

There are plenty of people who work here – people like you and me. These people have families, children, good times, and bad times. Like people everywhere these days, many of the 1800SkyRide employees have personal and money challenges in their lives. They are thankful when things go right, and they hurt when things do not go as expected.

In short, they are just real people working for a real company in a real world.

But you're not exactly a real company in a real world. You're a network of hundreds of fictional drop zones with a relationship to a few dozen physical DZs.

And it's also true that there have been real people, including a widow, victimized by the actions of your company. Most of our sympathies lie with them, not with you.

For the record, which practices do you believe are 'in the past?'

You can also start by explaining why you're ripping off other people's website designs and their copyrighted photographs.

You advertise planes that aren't available at DZ's that don't exist.

Your websites list people that aren't even employed by your "DZ's".

Ben & Cary may not be involved with the day to day operations (I'm not buying this one), but doesn't their corporation own it?

Taking Chris Martin's phone number after his death... I can't wait to hear the explanation on this one.

I look forward to your responses.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Does anyone really think he's ever going to post again? Come on!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)