Shadowplay

Perfectly Good Airplane Crap

Can someone give me a great line to throw back to the Whuffos that start with the "why would you want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" bs everytime I bring up jumping? I've heard the one about "the door was open" but are there any other great ones that I can use instead of throttling the little people that spew this junk??

Oh and I did my first solo today and it was awesome....

Reply to them with: "Why wouldn't you jump out of a perfectly good airplane"

or: "Because I want to live before I die"

or: "'Cause it's fun, you wanna come with me next weekend?"

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

I don't even bother. Most whuffos that use that one liner are just falling back on a cop-out that sounds good to them, even a bit clever to them. It allows them to stay safely within their comfort zone.

Skydiving is not for everybody, but that line is not for anybody. >:(
Arrive Safely

John

IIRC here in the UK skydiving planes are maintained under cargo rules not passenger rules - that usually explains to people why I don't want to land in it - explaining the comfort of landing on a grass runway! :P

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

... well i had to do SOMETHING with the five grand worth of Nylon strapped to my back

... I forgot something at the airport and the pilot wouldn't turn around

... I'm looking for a flaw in the Law of gravity

... I enjoy teasing _____ (insert your favorite religious icon here if it doesn't offend - careful)

... What else would I do with an anti gravity suit

... 9 out of 10 voices in my head told me to!

... My shrink suggested a very radical group therapy plan and this was it

... What do you mean Jump? (draw them into a discussion, see what they know)

... why does a dog stick its head out of the car window?

... because I know why birds sing and you don't.

... I'm trying Leonardo DaVinci' s inventions one at a time and I'm up to the P's

Have fun, spread the love and the word. We were all whuffos once and you just never know what will make the difference.

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

"Because it makes me happy", I say, and I show them a picture of me - huge grin, the kind you don't see on the ground...the incredible blue sky, the kind you can't see from the ground, and the fact that there is nothing else around me...just blue....

And then ask them have they ever seen me happier?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Can someone give me a great line to throw back to the Whuffos that start with the "why would you want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" bs everytime I bring up jumping?

How about "I was looking for someone who has had an original thought. Clearly there arent any around here."

You know what I've found, I really don't bother telling non-jumpers that I skydive anymore. I stopped after the first few of jumping, its too much work to explain why especially when they wont understand.

I like "I had to go to the bathroom really bad, and it was the fastest way down"

After chili night a few weeks ago at the DZ, we were all thanking the higher powers we jumped instead of rode the plane down for just that reason
:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

After extensive research and testing, the National Air Safety Executive concluded that 98% of air transport related fatalities occurred at the moment when the plain returns to the ground. Given this alarming statistic, I concluded that the removal of this event from my journey was the safest option.

(in case anyone buys into that its complete BS)

"Why use one aircraft when iv got 2 parachutes, it makes more sence to jump out with those statistics"

"After youv felt those crazy piolets take off you sure as hell dont want to land with them" no offence to piolets. (Just incase you didnt guess i cant spell to sae my life)

"The only time an aircraft crashes is when it hits the ground, i just take out that part of the equasion"

And the clasic:

"Why not"