fcajump

When was your first reserve ride

I still have my Thunder Bow..

I have been looking for one for ages to buy. Care to sell or know any one that would like to.

as for reserve rides 1 for 1600, knew that the lines were getting badly out of trim. Had the spare line set in the cupboard at home and was 'getting around to it' to put them on. Major line twists on opening followed by a wild ride around the sky for a few seconds before becoming my second save. B|
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

1st. was jump 450-ish, line twists. NO rsl, chopped at 1800, had reserve inflated at 800.

2nd. was jump 737, tention knot, tandem, skyhook, chopped at 3000, had reserve inflated by 2700. The reserve was fouled. Had a stuck toggle on the reserve. Cleared it by 1200, with the help of the passenger.:)

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Similar thread here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2061384#2061384 in which I said:

2 in 700+ jumps.
Jump #57 a hard pull total on a 4-pin ripcord in a military surplus rig. (Gravely dirt in the RC housing)
Jump #108 a big ball-o-shit under a PC. (Probably just my pack job.)
Both were round reserves. Landings were no problem.
No mals under squares yet, although on reflection there was one (hung up brake line) that maybe I should have chopped.

No change yet at 749 jumps.