5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

1. The New York attorney general's office is also looking into how the Trump organization valued its assets.

2. Defamation lawsuits from E. Jean Carroll and Summer Zervos.

3. A fraud lawsuit filed by Trump niece Mary Trump.

4. A possible charge of incitement by the DC attorney general for Trump's role in the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.

5. Two investigations into Trump's attempts to pressure Georgia elected officials to overturn the state's election results.

51 minutes ago, kallend said:

1. The New York attorney general's office is also looking into how the Trump organization valued its assets.

2. Defamation lawsuits from E. Jean Carroll and Summer Zervos.

3. A fraud lawsuit filed by Trump niece Mary Trump.

4. A possible charge of incitement by the DC attorney general for Trump's role in the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.

5. Two investigations into Trump's attempts to pressure Georgia elected officials to overturn the state's election results.

Hi John,

I seem to recall a saying:  Justice may be slow, but it is steady.

Jerry Baumchen

8 hours ago, kallend said:

One sentence decision with no recorded dissents.

Right. I wasted too much time trying to find a tell but nada. Must be that there are limits to partisanship even on the Supreme Court. I reckon Trump is screamin' like a mashed cat tonight. Poor baby.

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

I've been in the Club Fed in Pennsylvania a number of times for work.  It is still a prison and no one wants to be there.

Jerry Baumchen

Oh yes. (or maybe 'oh no').

Prison is prison. 

No control over one's own self. 
Very little dignity.
Lots of noise and commotion.

Its not a pleasant place. That's one of the reasons I'd love to see Trump in one.

I've been in visting rooms in a couple different places (Max & min), and I was always very happy to be able to walk out. 

My comment about Danbury was a play on Michael J Fox's quote from the movie "American President". I did a quick search for a video of the scene, but came up empty.

20 minutes ago, feuergnom said:

So let's see if it was really worth all the hassle and if it will be the bomb that many have waited for and that will make the bubble finally burst 

I predict there won't be a "bomb."  Prosecutors will find some shady dealings, the trial will proceed, Trump supporters will say "but Clinton did it first," Trump will blame his accounting firm and someone there will take the fall.

4 hours ago, billvon said:

I predict there won't be a "bomb."  Prosecutors will find some shady dealings, the trial will proceed, Trump supporters will say "but Clinton did it first," Trump will blame his accounting firm and someone there will take the fall.

You just stop with the negative waves. I have my heart all set on him getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar so I don't want to hear anything else, thank you. Already I'm sulking and now it's worse.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Its time for new moderators who are not so negative.The next thing you'll suggest is that the law of universal gravitation is cancelled.

The Daily Beast has learned that investigators have been asking questions in recent days about Trump’s eldest son as they expand their criminal probe into Trump’s business empire.

Trump has privately fretted that his enemies will be probing or “suing me for the rest of my life,”

Prosecutors just got millions of pages of Trump documents. His taxes are just the beginning. "Vance has enlisted outside experts, including a forensic consulting firm, to help pore over the vast collection of records in search of any improprieties. Vance is pursuing a broad investigation that includes the possible falsifying of business records as well as insurance and tax fraud. "

16 hours ago, billvon said:

I’m pretty sure that any large organisation that is subject to a detailed investigation will be found to have breached some rules. So unless there is something major I don’t think it matters that much.

More interesting is how broke or rich Trump is and I hope that is cleared up

12 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Its time for new moderators who are not so negative.The next thing you'll suggest is that the law of universal gravitation is cancelled.

The Daily Beast has learned that investigators have been asking questions in recent days about Trump’s eldest son as they expand their criminal probe into Trump’s business empire.

Trump has privately fretted that his enemies will be probing or “suing me for the rest of my life,”

Prosecutors just got millions of pages of Trump documents. His taxes are just the beginning. "Vance has enlisted outside experts, including a forensic consulting firm, to help pore over the vast collection of records in search of any improprieties. Vance is pursuing a broad investigation that includes the possible falsifying of business records as well as insurance and tax fraud. "

I really don't want to go there, because the last thing I want to do is cause any problems, but I seem to recall that when we took that red dot in the green box test Bill's came out a bit to the right of some of us. Quite a bit as I now recall. Probably means nothing, I suppose. Just forget about it.

So western democracies can sentence ex-presidents to prison:

Paris (CNN)A French court on Monday sentenced former President Nicolas Sarkozy to three years in prison for corruption and influence peddling, but suspended two years of the sentence.

President from 2007 to 2012, he was found guilty of trying to illegally obtain information from a senior magistrate in 2014 about an ongoing investigation into his campaign finances.

5 hours ago, kallend said:

So western democracies can sentence ex-presidents to prison:

Paris (CNN)A French court on Monday sentenced former President Nicolas Sarkozy to three years in prison for corruption and influence peddling, but suspended two years of the sentence.

President from 2007 to 2012, he was found guilty of trying to illegally obtain information from a senior magistrate in 2014 about an ongoing investigation into his campaign finances.

Well, not really prison. Two years suspended and the other year he can serve at home.