5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

4 hours ago, kallend said:

Stranger than fiction.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics/sidney-powell-dominion-lawsuit-election-fraud/index.html

Sidney Powell argues in new court filing that no reasonable people would believe her election fraud claims.

Technically, that's true.

However, a large percentage of people that support Trump believe all of her stupid claims.

So I guess she's saying that all the people she's conned are idiots?

7 hours ago, kallend said:

Stranger than fiction.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics/sidney-powell-dominion-lawsuit-election-fraud/index.html

Sidney Powell argues in new court filing that no reasonable people would believe her election fraud claims.

Fox News makes pretty much the same argument for their on-air personalities.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

8 hours ago, kallend said:

Stranger than fiction.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Fox News makes pretty much the same argument for their on-air personalities.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

55 minutes ago, olofscience said:

weird thing is, she's claiming that no reasonable people would believe her claims, but at the same time, she herself still believes those claims to be true: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/23/sidney-powell-trump-election-fraud-claims

Nothing strange or unbelievable at all. Mouthpieces for the big lie want to benefit yet avoid liability.  Tucker Carlson is well paid as a mouthpiece for Mr. Murdoch and the GOP.  Mrs. Powell was well paid by trump, his donors and the GOP.

A court is where the rubber will meet the road.

53 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Perfect sense. When a lawyer submits an affidavit to the court they swear that all that is submitted is true.She supplied all of trump's affidavits. Now she is claiming that she should not be believed for what she says.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

"We think you may be mentally ill or cognitively impaired."
"LIES!  ALL LIES!  I will SUE you!"
"Well, you did say that no one in their right mind would believe it."
"Yeah, well, I had to say that to dodge the Dominion lawsuit."
"Did you believe it yourself?"
"Well . . uh . . . yeah, I wasn't lying."
"Are you in your right mind?"
"That's . . . that's . . . that's ANOTHER lawsuit I am filing, for causing me mental distress!"

(Yeah I know they are two separate lawyers but it wouldn't surprise me.)

46 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Fox News sued for $1.6 billion by Dominion Voting Systems for defamation

Looking forward to Fox arguing that "no reasonable person" would mistake their bullshit for news.

Didn't they already use that for a suit against Tucker Carlson?

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

(edited)

Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17

In 2017, Mr. Gaetz was the only member of Congress to vote against a law that gave the federal government more power and money to fight human trafficking.

A rather embarrassing detail at this point.

Edited by ryoder

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

Matt Gaetz Is Said to Be Investigated Over Possible Sexual Relationship With a Girl, 17

In 2017, Mr. Gaetz was the only member of Congress to vote against a law that gave the federal government more power and money to fight human trafficking.

What?  A fervent Trump supporter who voted against human trafficking laws, and who referred to the "Biden crime family" - is in fact trafficking in underage girls?

No one could have seen that coming.

Accused Capitol rioter arrested in T-shirt reading ‘I was there’ with Trump’s photo, insurrection date

New details of his Jan. 20 arrest were revealed this week in court documents as prosecutors urged a judge not to release him before his trial, noting that he allegedly admitted to bringing a gun into the Capitol during the deadly insurrection. Police also found an array of weapons and gear in Miller’s house, prosecutors said, including a grappling hook, ropes, body armor, night vision goggles, a crossbow and arrows, and multiple firearms with ammunition.

"Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Former President Donald J. trump “inflamed, encouraged, incited, directed, and aided and abetted” the Capitol Riot on Jan. 6, the officers’

Is the statement of claim made by two defenders of the US capitol, ie. police officers injured by trump's actions. Its just too bad trump will use his personal PAC money to buy himself off.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:49 PM, ryoder said:

Former trump AG Bill Barr authorized the FBI to continue this investigation several times. According to a NYT reporters interview. So it evidently has legs.

Tucker Carlson furious at Matt Gaetz for including him in sex scandal defense: report

"While appearing on Carlson's Fox News program on Tuesday, Gaetz defended himself against allegations of sex trafficking by mentioning sexual misconduct allegations that were made against the Fox News host.

Gaetz noted that he was "not the only person on screen right now who's been falsely accused of a terrible sex act."

On 2/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

My comment about Danbury was a play on Michael J Fox's quote from the movie "American President". I did a quick search for a video of the scene, but came up empty.

Lewis Rothschild :  Can I just state very clearly I can't be part of anything illegal.

A.J. : Good for you, Lewis.

Lewis Rothschild : Say what you want. It's always the guy in my job that ends up doing 18 months in Danbury minimum security prison.

22 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Gaetz noted that he was "not the only person on screen right now who's been falsely accused of a terrible sex act."

How you know he's in trouble - he says "but I'm no worse than this guy on FOX News." 

Up next - "Look, I NEVER did anything that Donald Trump himself didn't do."

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

I think this is the first time I've ever gotten in ahead of you*:  Best memes about the Capitol invasion - Page 5 - Speakers Corner - Dropzone.com

Jerry Baumchen

*  It's that old time zone thingy.

32 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Not content with lowering the effective tax rates on the wealthy below those of the middle class, they still want to cheat.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/06/opinion/income-tax-rate-wealthy.html