5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

Rep. Mo Brooks served with lawsuit related to his role in Capitol insurrection

Swalwell's legal team had had difficulty serving Brooks and hired a private investigator to give him the papers, according to court filings. Swalwell's attorney, Matthew Kaiser, told CNN Sunday that a private investigator had left the papers with Brooks' wife at their home in Alabama.

16 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Rep. Mo Brooks served with lawsuit related to his role in Capitol insurrection

Swalwell's legal team had had difficulty serving Brooks and hired a private investigator to give him the papers, according to court filings. Swalwell's attorney, Matthew Kaiser, told CNN Sunday that a private investigator had left the papers with Brooks' wife at their home in Alabama.

I never really understood evading service of summons. It's not like it's going away, right? And why there aren't the same sorts of penalties for evading summons that there are for evading the police. Maybe it's because rich people are more likely to be served with summons, and poor people with being arrested.

Wendy P.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:48 AM, kallend said:

Sidney Powell argues in new court filing that no reasonable people would believe her election fraud claims.

Ruh-roh!  Now she is saying the opposite in public.  Quick summary - her lawyers are using the angle that no one in their right mind would believe her, because she was clearly expressing opinion rather than fact, and she never claimed it was fact.  Now she is claiming it is actually fact, which sort of stabs her lawyers in the back.

"In a March 22 motion to dismiss in the Dominion suit, Powell’s attorneys argued that “no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact” and that they are simply “her opinions and legal theories on a matter of utmost public concern.”

But a half-hour into the panel at the Dallas Patriot Roundup late last month, Powell appeared to veer away from the defense her attorneys had set out, according to multiple videos reviewed by The Daily Beast.

“I don’t think they realized that some of us litigators were going to catch on and hold their feet to the fire and expose what really happened or that they could shut us up by, say, suing me for 4.3 billion dollars in three different states . . .Threatening me is like waving a red flag in a bull’s face.”

" . . .Number one, they don't have jurisdiction over us and number two, we meant what we said and we have the evidence to back it up."  If the allegations aren't thrown out, "then we will get discovery against Dominion and we will be on offense,” she added."

Up next - her lawyers quit and Powell claims it's all a left wing plot to damage her defense.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sidney-powell-just-eviscerated-her-own-legal-defense-experts-say

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

PSA: If you were busted for being in the insurrection, posting threats on Facebook toward those who ratted you out, won't do much to help your case:

Judge Finds Proud Boy’s Pleas to Get Out of Jail ‘Without Merit,’ Highlighting Vulgar Threats He Made Against People Who ‘Ratted’ Him Out

Turns out dude is a junkie and when his regular pill pusher didn't answer the jail's calls he is going a little squirelly.

18 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Did you watch the video of him setting it up? Do people really think if they say things in that manner they have deniability? Are people really that stupid?

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Did you watch the video of him setting it up? Do people really think if they say things in that manner they have deniability? Are people really that stupid?

I hadn't watched it, but here it is for anyone else who wants to see it:

(edited)
17 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

They walk among us. The most eloquent thing he said was, "I don't know anything about it." True Dat. 

Hi Keith,

We live in a world where a fart into the wind is now filmed via smart phone.

If you want to deny saying something, then just do not say it.

What, for me, is most telling about this vote is that every one of his GOP colleagues voted against him.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  For those who want to read a little more about this:  Oregon House expels state Rep. Mike Nearman, plotter of state Capitol incursion - OPB

Edited by JerryBaumchen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

...What, for me, is most telling about this vote is that every one of his GOP colleagues voted against him.

Hi Jerry,

First off, he let armed extremists into the building. I'm guessing that his colleagues weren't super thrilled that he did that.
Second, according to the story you linked, several of his colleagues asked him directly if he had anything to do with it. And he lied to their faces. 

16 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Hi Jerry,

First off, he let armed extremists into the building. I'm guessing that his colleagues weren't super thrilled that he did that.
Second, according to the story you linked, several of his colleagues asked him directly if he had anything to do with it. And he lied to their faces. 

Hi Joe,

Re:  What, for me, is most telling about this vote

Re:  he let armed extremists into the building

For me, that is not that far from Trump inciting the takeover on 6 Jan.  

We have some GOP members of the Oregon legislature that are far more right than Mike Nearman is.  Yet, they still voted to expel him ( first time in Oregon history ).

IMO this action, ever-so-slightly, supports my thread on Trump - The Forgotten Person.

Jerry Baumchen

3 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Voter fraud discovered in Ohio! So take that all you naysayers. And it involves absentee ballots, and dead people voting!

Township trustee in Delaware County admits to voting twice in 2020 election

Hi Robert,

For me, this says it all:  Snodgrass, a Republican

Oh, the horror.  :ohmygod:

Jerry Baumchen

45 minutes ago, kallend said:

Surprise!

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/560885-trump-organization-and-cfo-to-be-charged-thursday-wsj

The Trump Organization and its CFO Allen Weisselberg are set to be charged with tax-related crimes by the Manhattan district attorney’s office on Thursday, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Hi John

Think he will talk once he has to face the consequences?

Most do,

Jerry Baumchen