5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Ouch, this should hurt:  Trump's 'Kraken' lawyer Sidney Powell asked to pay $200K in legal fees (msn.com)

'It is the latest blow to the rag tag band of lawyers who tried to overturn Trump's defeat.'

Jerry Baumchen

There are lawyers and trump knows how to play them like a Stradivarius. After he plays them he considers them used toilet paper and flushes them away. he also knows his base. So consider this:

Trump Raised $250 Million Since Election To Challenge Outcome(as at April 2021) $255 million raised-25% to GOP=$191 million net to trump. Less  $8.6 million in actual legal bills. For a net of $182 million for his personal PAC/slush fund. plus another $50 million this year already.

The election is a concert for trump. Out comes that violin again for another tune of fraud and the cash will flow again. Does anyone think his base will actually catch onto the scam? Surely he can get the robocalls, e-mails to pump another $20-$30 million into his little piggy bank.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, Phil1111 said:

There are lawyers and trump knows how to play them like a Stradivarius. After he plays them he considers them used toilet paper and flushes them away. he also knows his base. So consider this:

Trump Raised $250 Million Since Election To Challenge Outcome(as at April 2021) $255 million raised-25% to GOP=$191 million net to trump. Less  $8.6 million in actual legal bills. For a net of $182 million for his personal PAC/slush fund. plus another $50 million this year already.

The election is a concert for trump. Out comes that violin again for another tune of fraud and the cash will flow again. Does anyone think his base will actually catch onto the scam? Surely he can get the robocalls, e-mails to pump another $20-$30 million into his little piggy bank.

And his fund is still saying donations are tax deductible, though it lost its 501(3)(c) status.  I'm thinking right around tax time, people who donated large amounts are going to be unhappy to note they won't get those deductions.

34 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

After the 2016 election, I posted that anyone who would join the Trump administration was throwing their future career away.  Rudy & Mike Pence are prime examples of that.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

I've travelled a lot in my life; I've been in more grocery stores than I can remember; however, I have never seen any Stupid Pills on sale.  So where are they getting them?

‘Republicans fit roughly into three camps: A minority who believe that Biden won legitimately, a majority who believe that the election was stolen but can't be undone, and a smaller but incredibly vocal group who believe there is still a chance to remove Biden by challenging the 2020 results.

The Trailer: The endless audit: Where Republicans go next after Arizona's ballot review confirmed Biden's win (msn.com)

Jerry Baumchen

Hi folks,

Trump's record of losing in court just keeps going, and going, and going:  ‘There have been plenty of songwriters and recording artists over the years objecting to Republican politicians using their music. Sometimes, that results in litigation, but almost never a court ruling

Judge Rejects Donald Trump Bid to Escape Song Copyright Lawsuit (msn.com)

He's better than the Timex watch.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

Trump rarely wins in court.
His primary tactic is to delay and delay. That costs the people suing him more money than they can afford and they eventually give up.

Fortunately, he's managed to piss off enough people with the resources to keep fighting.
He's just going to lose again.
And again.
And again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

So, 200+ Republicans in the House are aiding and abetting the criminal actions of Bannon.  This sets the tone for others in the future to go ahead with their criminal behavior, knowing that they will be protected.

The last time this flaunting of a congressional subpoena was voted on by the House, it was a Reagan appointee.   How many voted not to hold that appointee in contempt?  Zero.

18 hours ago, headoverheels said:

So, 200+ Republicans in the House are aiding and abetting the criminal actions of Bannon.  This sets the tone for others in the future to go ahead with their criminal behavior, knowing that they will be protected.

The last time this flaunting of a congressional subpoena was voted on by the House, it was a Reagan appointee.   How many voted not to hold that appointee in contempt?  Zero.

I just see a very clear indication that Republicans are solely interested in amassing power and have very little interest in doing anything for the good of the US. It is no mistake Trump has found such kinship in the GOP, since their overarching life question is the same: "What is in it for me?".

19 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I just see a very clear indication that Republicans are solely interested in amassing power and have very little interest in doing anything for the good of the US. It is no mistake Trump has found such kinship in the GOP, since their overarching life question is the same: "What is in it for me?".

Ya think?

McConnell himself said he would do anything to stop Obama, even if it wasn't in the best interests of the country.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

From your link & a typical GOP 'Hey, look over here':  “No one cares about Jan. 6 when gas prices are skyrocketing, grocery store shelves are empty, unemployment is skyrocketing, businesses are going bankrupt, our border is being invaded, children are forced to wear masks, vaccine mandates are getting workers fired, and 13 members of our military are murdered by the Taliban and Americans are left stranded in Afghanistan,” Dyer wrote.

No one cares about Jan. 6, well I do.

Jerry Baumchen

On 10/24/2021 at 6:16 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I don't about you, but I found this photo odd:

image.png.35c77f0badda4742d3e98a8f63d766b3.png

A 6 Jan rioter with a mask on.  Guess that he is maybe conflicted.

Jerry Baumchen

That's only single-layer.  He's just trying to hide his identity because he knows he's doing something illegal, not trying to stop the spread of a deadly virus.

51 minutes ago, ryoder said:

What is this country coming to, when you can't even depend on white privilege anymore. :-(

Rolling Stone: Capitol Rioter Who Bragged That She’s ‘Definitely Not Going to Jail’ Is Definitely Going to Jail

I tell you, it's getting to the point where being white won't even get you out of jail any more!  Clearly we need more riots to show them who's boss.

Maybe this should also go in the "Scumbag Politician" thread.

At least 13 Trump officials illegally campaigned while in office, federal investigation finds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-violations-hatch-act/2021/11/09/b3d4c764-4108-11ec-a88e-2aa4632af69b_story.html

The Office of Special Counsel, led by a Republican appointed by Trump, lays out a series of violations that the authors underscore were not innocent mistakes or slips of the tongue.

No punishment is expected to be assessed because, by most legal interpretations, the president in office at the time is the only person who can take action to fire or reprimand his political appointees when they act illegally. The office’s lengthy treatment of how the administration flouted a law intended to ensure that civil servants and political appointees operate free of political influence was meant to illustrate that the law lacks teeth and needs stronger enforcement mechanisms, the report says.

“OSC is issuing this report to educate employees about Hatch Act-prohibited activities, highlight the enforcement challenges that [the office] confronted during its investigations, and deter similar violations in the future,” investigators wrote.

So if the law has no teeth, how exactly will future violations be deterred?