5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

Mark Meadows must appear before GA grand jury investigating efforts by Trump and his cronies to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia. - SC Supreme Court.

Excellent

Must? You reckon there is no place above the South Carolina Supreme Court for a Meadows appeal? Interesting.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Must? You reckon there is no place above the South Carolina Supreme Court for a Meadows appeal? Interesting.

Has the US Supreme Court allowed anyone involved in the attempt to steal the election get away with ignoring subpoenas?

As far as I've seen, every court involved has denied any attempt to evade testifying.

36 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Has the US Supreme Court allowed anyone involved in the attempt to steal the election get away with ignoring subpoenas?

As far as I've seen, every court involved has denied any attempt to evade testifying.

Thanks, has the USSC yet chimed in?

15 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You reckon there is no place above the South Carolina Supreme Court for a Meadows appeal? Interesting.

They can apply to the federal courts for leave to appeal. But since there is already precedent it is unlikely SCOTUS would agree to hear the case unless substantial different issues are involved. 

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

They can apply to the federal courts for leave to appeal. But since there is already precedent it is unlikely SCOTUS would agree to hear the case unless substantial different issues are involved. 

Well, given the current court's regard for precedent, that isn't the best argument. 

But they do seem to have an affinity for the 'sanctity' of the court.

Even the Trumpette appointees aren't allowing people to ignore subpoenas.

45 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Hi Robert,

And, here is the best part:  A panel of the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled unanimously

The Donald is spending a whole lot of money on attorneys & getting zilch for it, *

Jerry Baumchen

*  This is if he actually pays them.

2 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Back in my day people took over public buildings in political protest all the time. In this case the police killed 4 protestors. 

You are lying again.

At this point, do you think anyone here believes anything you say?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Back in my day people took over public buildings in political protest all the time. In this case the police killed 4 protestors. That hasn't happened since the Viet Nam war. The protestors we 100% correct then and they are 100% correct now. J6 is a huge deal and it didn't't have to happen. After the Republicans take the house back then Pelosi will be on her way to an eventual arrest.

So Trump had nothing to do with it according to you?

45 minutes ago, Slim King said:

As an independent my loyalties seem to escape you. Trump has made serious errors and I've pointed them out. 

Oh please, show me some examples of that!

It's all about election integrity.

No it's not. It's all about rule of law. Trump's bogus claims of election fraud were contested in courts of law and found grievously devoid of actual facts. It takes more than passionate Youtube videos to convince a judge. Even a judge appointed by Republicans. Even a judge appointed by Trump himself.

Kari Lake was just ripped off ... Is she a con man too?

How are her court cases going?