5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

Axios: DOJ asks judge to compel Navarro to return Trump White House emails

The Department of Justice filed a motion Monday asking a judge to order former White House adviser Peter Navarro to return government email communications he allegedly handled through a private account while serving in the Trump administration.

But his emails!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Must have more fundraising.Must have more fundraising......

I was going to say I'm looking forward to him having to cover CNN's legal bills but you're right, it'll just be the other poor suckers paying for him yet again.

17 minutes ago, jakee said:

I was going to say I'm looking forward to him having to cover CNN's legal bills but you're right, it'll just be the other poor suckers paying for him yet again.

I was just reading rant after rant about how trump is going to put CNN out of business. Knowing how trump operates he will raise $10-20 million before its dismissed.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

I was just reading rant after rant about how trump is going to put CNN out of business. Knowing how trump operates he will raise $10-20 million before its dismissed.

The lawsuit will never go forward.   Trump would be subject to discovery, including all sorts of documents, texts, emails, etc.  The first time he says "plead the fifth" the judge will dismiss the case.

9 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

The lawsuit will never go forward.   Trump would be subject to discovery, including all sorts of documents, texts, emails, etc.  The first time he says "plead the fifth" the judge will dismiss the case.

Or...the case will just fall apart because the his lawyers will keep quitting due to him not taking their advice and/or he won't pay them.

The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to reinstate Judge Aileen Cannon’s order that a special master review classified documents taken in an FBI search of Mar-a-Lago.  There were no noted dissents.

The one-sentence order turned aside an emergency request from Trump' lawyers to intervene in the document review, which is part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

• Like 1

(edited)

Judge Carter rules that certain emails between Trump and Eastman (his lawyer) are not attorney-client privileged due to crime-fraud exemption. The emails are "sufficiently related to and in furtherance of a conspiracy to defraud the United States".

They do this because Trump lied in the GA lawsuit.

Edited to add that the emails show that he was aware the information he attested to was false and that he filed lawsuits not for legal relief, but simply to try and obstruct.

Edited by SkyDekker
  • Like 1

Hi folks,

Looks like she is going to get a 2nd bite at the apple:  she intends to sue Mr Trump a second time under a new law that gives adult sexual assault victims a one-time opportunity to file civil lawsuits even if the statute of limitations has expired

Trump questioned in court over rape accuser's defamation case - BBC News

As the late Jackie Gleason would say:  'How sweet it is.'

Jerry Baumchen

18 hours ago, ryoder said:

Federal court rules Georgia prosecutors can force Lindsey Graham to testify

Can we get a tiny violin to play for poor lil' Lindsay?

Hi Robert,

And, up next ->  The Donald himself:  Trump subpoenaed for testimony under oath by House Jan. 6 panel - oregonlive.com

Jerry Baumchen

12 hours ago, ryoder said:

Politico: Judge slaps sanctions on Trump lawyers for ‘frivolous’ Clinton lawsuit

That's a good start; Now let's have some disbarments.

The judge seems to be calling for that.
Which is absolutely awesome.

From your link:

...He seemed to urge disciplinary action against the lawyers involved, arguing that a federal court rule that allows punishment for frivolous filings probably would not be sufficient to stem such activity...

...So who is responsible for this case and others like it? The rule of law is undermined by the toxic combination of political fundraising with legal fees paid by political action committees, reckless and factually untrue statements by lawyers at rallies and in the media, and efforts to advance a political narrative through lawsuits without factual basis or any cognizable legal theory...  ...Lawyers are enabling this behavior and I am pessimistic that Rule 11 alone can effectively stem this abuse. Aspects may be beyond the purview of the judiciary, requiring attention of the Bar and disciplinary authorities.