5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

54 minutes ago, billvon said:

Fun fact - right now on FOX News the headline is about . . . Hunter's laptop.

Look for the laptop being top news 24/7 for about a month now.  Well, that and the war on Christmas.

Have you seen what the Democrats are doing to the border?????????????????????????

NYT: In Testimony, Hannity and Other Fox Employees Said They Doubted Trump’s Fraud Claims

On Wednesday, lawyers for Dominion Voting Systems shared some of the strongest evidence yet that some Fox employees knew what they broadcast about the claims was false.

Rather dissapointing that the judge will not allow the evidence obtained by Dominion, to be shared with Smartmatic.

And about those tax returns. . .

In addition to very very dubious charitable contributions claimed, we now have absolute proof that he was bare-faced lying when he said he couldn't release his returns due to being audited (which itself was a lie).  The IRS failed to do its job and audit his returns for at least two years.

The power of the presidency comes with immense potential for corruption. We need to know exactly where presidents get their income, to whom they owe money, and all the details of their finances.

Edited by kallend
Editted fur fat fingered spelin'
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kallend said:

In addition to very very dubious charitable contributions claimed, we now have absolute proof that he was bare-faced lying when he said he couldn't release his returns due to being audited (which itself was a lie).  The IRS failed to do its job and audit his returns for at least two years.

The power of the presidency comes with immense potential for corruption. We need to know exactly where presidents get their income, to whom they owe money, and all the details of their finances.

As usual when the GOP talks about weaponization of the IRS they are projecting.

Another court loss for the trumpists:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2022/12/23/kari-lake-trial-bombshell-is-a-bust/69752622007/

Kari Lake's bombshell goes pffft

Opinion: Something was 'proved without a shadow of doubt' in Kari Lake's election trial, all right. And it should be followed up with sanctions, for bringing sour grapes instead of evidence.

Well, no sanctions against Lake.  However, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson ordered Lake to pay around $33,000 in legal fees to Arizona Democratic Gov.-elect Katie Hobbs, the state's secretary of state who won the race by around 17,000 votes and was named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:54 AM, kallend said:

So his returns showed that he lied about paying "millions" in taxes, and that his charitable magnanimity was a lot less than he told us.  Among other things.

1 minute ago, kallend said:

So his returns showed that he lied about paying "millions" in taxes, and that his charitable magnanimity was a lot less than he told us.  Among other things.

Well technically he did pay “millions” in taxes no? Just not in America 

It's past high time when those who consder themselves "good men (persons)" in the GOP followed the wisdom generally attributed to Edmund Burke.

If the decent Republicans continue to turn a blind eye, the grifters will prevail.

Edited by kallend

14 hours ago, lippy said:

Well technically he did pay “millions” in taxes no? Just not in America 

Well he had "gross business income of at least $35.3 million from Canada in 2017, the year he entered office.

That year, Trump also brought in $6.5 million from China, $5.8 million from Indonesia and $5.7 million from India.

By 2020, his last full year in office, Trump reported $8.8 million in income from the U.K. and another $3.9 million in Ireland."

Yet no income in the US that resulted in taxes being owed. Says allot about how successful republican tax legislation has been over the last 50 years.The US ranks 32nd in tax fairness. He flies around in a private 757. Lives in a huge mansion and pays no taxes. Gives nothing to charity. ....Yeah I guess that would be a republican poster child.

spacer.png

(edited)
On 12/31/2022 at 12:36 PM, Phil1111 said:

Yeah I guess that would be a republican poster child.

From the last several post of yours that I read, it seems your idea of a republican poster child represents all of us bunker building, yacht sailing, private jet flying, mansion dwelling, tax evading deplorables that give nothing to charity.  I mean ya, what conservative couldn't relate to that?

Edited by Coreece

33 minutes ago, Coreece said:

From the last several post of yours that I read, it seems your idea of a republican poster child represents all of us bunker building, yacht sailing, private jet flying, mansion dwelling, tax evading deplorables that give nothing to charity.  I mean ya, what conservative couldn't relate to that?

Yet is IS the idol of millions of conservative Republicans.  The official position of the GOP is that the January 6 insurrection is "legitimate political discourse".

Maybe you are the anomaly.

Hi folks,

Now, this sounds like a winning strategy:  

Bannon . . .  has been delayed by his refusal to speak to his . . .  attorneys

Bannon has reached out to at least seven law firms . . . to find new representation

Bannon refuses to talk to his own lawyers in charity fraud case - POLITICO

Jerry Baumchen

42 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Now, this sounds like a winning strategy

And this is even better:

Bannon, who has pleaded not guilty, entered the lower Manhattan courtroom Thursday voicing support for protesters in Brazil who falsely claim the results of the presidential election were rigged.

Nothing like using a judge's courtroom for your latest political scam to endear yourself to the judge.  Only way that could have gone better if he also announced that he would be raising money for a charity for them.

The Trump Organization must pay $1.6 million for giving executive off-the-books benefits and pay. Fined the maximum allowed by statute. An equivalent of a felony conviction for trump's company.

Unfortunately its more of man bites dog. trump has participated and directed through his companies scams all his life. After he's gone there is no reason not to believe that his descendants won't be doing the same. Usually with impunity.

3 hours ago, phantomII said:

McCarthy says he will look at expunging Trump impeachment

Looks like somebody wants to "correct" the history.

"Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. Since the beginning of your life, since the beginning of the Party, since the beginning of history, the war has continued without a break, always the same war."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kallend said:

"Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. Since the beginning of your life, since the beginning of the Party, since the beginning of history, the war has continued without a break, always the same war."

The past was alterable. The past never had been altered.

Trump on E. Jean Carroll: "I’ve never met this person in my life."

Also Trump on E. Jean Carroll, from his deposition: "I think she said [rape] was sexy, didn’t she? She said it was very sexy to be raped . . . she said that rape was sexy."

From "never saw her before" to "she loved it" in no time at all.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Also Trump on E. Jean Carroll, from his deposition: "I think she said [rape] was sexy, didn’t she? She said it was very sexy to be raped . . . she said that rape was sexy."

Duh! No wonder he is the poster child for republicans and the Christian right.

8 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep, a real super genius. I'll bet his lawyers heads exploded. 

On 1/16/2023 at 8:05 PM, billvon said:

As insane as that part is....he was shown a photo of him meeting E. Jean Carroll and her husband. Problem is when he was asked who the person in the photo was, he identified her as his own ex-wife Marla Maples.

Takes a special kind of stupid to simultaneously crush two of your stated defenses: I never met her and she isn't my type.

https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1615893609659731968?s=20&t=ZzWPjNKwQULQl9P6Q4jvoQ