5 5
Phil1111

Post trump Legal Actions, Including his Enablers

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Stealing and cheating from others the only difference is a court finally recognized it.

Didn't courts recognize the Trump U fraud when T was fined $25M, and the Trump Foundation fraud when they were fined $2M and the Trump kids were ordered to undergo mandatory training to ensure they do not engage in similar misconduct in the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump Organization Found Guilty in Tax Fraud Scheme

Not much new under the sun today.Guilty on all 17 counts. America's crime family, pride of evangelicals and MAGA voters. Stealing and cheating from others the only difference is a court finally recognized it.

But the Clinton Foundation though, that's who you really need to be worried about!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jakee said:

But the Clinton Foundation though, that's who you really need to be worried about!

What bothers me is the way millions of voters supported him knowing full well that he is a con artist, liar  and sexual predator, and I don't suppose this conviction will make a scrap of difference to them.  A large subset of them will no doubt vote today for a guy who's been hit in the head several times too many in his former career, and is an incoherent ignoramus.

I find that very disturbing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kallend said:

What bothers me is the way millions of voters supported him knowing full well that he is a con artist, liar  and sexual predator, and I don't suppose this conviction will make a scrap of difference to them.  A large subset of them will no doubt vote today for a guy who's been hit in the head several times too many in his former career, and is an incoherent ignoramus.

I find that very disturbing.

What is even more disturbing is that they almost all claim that they are "neither ignorant nor programmed". Claim that they are "independents" and don't listen to FOX!

On 12/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, billvon said:

You are lying again.

At this point, do you think anyone here believes anything you say?

BillVon is a known genius, why he has spent so much time pissing around with us, especially me, is a confusion. If you're Wendy you really need to be thinking about the card game allegory.

P.S., thanks for the recommendations on barrel aged stouts. They were all spot on.

7 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump Organization Found Guilty in Tax Fraud Scheme

Not much new under the sun today.Guilty on all 17 counts. America's crime family, pride of evangelicals and MAGA voters. Stealing and cheating from others the only difference is a court finally recognized it.

So in the past few weeks we have had:

-Trump's company convicted of criminal fraud
-Trump's protesters convicted of felony sedition against the United States
-Referrals for prosecution to the DOJ from the Jan 6th investigation
-A blue wave in the Senate, defeating Trump's candidates
-Trump's tax returns released to the House Ways and Means committee
-Revelations that Trump hid almost $20 million in cash given to him by North Korea connected companies
-Updates on Trump's theft of top-secret nuclear documents from the US government

And that's not even counting his rape/slander trial, the two non-pardonable criminal investigations into Trump's frauds, the lawsuits that police have filed against him, or the lawsuit Michael Cohen filed against him. 

Republicans have a choice to make.  Will they finally reject Trump and reclaim their position as the pro-law, anti-crime party?  To check, let's look at the top headline from FOX News just one short day ago:  "Hunter Biden confronted at White House black-tie event over laptop."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

BillVon is a known genius, why he has spent so much time pissing around with us, especially me, is a confusion. If you're Wendy you really need to be thinking about the card game allegory.

P.S., thanks for the recommendations on barrel aged stouts. They were all spot on.

OK I'll bite -- what card game allegory? I missed much of yesterday, just catching up. Or was it earlier, and I let it slip out of my tiny female brain?

Wendy P.

44 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

OK I'll bite -- what card game allegory? I missed much of yesterday, just catching up. Or was it earlier, and I let it slip out of my tiny female brain?

Wendy P.

You know, if you're looking around the table and can't figure out who is the sucker.......

10 hours ago, billvon said:

So in the past few weeks we have had:

-Trump's company convicted of criminal fraud
-Trump's protesters convicted of felony sedition against the United States
-Referrals for prosecution to the DOJ from the Jan 6th investigation
-A blue wave in the Senate, defeating Trump's candidates
-Trump's tax returns released to the House Ways and Means committee
-Revelations that Trump hid almost $20 million in cash given to him by North Korea connected companies
-Updates on Trump's theft of top-secret nuclear documents from the US government

And that's not even counting his rape/slander trial, the two non-pardonable criminal investigations into Trump's frauds, the lawsuits that police have filed against him, or the lawsuit Michael Cohen filed against him. 

Republicans have a choice to make.  Will they finally reject Trump and reclaim their position as the pro-law, anti-crime party?  To check, let's look at the top headline from FOX News just one short day ago:  "Hunter Biden confronted at White House black-tie event over laptop."

Venezuela probe is also circling the drain that is Trump and his inner circle of co-conspirators.

The Trump Crime Syndicate is still surprising me with the amount of criminal activities they seem to be involved with.

32 minutes ago, normiss said:

Venezuela probe is also circling the drain that is Trump and his inner circle of co-conspirators.

The Trump Crime Syndicate is still surprising me with the amount of criminal activities they seem to be involved with.

Instead of Hunter, maybe the GOP should try introspection:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/12/07/kushner-democrats-congressional-probe-bailout/

57 minutes ago, kallend said:

The POTUS should never be permitted to override security clearance verifications and denials.

It's a risk that multiple people in the Trump admin and family could not obtain them without the nod from their capo.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, ryoder said:

Appeals court tells Michael Flynn he must testify in Fulton County's Trump investigation

Funny how all these MAGAts constantly crowing about all the election fraud evidence they have...fight tooth and nail to resist talking about it in court.

And amazing how intelligent people like Slim King can't put 2 and 2 together.

trump's personal priest was booted out of the church for trumpism.

"Father Frank Pavone, a leader of the U.S. anti-abortion movement and a strong supporter of former president Donald Trump, has been dismissed from the Catholic priesthood for "blasphemous" social media posts and disobedience to bishops.

The Vatican defrocked Pavone in November, according to a letter sent to U.S. bishops from its ambassador to Washington. The letter, seen by Reuters, says Pavone will not be allowed to appeal"

"Pavone remains a firm supporter of Trump: His Twitter handle features him wearing a "MAGA" hat with a background photo featuring the former U.S. president,..

His supporters immediately denounced the measure, including the bishop of Tyler, Texas, Joseph Strickland, who referred to U.S. President Joe Biden's support for abortion rights as "evil."

"The blasphemy is that this holy priest is canceled while an evil president promotes the denial of truth & the murder of the unborn at every turn, Vatican officials promote immorality & denial of the deposit of faith & priests promote gender confusion devastating lives ... evil,"

"In my travels after the election around Pennsylvania, I've heard from many, many formerly very pro-Trump voters that they think it's time for our party to move on," Toomey said. 

Toomey also called Trump out during his Senate farewell speech on December 15, warning his GOP colleagues that the party "can't be about or beholden to any one man." 

"We're much bigger than that. Our party is much bigger than that," Toomey said. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/republican-senator-trump-losing-hold-on-the-gop-outgoing-2022-12

5 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

"In my travels after the election around Pennsylvania, I've heard from many, many formerly very pro-Trump voters that they think it's time for our party to move on," Toomey said. 

Toomey also called Trump out during his Senate farewell speech on December 15, warning his GOP colleagues that the party "can't be about or beholden to any one man." 

"We're much bigger than that. Our party is much bigger than that," Toomey said. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/republican-senator-trump-losing-hold-on-the-gop-outgoing-2022-12

True but he is an "outgoing" GOP senator. The 38% of the GOP voters,  the hard core trump supporter will stay with him

32 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

True but he is an "outgoing" GOP senator. The 38% of the GOP voters,  the hard core trump supporter will stay with him

Over the weekend Trump issued orders to the MAGAt holdout  congressmen to accept and vote for McCarthy for Speaker. If that does happen it will demonstrate renewed strength and vigour of his influence in the R universe.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

The 38% of the GOP voters,  the hard core trump supporter will stay with him

And yet, Mr. McCarthy, who is toiling to become speaker next year when the G.O.P. assumes the majority, has so far been unable to put down a mini-revolt on the right that threatens to imperil his bid for the top job.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/13/us/politics/trump-mccarthy-speaker-republicans-freedom-caucus.html

[paraphrase] In 2018, Pelosi was successful due to her ability to negotiate committee chairs [/paraphrase] I think McCarthy may come down to his promises using the same strategy.  Let's play "Wheel of Fortune."

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Over the weekend Trump issued orders to the MAGAt holdout  congressmen to accept and vote for McCarthy for Speaker. If that does happen it will demonstrate renewed strength and vigour of his influence in the R universe.

I'm curious what the shift will look like later today after Trump receives his criminal referral to the DOJ.

Merry Christmas to the Twice Impeached Former President and Insurrectionist Trump!

Unsure how the espionage title will be added.

2 hours ago, normiss said:

I'm curious what the shift will look like later today after Trump receives his criminal referral to the DOJ.

Fun fact - right now on FOX News the headline is about . . . Hunter's laptop.

Look for the laptop being top news 24/7 for about a month now.  Well, that and the war on Christmas.

• Like 1