8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

My mother lived to 93.  Her last 5 years were dementia filled.  My father also lived to 93.  He was vital, active, and aware.  I suppose it's possible but I see signs of dementia in Biden that more closely resemble my mother than my father.

One of the reasons I don't see that as a sign of dementia is that he made all the same gaffes and stumbles back when he was VP.  Which is an indication that he's just plain old and clumsy (and has a speech impediment) rather than some progressive disability.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

I thought McCain's use of Palin was a clever political move.  Like all candidates she had some things I agreed with and some I didn't.  Never considered her a serious POTUS possibility.

Hi airdvr,

WOW!!!!!  IMO choosing Palin was one of the biggest mistakes of modern politics.

She was and is a complete loser.  And, dumb as a doorknob.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I suggest you watch this:  Game Change (film) - Wikipedia

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Joe Biden: Born November 20, 1942

Plug that date into here: https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/longevity.cgi

And he has an Additional Life Expectancy of 8.5 years.

Hi Robert,

And, the day he dies, he will be more competent than Trump ever has been.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  That is the trouble with facts:  They are so damn factual.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

My mother lived to 93.  Her last 5 years were dementia filled.  My father also lived to 93.  He was vital, active, and aware.  I suppose it's possible but I see signs of dementia in Biden that more closely resemble my mother than my father.

Hi airdvr,

And, just what credentials do you have to conclude that?

Also, just how much time have you spent with Joe?

Horsepuckey at it's finest.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
1 hour ago, billvon said:

Right.  And if he wanted that to happen, Harris would be convinced, and she'd announce that she is retiring to spend more time with her family.

But more likely he would just run with a new VP.

During the Nixon presidency, when his VP resigned due to pending criminal charges, Nixon consulted with the House and they came back with Ford, a moderate.  If Biden was interested in going the same route, he could give the House a list of say five democrats he would consider, then let the House choose the most conservative of them, thus giving the House a "victory" they could tout and ensuring a more moderate VP.  Or just run a new person on the ticket.

For example, consider a Biden/Manchin ticket.  That would turn off some democrats, but would likely energize a lot more independents.  And even a few conservatives; if a lot of conservatives think that Biden is going to die in office, they might greatly prefer Manchin over Harris if the alternative was Trump.

Or consider a Biden/Sinema ticket.  That would get more democratic support and likely a LOT more independent support.  Heck, if Harris was convinced to retire, the house would probably approve replacing her mid-term.

Hi Bill,

I'm thinking a Biden/Whitmer ticket would be a great choice to have on the ballot next year.

Jerry Baumchen

Gretchen Whitmer - Wikipedia

Edited by JerryBaumchen

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Joe Biden: Born November 20, 1942

Plug that date into here: https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/longevity.cgi

And he has an Additional Life Expectancy of 8.5 years.

Which takes into account the covid pandemic, crack epidemic, gun violence, poor health care for non-whites, non-existent health care for the poor, etc. Factor in a personal doctor for the president and the outcomes are very different.

Just now, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Jerry Baumchen

Plug yourself into the conservative echo chamber. A Black, woman VP? Joe Biden's massive collection of infirmities and diseases? vrs a Big Mac chomping overweight trump who knows more about health and medicine than any doctor ever born.

"All in all, and not including the fries, the president's double order of both sandwiches plus the milkshake cost him 2,430 calories, 111 grams of fat (39 g saturated fat, 3 g trans fat), 3,480 mg sodium, 238 g carbs (11 g fiber, 102 g sugar), and 98 g protein. To put these numbers into perspective, that's more calories and 1,180 more milligrams of sodium than the FDA recommends the average person should eat in an entire day! Not to mention, the amount of sugar in this meal contains double the sweet stuff of the FDA's per diem recommendation of 50 grams."

Of course trump comes out on top.

52 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Which takes into account the covid pandemic, crack epidemic, gun violence, poor health care for non-whites, non-existent health care for the poor, etc. Factor in a personal doctor for the president and the outcomes are very different.

Plug yourself into the conservative echo chamber. A Black, woman VP? Joe Biden's massive collection of infirmities and diseases? vrs a Big Mac chomping overweight trump who knows more about health and medicine than any doctor ever born.

"All in all, and not including the fries, the president's double order of both sandwiches plus the milkshake cost him 2,430 calories, 111 grams of fat (39 g saturated fat, 3 g trans fat), 3,480 mg sodium, 238 g carbs (11 g fiber, 102 g sugar), and 98 g protein. To put these numbers into perspective, that's more calories and 1,180 more milligrams of sodium than the FDA recommends the average person should eat in an entire day! Not to mention, the amount of sugar in this meal contains double the sweet stuff of the FDA's per diem recommendation of 50 grams."

Proof positive that the FDA and every other Federal Agency of the Deep State are as wrong as climate scientists and need to go.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

It may well have cost him the election. Each independent turned off is worth two conservative anger warriors enthused. Obama was elected with enough of a majority that it might not have mattered, but McCain lost a lot of credibility with the maverick crowd with that.

Wendy P.

For years I had admired McCain, and hoped to get an opportunity to vote for him.

Then after he got the nomination, he suddenly went from being a "maverick" to sucking up to Dubya, and chose an ignorant hick for a running mate.

So that made it easy to vote for Obama.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

For years I had admired McCain, and hoped to get an opportunity to vote for him.

Then after he got the nomination, he suddenly went from being a "maverick" to sucking up to Dubya, and chose an ignorant hick for a running mate.

So that made it easy to vote for Obama.

Hi Robert,

At that point, it wasn't even a choice.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

I'm thinking a Biden/Whitmer ticket would be a great choice to have on the ballot next year.

Wouldn't do as much to attract independents.  And she's a woman who came into politics early, so the GOP will label her a whore and a slut, no better than Harris.

5 hours ago, kallend said:

Made fraud, lying,  pussy-grabbing and sucking up to Putin and Kim Jong Un acceptable to a sizeable fraction of the US population 

Well, to be fair, those things (along with blatant racism & bigotry and Homophobia/trans-phobia) were already 'acceptable' to that 'sizeable fraction of the population.'
Trump just made it so that they felt ok voicing that sort of shit in public.

12 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, to be fair, those things (along with blatant racism & bigotry and Homophobia/trans-phobia) were already 'acceptable' to that 'sizeable fraction of the population.'

But that's not his point. The point was that airdvr tossed out an opinion without an iota of support and kallend was simply spelling iota for him. 

38 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Isn't all that taught on Sunday afternoons?

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Hi Phil,

And, just when was the last time anyone has seen Trump riding a bicycle?

Hmmm - Who is the more healthy?

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

And, just when was the last time anyone has seen Trump riding a bicycle?

Hmmm - Who is the more healthy?

Jerry Baumchen

Hey! He walked/waddled down a ramp! What more do you want?

16 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Jerry Baumchen

You forget, baseless innuendo and lying about everything are pretty much all they have.

It's official - we are in a bull market.

Now that Biden has ended the uncertainty over a potential default by outmanuevering the GOP, the market has surged back into bull-market territory.

Will be interesting to see how the GOP spins this.  "The market is clearly showing its appreciation to us for . . . uh . . . . not defaulting the US!  We can take all the credit for this.  Oh, and Biden drools."

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, billvon said:

Will be interesting to see how the GOP spins this.  "The market is clearly showing its appreciation to us for . . . uh . . . . not defaulting the US!  We can take all the credit for this.  Oh, and Biden drools."

They will simply chant "Let's go Brandon".

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

They will simply chant "Let's go Brandon".

Brandon's prevented a financial collapse courtesy of the GOP, has owned the Russians, got the infrastructure bill passed, slowed down inflation with the IRA and has done it all without him or any of his closest staff getting arrested or sued.  Brandon's doing pretty good lately.

dark_brandon.JPG

53 minutes ago, billvon said:

Brandon's prevented a financial collapse courtesy of the GOP, has owned the Russians, got the infrastructure bill passed, slowed down inflation with the IRA and has done it all without him or any of his closest staff getting arrested or sued.  Brandon's doing pretty good lately.

dark_brandon.JPG

Yeppers, he's a consequential President in a very positive way. Unfortunately, there is seemingly no daylight between what is actually happening and what some folks are apparently programmed to believe. Our own airdvr and BillE constantly defend right wing talking points with answers like "people are saying" etc. as if that's enough to make us believe that after reading from cover to cover Mother Earth News they haven't any time at all for OAN reruns. I'm actually surprised that no poster here has yet confirmed that they heard it through the grapevine. (Ooo, I bet you're wonderin' how I knew)

And now, as you've observed, that we're in a Bull Market the twisting and turning will be such that power could be produced if it was harnessed. (Note to you BillE, you're a power guy.)

Lastly, to a larger point, this recovery is unlike any in recent times. Interest rate investments are making money, jobs are to be had at increased wages, and now the stock market is turning up in a solid way. And on top of that, for all of you ostensible flag waving American Patriots,: we're at war and Biden is a wartime President who rebuilt NATO after Trump and to date we are seriously eroding Russian Military effectiveness for decades to come. 

Additionally lastly, maybe some people should stop and take a look at the larger geopolitical picture and grasp that they are either fueling our enemies intentions to weaken American democracy or, sadly, flat out being used for the purpose by their constant niggling and outright degradations of our sitting President. 

3 hours ago, billvon said:

we are in a bull market.

So sayeth CNN. A loss of 20% followed by a 10% recovery is not a bull market. 

All hail the inflation Reduction Act - cause the American family has lost ~$7,100/annum over the past two years in purchase power.

The border still has no solution with seven million people crossing the border and Kamala - ya  know, the Czar of Immigration can't be found near the border. 

He tried to forgive around a trillion dollars in school debt - ya know, revenue for the country. Now, he's not solely for the national debt being 31 trillion dollars - but he hasn't stopped it either. But hey! everything's slowed down, so it's all good.   Cause ya know, we got the least worst guy. 

I can't help but wonder if Biden had an (R) after his name if you would be so accommodating.