3 3
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

Recommended Posts

While the honeymoon for President Biden is not likely to last long. In fact criticism has started already.

Stephen Miller attacks Biden's immigration plan in first tweet.

“Today, [Biden] pledged to be a president for all Americans,” Miller wrote in the tweet. “It’s unclear how all Americans are served by opening travel from terror hot spots, proposing a giant amnesty, or halting the installation of security barriers along the Southwest border.”

In case some have forgotten, Miller is the only fascist to survive a full trump term. Its too bad that President Biden plans on suspending the federal death penalty. it just seems so appropriate in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

In case some have forgotten, Miller is the only fascist to survive a full trump term.

Miller is a dangerous man with evil ideas. Fortunately he has absolutely no charisma and will never succeed with any group other than the white nationalists. You can rest assured that I will never forget him and will always call out him and his ilk for what they are. It must be eating him up to removed from his position of influence and to watch sidelined while his work is largely undone and his term two hopes dissolve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Biden has cancelled the XL pipeline permit. This is a mistake and short sighted. pipelines are the safest most effective way to move petroleum products.

"On Wednesday, Jason Kenney, the premier, demanded that Mr. Trudeau also bring trade sanctions against the United States if he is unable to persuade the American president to reverse course.

“This is a gut punch for the Canadian and Alberta economies,” Mr. Kenney said at a news conference. “It is an insult directed at the United States’ most important ally and trading partner on Day 1 of a new administration.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Miller is a dangerous man with evil ideas. Fortunately he has absolutely no charisma and will never succeed with any group other than the white nationalists. You can rest assured that I will never forget him and will always call out him and his ilk for what they are. It must be eating him up to removed from his position of influence and to watch sidelined while his work is largely undone and his term two hopes dissolve.

A recommendation by Stephen Miller, or inclusion of him on a team, would likely be close to an automatic disqualifier for me.

Wendy P.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

Are you trying to claim that Trump had standards?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

Depends on how you define media, and how you define standards. I have a feeling that some of our media will fawn over Biden, just as some of our media fawned over Trump. Some of them will find only the negative, just as some only found the negative in Trump.

There will be fewer criticisms of norm-breaking because, well, Biden isn't nearly the norm-breaker that Trump was (and wanted to be). There is unlikely to be the lie count, because Biden doesn't come up with statements that are clearly falsifiable nearly as much. He doesn't reject the mainstream media, nor does he reject the right wing media -- they'll be invited to his pressers, and have their questions answered.

I doubt there will be a lot of scrutiny of antifa as an organization (because it isn't). And Biden is unlikely to call on them to help him.

Wendy P.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
32 minutes ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

Here is your chance to discuss political facts with evidence behind those facts.

27 minutes ago, okalb said:

Are you trying to claim that Trump had standards?

He means Facebook, Parler, FOX, etc. Where the narrative is racism, lies, misinformation and any political measures that enable the right.

Rick Wilson of the Lincoln Project was interviewed. He stated that the job of their project wasn't done until trump enablers, trumpism, QAnon and the lies of the trump/GOP are finished. Good on them

Sure trump had standards. The pardon of: Trump pardons Steve Bannon, but not the Colorado man also charged in border wall scam.   Is a great example.Bannon personally profited from trump's own supporters. Supporters, I meant suckers. People who were told that Mexico would pay for the wall. Bannon was still facing trial on the fraud. Normally you have already been convicted, shown repentance and served time to get a pardon.

None of that mattered to trump. Others in the fraud will be prosecuted and Bannon is free. The suckers that donated to build the wall have been played again. Too bad.

Edited by Phil1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Depends on how you define media, and how you define standards. I have a feeling that some of our media will fawn over Biden, just as some of our media fawned over Trump. Some of them will find only the negative, just as some only found the negative in Trump.

It's very important that the definitions remain vague, because he doesn't really want to do a specific comparison. billeisele just wants a reason to complain. As soon as you try to pin it down to something specific the goalposts will be moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

Trump was not a product of the media. Trump was a product of Trump. Just because quite a number of voters took so long, or in many cases never, to see him for what he is is no fault of the media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Trump was not a product of the media. Trump was a product of Trump. Just because quite a number of voters took so long, or in many cases never, to see him for what he is is no fault of the media. 

Every dictator in history blamed the press. Today its the media and they blame them because the media speaks truth to the people. Lies by a dictator cut to the core of the messaging. Thats the reason why trump refused to hold press conferences because he got tough, direct questions about lies and failed policy.

Its also the reason why billeisele refuses to state good and bad policy. Then back them with facts. There are others like him that come and go in SC. trump supporters that get frustrated by strong reasoning backed by facts. Its just easier to go back to gun forums and Facebook QAnon groups where lies are cheered. Where a little twinkle of truth can be twisted into a bigger lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 hour ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

Thing is, nobody needed the media to tell them he was an idiot.

You could always have gone on to his Twitter feed and read stuff straight from the man himself, no middleman, no filters. Nobody to tell you what to think. I did regularly and it was easy to see how deranged he was.

At least, not until he got himself kicked out for inciting an insurrection.

Edited by olofscience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

If Biden starts behaving like Trump he will be treated like Trump. Is that what you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Thing is, nobody needed the media to tell them he was an idiot.

You could always have gone on to his Twitter feed and read stuff straight from the man himself, no middleman, no filters. Nobody to tell you what to think. I did regularly and it was easy to see how deranged he was.

At least, not until he got himself kicked out for inciting an insurrection.

That's the thing. It was always there in front of our faces if we only stopped to look. No media required. How any Trump supporter can say anything in support of their votes after the Trump fomented insurrection at the nations Capitol with the goal of overturning a legitimate Presidential election is a sad commentary. You would think that would be a line no one would cross but apparently not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You would think that would be a line no one would cross but apparently not.

True believers will have no serious problem rationalizing that. Human history is quite clear on that. After all, once you believe "God is on our side" a little thing like trashing democracy and discarding it is minor. Not to mention that cheating in elections and suppressing voting is such a long standing tool of the right it should be easy for them to come to the conclusion that if they lost it merely means they were outsmarted by better cheaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Not to mention that cheating in elections and suppressing voting is such a long standing tool of the right it should be easy for them to come to the conclusion that if they lost it merely means they were outsmarted by better cheaters.

There is a lot of truth in that, I'm certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

I expect Newsmax, Fox, WesternJournal and OANN will be even handed and impartial, as usual.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

There is unlikely to be the lie count, because Biden doesn't come up with statements that are clearly falsifiable nearly as much.

False, not falsifiable. A falsifiable statement from a politician is actually a good thing, because it means they’re communicating clearly and with accountability. Politicians who try and speak only in non-falsifiable statements are the slimy ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billeisele said:

I wonder if the media will hold President Biden to the same standards as they held President Trump. Crazy thought? 

Considering how Hannity went off on Biden on his show yesterday after protecting Trump for 4 years, I am pretty sure the answer is no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Considering how Hannity went off on Biden on his show yesterday after protecting Trump for 4 years, I am pretty sure the answer is no.

Hannity has to keep his ratings up. Constantly feeding the audience with outrage is the daily diet to keep the dollars rolling in.

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-hannity-trashing-joe-biden-day-one-presidency-1563256

 

Edited by gowlerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
36 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Hannity has to keep his ratings up. Constantly feeding the audience with outrage is the daily diet to keep the dollars rolling in.

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-hannity-trashing-joe-biden-day-one-presidency-1563256

 

Hey its not on PBS where dry facts rule the marketplace. Hannity, then throw in some blonde bimbos and voila. On FOX pandering, lies, B.S. and whatever works for Murdoch is what justifies $40 million a year. His net worth from peddling lies to the right wing racist base is $250 million.

Edited by Phil1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jakee said:

False, not falsifiable. A falsifiable statement from a politician is actually a good thing, because it means they’re communicating clearly and with accountability. Politicians who try and speak only in non-falsifiable statements are the slimy ones.

Thanks; I forget about that one.

Wendy P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Considering how Hannity went off on Biden on his show yesterday after protecting Trump for 4 years, I am pretty sure the answer is no.

"Remember folks, we are the Never Biden media! We're driven by rage and hatred to declare war on a President of the United States, and that's why we tell it to you straight."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

3 3