8 8
Phil1111

President Biden, critics corner

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

On FOX pandering, lies, B.S. and whatever works for Murdoch is what justifies $40 million a year. 

That is true. It's funny to see that Fox is busy prepping for its place in the new reality by.... firing the guy who correctly called Arizona for Biden and (probably) promoting a woman who was a leading cheerleader for the fake electoral fraud story. It's like they've decided they don't need to face up to any of their failings if they just pretend the election didn't happen.

(edited)
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Let's see...Keystone. WHO. and Paris Climate Accords in the first day.

29 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

You jest (and apologies if this was already your inspiration), buuuuut....

Ted and the GOP know their base. Ted Cruz was cornered in the GOP kitchen area by a GOP supporter where they discussed the Paris agreement.. The GOP kitchen is just off the Senate swimming pool thats why they have their trunks on.

Edited by Phil1111

Airdvr, a lot of folks see those as good things to rejoin, although I've heard some pushback on Keystone in a couple of arenas. We are the richest and most technologically advanced country. We have to be at the forefront if we want to continue that way. The Iran deal is coming, too.

Before saying that we should stay the heck out of the rest of the world, remember Iraq, remember our dependence on China for goods, on plenty of countries for food to satisfy our desire for cheap variety. Those are two things -- there are lots of other ways in which we mesh with the rest of the world. We need to accept that and manage it. Not manage it like a family scoundrel you pay to stay away, but instead like a family business you're passionate about.

Wendy P.

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Airdvr, a lot of folks see those as good things to rejoin, although I've heard some pushback on Keystone in a couple of arenas. We are the richest and most technologically advanced country. We have to be at the forefront if we want to continue that way. The Iran deal is coming, too.

Before saying that we should stay the heck out of the rest of the world, remember Iraq, remember our dependence on China for goods, on plenty of countries for food to satisfy our desire for cheap variety. Those are two things -- there are lots of other ways in which we mesh with the rest of the world. We need to accept that and manage it. Not manage it like a family scoundrel you pay to stay away, but instead like a family business you're passionate about.

Wendy P.

You are right and you put it well. Just don't believe for a single second that airdvr is open to an alternative world view. He was just saying, "see, I told you so" to himself and his like believers. He must, otherwise he'd need to admit his positions were both extreme and extremely wrong. That's just the way it is.

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I like this one:

cruz-takei.png

That would be United States Senator Rafael Edward Cruz who was born in Canada and, I'm guessing here, chose Ted as a nickname so as to not sound too Canadian? He's also a graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law School and is obviously well within his rights, based on the evidence, to demand a full tuition refund.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

That would be United States Senator Rafael Edward Cruz who was born in Canada and, I'm guessing here, chose Ted as a nickname so as to not sound too Canadian? He's also a graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law School and is obviously well within his rights, based on the evidence, to demand a full tuition refund.

Canada has been getting tough on fascists for a while. This week MP(member of the Canadian Parliament) Derek Sloan a member of the conservative cabinet was booted out. He accepted a donation from a "white nationalist"."During his 15 months as an MP, Sloan has faced accusations he's racist, drawn condemnation for his views on LGBTQ rights and for his anti-abortion stance"

Paul Fromm — whose ties to white supremacist and neo-Nazi causes have long been documented — had contributed $131 (that would be $103.60 in real US bucks)to Sloan's leadership campaign.

Derek Sloan should be headed stateside shortly to join his GOP brother Mr. Cruz.

Edited by Phil1111

2 hours ago, mistercwood said:

You jest (and apologies if this was already your inspiration), buuuuut....

Oh my god.

How is this utter fucking moron a United States Senator? His ignorance is a crime against the citizens he represents. 

You literally cannot do your job properly AND be this ignorant.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

18 minutes ago, yoink said:

Oh my god.

How is this utter fucking moron a United States Senator? His ignorance is a crime against the citizens he represents. 

Hey!  America sent all its draft dodgers to Canada.and Ron, Brent, etc. were all happy with that.Then the US cancelled the XL pipeline. So Canada has decided to retaliate by exporting all its fascists to the US. As far as Princeton and Harvard goes. Everyone knows that joining the GOP is like getting a lobotomy.

2 hours ago, yoink said:

Even worse, if you pop along to place like r/conservative and the like, a considerable number of Republican voters consider him a very viable candidate for 2024...

(edited)
2 hours ago, yoink said:

Oh my god.

He probably has implants in his ears broadcasting in an endless loop: "Breathe in...Breathe out".

I saw another good burn, saying he thinks the Geneva convention was signed for the benefit of the citizens of Geneva.

Edited by obelixtim

47 minutes ago, obelixtim said:

He probably has implants in his ears broadcasting in an endless loop: "Breathe in...Breathe out".

I saw another good burn, saying he thinks the Geneva convention was signed for the benefit of the citizens of Geneva.

And why do some physicists interpret things only for people in Copenhagen?  Why are we giving money to Stanford to research particle physics if they spend their time interpreting for foreigners?  Too bad they don't care about Copper Mountain as much as they care about Copenhagen.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

And why do some physicists interpret things only for people in Copenhagen?  Why are we giving money to Stanford to research particle physics if they spend their time interpreting for foreigners?  Too bad they don't care about Copper Mountain as much as they care about Copenhagen.

Hey, it's a good job that kidnappings around the world don't suffer Stockholm syndrome. Fuck going there.

24 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Ted Cruz is no moron, really. He is pandering, Because he's pandering, it can't catch up with him (couldn't happen to a nicer guy). Because he has a GOP base.

Wendy P.

FIFY

7 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Of course they do.  We're the rubes with the money.

The whole world knows that after four years of trump its China with the money.