1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

43 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Isn't condemnation what you (Royal You AND you personally) give out when you don't agree with the subject of protest? 

The subject of Kaepernick's protest is the same as the subject of the current protests. I guess you're saying they can't win?

36 minutes ago, jakee said:

The subject of Kaepernick's protest is the same as the subject of the current protests. I guess you're saying they can't win?

That's odd, considering how well they've been taken care of by the Dems since 1965.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Agreed. 

It will be sad indeed if the only way we can see change is for police/businessowners/homeowners to start thinking "For God's sakes don't kill blacks unnecessarily, because then riots will destroy the town!"  We shouldn't even need the second part of that sentence for the first part to make sense - but that may be where we're at as a country.

That is pretty much what has to happen. That is what has worked in the past. Black people are not stupid, they know the history and have seen what works. And what does not work. Society is reaping what it has sowed.

6 hours ago, jakee said:

What's your point?

Hi jakee,

I have no idea on what turtle's point is, nor do I care.

My point is that no white American can understand what it means to be a black person in this country.  When anyone says, ' I understand . . . ' ( and that includes Joe Biden ), they are wrong.  They/I cannot understand it.

No matter how hard we try, no matter how much money we spend, there is true & deep racism in this country.  And, I have no real idea on how to correct it.  I wish that I did.

It has taken me a long time & numerous riots, but I now believe that I am closer to understanding why the black community(s) in this country do what they are doing now.

IMO the racial problem is compounded by two things:

-  The election of a black POTUS - this brought them out of the woodwork

-  A POTUS who says, 'There were good people on both sides.' - this REALLY brought them out of the woodwork

Jerry Baumchen

19 minutes ago, airdvr said:

That's odd, considering how well they've been taken care of by the Dems since 1965.

I don't believe it's the Dems' responsibility to "take care of" minorities. However, a lot of racial and other-equality laws seem to come from the Dem side more often lately. In the days of bipartisanship, they could be co-sponsored, and that made them stronger. 

What a lot of people want is a truly level playing field. One where an African-American man doesn't have to be concerned about wearing a COVID face mask. Yes, given percentages, skin tone is something that is noticed (up to a point -- the many shades seem to escape some people once you get past "not like me").

The Civil Rights bill was 55 years ago. Sounds like a long time, but what it means is that little kids who were brought up in thoroughly racist environments before it are only now approaching retirement, and people who were adults during that time are often "respected senior statesmen." Do you really think that doesn't pass on?

Wendy P.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

s 55 years ago. Sounds like a long time, but what it means is that little kids who were brought up in thoroughly racist environments before it are only now approaching retirement, and people who were adults during that time are often "respected senior statesmen." Do you really think that doesn't pass on?

Wendy P.

When there are no trees living that can remember the days before the need for an American Civil Rights Bill, we MAY be a racist free society.  (I doubt that we will, simply because of the tribalism instinct in humans.) Hopefully there will be more and more healthy strides toward that end.

Until then, we need to promote anti-racism, but in a way that isn't putting the spotlight on it.  We are on the right track.  There are going to be bumps in the road, some of them very large, like this one in Baltimore.  Its a hyper complex issue with some very good solutions, if we are patient and diligent.  We need to implement those solutions without impinging so much on the rights of everyone else though.

I believe there are always going to be some back country hold outs, but for the most part, from where we were, to where we are now, would be astounding to those in the 40's, let alone the 20's and 30's.  Can you imagine showing the pre-civil war population our society today?

No, It's not enough.  It will (May) be one day.  Until then, lets scream and protest just as loud to the violence and looting as we do for the injustice of the kneeling cop, et all.

(edited)
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

No.

How did you ever come up with that conclusion?

You said that right wingers will condemn any protest about perceived racial inequality of treatment by the authorities, no matter whether it ends up violent or stays peaceful.

Edited by jakee

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Until then, we need to promote anti-racism, but in a way that isn't putting the spotlight on it.  We are on the right track.  There are going to be bumps in the road, some of them very large, like this one in Baltimore.  Its a hyper complex issue with some very good solutions, if we are patient and diligent.

The thing is, we're not the people who have to be patient, so I'm not sure our judgment on the timeliness of progress matters.

Wendy P.

13 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The thing is, we're not the people who have to be patient, so I'm not sure our judgment on the timeliness of progress matters.

Wendy P.

We? Who are this "we" that white Texans are talking about? A bunch of fine people I'm sure.

28 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

There's a claim out there that the first guy to throw rocks is an off duty cop.

He was wearing a gas mask, so it's hard to tell, but his eyes & eyebrows are both very similar and somewhat unusual.

The claim was made privately by his ex-wife (which may or may not give it credence), who also claimed that she recognized the gas mask, boots and other clothes as ones he owned. And his voice and 'walk'.
This private claim was made public by someone else.

The cops say it wasn't him, that he was with other officers at the time. But they have yet to provide proof. 

https://www.crimeonline.com/2020/05/29/we-know-with-precision-where-that-officer-was-st-paul-police-refute-persistent-claims-that-undercover-officer-smashed-windows-sprayed-graffiti-to-provoke-rioting-in-minneapolis/

1 hour ago, jakee said:

You said that right wingers will condemn any protest about perceived racial inequality of treatment by the authorities, no matter whether it ends up violent or stays peaceful.

When did I say that?

It certainly wasn't in this thread.

7 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

IMO, this violence is choreographed, instigated, and financed by Soros money. I don't see how this chaos can erupt simultaneously in several cities around the country without an organizer.

Atlanta's mayor and chief of police just confirmed on the 6 o'clock news what I stated. They did however stop short of mentioning names. They are certain that individuals were transported to Atlanta to incite violence.

Now who do you think can afford to finance such an operation?

22 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Atlanta's mayor and chief of police just confirmed on the 6 o'clock news what I stated. They did however stop short of mentioning names. They are certain that individuals were transported to Atlanta to incite violence.

Trump could finance it. All part of his Q master plan 

13 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

Trump could finance it. All part of his Q master plan 

Q predicted it when, two months ago, he stated "12 55 43 01 00 11."  Clearly a reference to the date (May 30th) and the activity (00 11 indicating broken windows and people throwing rocks.)

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

White supremacists have been posting calls to go the riots and start trouble, and hey presto all of the arrests have been people from out of state. So you were right, but also very very wrong.

Only George Soros. There is no one else on Earth wealthy enough to pay for people to travel to Atlanta. The expense would be immense. Almost as much as a whole case of really good ammo. Maybe two. And more than likely it is all coordinated by Hilary, Hussein, and of course, Satan himself.   Patriots are losing control......

(edited)

I don't see how this chaos can erupt simultaneously in several cities around the country without an organizer.

I have some black friends in Canada who are pretty pissed off about this as well. Chaos is by definition unorganized. Will you be staying up tonight with binoculars to watch for the torches coming up into the hills to begin the race war?

Edited by gowlerk

32 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

White supremacists have been posting calls to go the riots and start trouble, and hey presto all of the arrests have been people from out of state. So you were right, but also very very wrong.

Trump has definitely brought the racists out the shadows. You can even see the thinly veiled racism in this tiny forum. Happened to be reading Obama’s response to all this in twitter. A true gentleman and yet sheer number of outright racist slurs and comments was pretty confronting 

2 minutes ago, normiss said:

Can we please start a REAL thread/discussion about the current situation without a racist title and intent????

It's actually pretty serious and VERY real tonight.

Only if someone starts a new thread. I nominate you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos can afford it, but they're too busy poisoning vaccines and engineering novel viruses to have time for this too.  So I'm guessing it's Donald Trump.