1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

12 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I know that last time Trump went to that same church he went in a motorcade. Yesterday he decided to walk, likely in direct opposition to what the Secret Service would have recommended and highly likely against their policy.

If he could have military police shoot at protesters so he can walk across, I am sure he can ask the secret service not to take him to the basement.

But sure, keep trying to twist yourself into knots to justify Dear Leader.

I was picturing something more like this:

19 minutes ago, DJL said:

I was picturing something more like this:

None of this should be unexpected. trump has been a coward and a bully all his life. Where this scene differs is when his advisor to the left of scene looks resigned at the coward king.

trump at least has surrounded himself, after diligent work and effort. With advisors that will always smile, nod and approve.

12 hours ago, normiss said:

Certainly, because every bird watcher wears military gear and a battle helmet while taking AAA weaponry to look at birds.

While it is entirely possible they were looking at birds at that moment, but it's beyond clear that is not the actual environment they are in.

Stop being intentionally daft?

He can't help it.  One has to be evil or daft to continue supporting every evil thing Trump does, and I choose to believe that he is not evil, per Hanlon's razor.

22 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

He also claimed "they" told him the church was boarded up, but "they" didn't tell him there were protesters.....

I guess that was someone else who'd been tweeting about how much fun the secret service were having fighting them. Maybe the coffee boy.

7 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I read somewhere that some evil genius had placed MAGA stickers on protesters cars and stood back as they vandalized their cohorts vehicles.  Brilliant.

"People are saying..."

"I've heard it said...."

Taking a leaf from Trump's playbook, eh?

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

"People are saying..."

"I've heard it said...."

Taking a leaf from Trump's playbook, eh?

Hi John,

And this reminds me of the Gulf of Tonkin horsepucky:  ' to gain control following “very serious rioting”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/04/william-barr-george-floyd-protests-301557

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

I read somewhere that some evil genius had placed MAGA stickers on protesters cars and stood back as they vandalized their cohorts vehicles.  Brilliant.

Even if it WERE true , why would you laud it?

That would be unnecessary criminal damage perpetrated by Trump supporters.

(edited)
48 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Man...if you can't see the humor in that you must be supporting the looters.

I can see the cleverness in it if I wanted to propagate the violence, but I wouldn’t use the world ‘brilliant’, because that would suggest that I approve of it... it has that type of connotation for me.

Edited by yoink

(edited)
8 hours ago, billvon said:

Because it's funny when guys on the other side get their property vandalized.  It's a tragedy when the guys on his side get their property vandalized.

It's more like - Karma.

If you are going to break stuff illegally, it might as well be your comrade's stuff, and not someone else's.

Edited by turtlespeed

13 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

It's more like - Karma.

If you are going to break stuff illegally, it might as well be your comrade's stuff, and not someone else's.

It's not karma if the cars belonged to people who were peacefully protesting (as the vast majority are) out of a sense of moral responsibility. It's not karma if the cars didn't belong to anyone involved at all - after all, are we expecting a rigorous checking process here?

The people out there smashing other people's stuff are behaving appallingly and there's no excuse for it. People trolling them and egging them on to see what they can cause to be smashed are just as bad. 

1 hour ago, jakee said:

It's not karma if the cars belonged to people who were peacefully protesting (as the vast majority are) out of a sense of moral responsibility. It's not karma if the cars didn't belong to anyone involved at all - after all, are we expecting a rigorous checking process here?

The people out there smashing other people's stuff are behaving appallingly and there's no excuse for it. People trolling them and egging them on to see what they can cause to be smashed are just as bad. 

Well, maybe when they see their stuff turning to shit - It will finally sink in.

The whole thing is fantasy anyway.  You are railing against an ironic joke that assumes that it was just the ANTIFA property being targeted.