1 1
turtlespeed

Nothing about this is a protest. (NSFW Racial Expletives)

36 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

How much is his want and how much is the secret service insisting on using their policies for protection?

Interesting, the president is controlled by the Secret Service. Is that the Deep State people keep talking about?

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Interesting, the president is controlled by the Secret Service. Is that the Deep State people keep talking about?

Control? No.  Policies in place that they insist on in order to protect the president and do their job, yes.

Do you know anything about security at all?

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Control? No.  Policies in place that they insist on in order to protect the president and do their job, yes.

Do you know anything about security at all?

I know that last time Trump went to that same church he went in a motorcade. Yesterday he decided to walk, likely in direct opposition to what the Secret Service would have recommended and highly likely against their policy.

If he could have military police shoot at protesters so he can walk across, I am sure he can ask the secret service not to take him to the basement.

But sure, keep trying to twist yourself into knots to justify Dear Leader.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

How much is his want and how much is the secret service insisting on using their policies for protection?

Ah, this is you defending/reinterpreting his actions again.  But again you are IN NO WAY supporting him, not like all these Speakers Corner people claim all the time, totally unfairly.  You were just asking a question! 

18 minutes ago, billvon said:

Ah, this is you defending/reinterpreting his actions again.  But again you are IN NO WAY supporting him, not like all these Speakers Corner people claim all the time, totally unfairly.  You were just asking a question! 

Exactly correct, sans the bullshit sarcasm.  Let go of the hate, Bill. 

Do you have knowledge of what the standing policy is for this situation, or do you assume and make your final decision that way?

Just because I'm willing to look for an alternate view that doesn't paint Trump as a pussy hiding in a bunker, doesn't mean I'm defending him.

If you remember - looking at all angles and all possibilities is part of critical thinking.

16 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

If you remember - looking at all angles and all possibilities is part of critical thinking.

Yep.  And taking talking points straight from FOX News is apparently critical thinking too, when the subject is Obama or Clinton.

23 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Bird watching?

Certainly, because every bird watcher wears military gear and a battle helmet while taking AAA weaponry to look at birds.

While it is entirely possible they were looking at birds at that moment, but it's beyond clear that is not the actual environment they are in.

Stop being intentionally daft?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Y'all are batting the best average yet of being wrong.

Of course we are.  You're the poor, misunderstood outsider here, being ganged up on by all the mean lefties who can't see how centrist and fair you are.

15 minutes ago, billvon said:

Of course we are.  You're the poor, misunderstood outsider here, being ganged up on by all the mean lefties who can't see how centrist and fair you are.

Why are you having so much trouble understanding this sentence.

I am biased.

Or this one? 

I am still more centrist than the rest of you, even if you won't admit your bias.

48 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I am still more centrist than the rest of you, even if you won't admit your bias.

I genuinely cannot believe that you answered the political compass questions honestly. Your posting history just does not back it up in any way shape or form.

When the subject of critique is right-leaning, you give every benefit of the doubt first. When it is left-leaning, you always assume the more nefarious intent. With one exception (AGW), this has been your pattern for months and months now.

I don't think you get your news from Fox and I don't think you're a parrot. I just don't think you're being honest with yourself.

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Y'all are batting the best average yet of being wrong.

Keep digging though.

Considering that you haven't yet addressed the fact that you are so desperate to find good things to say about Trump that it causes you to misread news stories and claim they say the exact opposite of what they really do, I don't think you've got much of a leg to stand on right now to throw around acusations of being wrong.

(edited)
8 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

From your defence of Trump's disinfectant comments, I presume you have no technical or scientific background. Neither does it seem that you have a legal background. So I'm not sure you have much evidence to back up your "critical thinking" methodology.

Although looking at possibilities is an important part of critical thinking, what's more important is PROBABILITY - and this requires training as our brains are just not very good at calculating probability (for example, Bayes' theorem - the very famous example of the Monty Hall problem).

So simply saying you're doing "critical thinking" is actually similar to saying you're doing "research" by googling. You're not really doing it properly, just only a tiny percentage of the work needed.

TL;DR:

Your "critical" thinking is as rigorous as a bit of googling is "research", which is not at all.

Edited by olofscience

6 hours ago, mistercwood said:

I genuinely cannot believe that you answered the political compass questions honestly. Your posting history just does not back it up in any way shape or form.

When the subject of critique is right-leaning, you give every benefit of the doubt first. When it is left-leaning, you always assume the more nefarious intent. With one exception (AGW), this has been your pattern for months and months now.

I don't think you get your news from Fox and I don't think you're a parrot. I just don't think you're being honest with yourself.

I suspect most people believe they are central. Same as people think they are above average most of the time. Mental filtering means that we have a distorted view of our actions.

I find it laughable though that he thinks he centrist. The slightest doubt on any dem and he piles it on. No matter how fucked up Trump is there is ALWAYS an excuse for it. 

13 hours ago, jakee said:

Being respected solely by people who exist inside the neo-fascist extreme right wing media circle jerk Q conspiracy bubble doesn't really count.

Does kallend know this? He is the one who refers to The American Thinker regularly in SC. I never heard of the publication until he sourced it.

9 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Does kallend know this? He is the one who refers to The American Thinker regularly in SC. I never heard of the publication until he sourced it.

Lol. Kallend referenced The American Thinker calling Fauci a "Deep-State Hillary Clinton–loving stooge" as one of the reasons Fauci needed physical protection from the insane right wing base.

The other time he referenced it was pointing out that it was part of the anti-AGW echo chamber along with other lunatic fringe outlets like Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh.

So yeah, I think he knows:rofl: