5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

9 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
17 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Oh no, here we go. . .

:p

To be fair though - the bottom tweet was from WHD . . . sooo

I thought we were talking about the first tweet.  It's not from October if that's what you were referring to.

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
21 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I thought we were talking about the first tweet.  It's not from October if that's what you were referring to.

:rofl:

Yep misread that one. Not enough coffee yet.

It is from the 10th though.

Yeah, I hate when they do that.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:01 PM, wmw999 said:

I think that trying to ascribe blame for Trump is less effective than trying to get someone else elected. 
Biden is not ideal, but apparently there are a lot of people who thought that he was the best choice. It’s easy to point out negatives (that’s why most of those others didn’t get selected), but he’s currently the guy who my money and effort are on to beat Trump. 
Because I’d vote for Skippy the Wonder Dog if she were the candidate — and Biden is much better than even a wonder dog. 
Wendy P. 

I hope Biden picks a really good and qualified vice presidential candidate.  They may eventually be running the country if or when Biden is no longer able.

Hmmm...

US Hospitals Getting Paid More to Label Cause of Death as ‘Coronavirus’

“Right now Medicare is determining that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you get $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator you get $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do.”

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Hmmm...

US Hospitals Getting Paid More to Label Cause of Death as ‘Coronavirus’

“Right now Medicare is determining that if you have a COVID-19 admission to the hospital you get $13,000. If that COVID-19 patient goes on a ventilator you get $39,000, three times as much. Nobody can tell me after 35 years in the world of medicine that sometimes those kinds of things impact on what we do.”

A predictable outcome of for-profit medicine.

However:
1.  given the obvious bias of the source one has to assign some level of doubt as to its accuracy.

2. undercounting due to lack of tests is a more likely problem, especially in nursing homes.

3. the criteria for reporting cause of death are far from uniform anyway.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

A predictable outcome of for-profit medicine.

However:
1.  given the obvious bias of the source one has to assign some level of doubt as to its accuracy.

2. undercounting due to lack of tests is a more likely problem, especially in nursing homes.

3. the criteria for reporting cause of death are far from uniform anyway.

This has been bouncing around FB today.
There are a couple of reasonably reputable sources reporting it, so it may well be true (no, I don't have any of the links handy). 

But, as you point out, it's a clear result of the 'for profit' health care.
Where you cannot get any accurate estimate of what a procedure will cost, where different people pay vastly different amounts for the same procedure, all of that.

And points 2 & 3 are spot on.

5 hours ago, kallend said:

It is ironic indeed that after Trump promised to repeal Obamacare, and that "We’re going to have insurance for everybody"  "I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now" people are relying on . . .  Obamacare to get them through this.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:34 PM, Phil1111 said:

I saw this earlier and one thing with restaurants is the issue with servers walking around a picking up dishes and payment and they bringing dishes to other people.  They'll need to have one person who takes dirty dishes straight to the kitchen and doesn't touch anything going out.

23 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I still cannot put together any combination of his words where he said we should inject clorox, or other chemical ourselves.

There is a vague inference that a doctor may do that as a treatment.  

To me it just seems like the left is reaching and grasping at straws.

Like those lefties in west Texas? 
https://www.ktsm.com/coronavirus-2/west-texas-poison-center-says-dont-drink-bleach-under-any-circumstances/?fbclid=IwAR2v-9rLfqMT4hAVjkWu4wHNTly6m6trSL-cek7lEwmFrmyI8-Y8VmTey-8

and others in Kansas and Georgia, etc?

Doesn't it seem strange to you that the incidence of cleaner poisonings last weekend spiked primarily in the red states?

(edited)
9 minutes ago, kallend said:

Like those lefties in west Texas? 
https://www.ktsm.com/coronavirus-2/west-texas-poison-center-says-dont-drink-bleach-under-any-circumstances/?fbclid=IwAR2v-9rLfqMT4hAVjkWu4wHNTly6m6trSL-cek7lEwmFrmyI8-Y8VmTey-8

and others in Kansas and Georgia, etc?

Doesn't it seem strange to you that the incidence of cleaner poisonings last weekend spiked primarily in the red states?

The reporting of it did, that's for sure.

I guess I just can't fathom taking the words he spoke and misunderstanding them on such a grand scale as to drink chemicals like that. <shrug>

Looking at the bright side, though, I didn't see where it said Clorox wasn't safe for Anal Bleaching, so at least we still have that.

Edited by turtlespeed

41 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I still cannot put together any combination of his words where he said we should inject clorox, or other chemical ourselves.

Well to me it sounded like he was instructing labs to research using disinfectants or UV internally.

This is like a whuffo asking PD to investigate using nets to make canopies because Luke Aikins used one in his stunt. It's a waste of valuable lab time, extremely stupid and would get people killed if they tried it.

Would you rather have labs researching this very stupid suggestion, or working on actual treatments or vaccines?

16 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Well to me it sounded like he was instructing labs to research using disinfectants or UV internally.

This is like a whuffo asking PD to investigate using nets to make canopies because Luke Aikins used one in his stunt. It's a waste of valuable lab time, extremely stupid and would get people killed if they tried it.

Would you rather have labs researching this very stupid suggestion, or working on actual treatments or vaccines?

THIS!! - I agree with this.  What Trump said was ignorant. 

He did NOT, however, instruct anyone to inject or ingest bleach. <Face Palm>

Why does the media keep insisting he did?

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Lol, so because some random guy on Twitter who voted for Trump said it, that equates to 'the left grasping at straws'?

Your reaction to Trump's speech, your constant stream of made up excuses and rationalisations for what he said that have one by one been proven conclusively wrong - that is what grasping at straws looks like, and it is the right doing it.

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

THIS!! - I agree with this.  What Trump said was ignorant. 

He did NOT, however, instruct anyone to inject or ingest bleach. <Face Palm>

Why does the media keep insisting he did?

Provide evidence that the media keeps insisting he did.