5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

THIS!! - I agree with this.  What Trump said was ignorant. 

He did NOT, however, instruct anyone to inject or ingest bleach. <Face Palm>

Why does the media keep insisting he did?

The problem is the people who take an idea like that and figure that they don't need no steenkin' experts to try it out for themselves. And since his administration has been supporting the attitude that expertise is irrelevant, and that all norms are to be questioned, why is it surprising that his supporters (and ignorant but open-minded non-supporters) will try this seemingly "easy fix?"

Wendy P.

35 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I guess I just can't fathom taking the words he spoke and misunderstanding them on such a grand scale as to drink chemicals like that. <shrug>

You know who could fathom that? Doctors. Because they know what stupid people will do with stupid suggestions.

Between you and the doctors, who do you think was right?

(edited)
18 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Why does the media keep insisting he did?

Then just tune them out, and decide for yourself if you want another 4 years of someone who appears to be so stupid that even 10 year olds know better, at the highest position in the country.

If you think that the media is biased against Trump - if so, cut out the middleman! Just follow his Twitter feed, unfiltered and unedited by any media.

He can make a complete fool of himself with no assistance at all from the media. Seriously, do it - stop listening to the news and just look at his Twitter. Straight from the man himself.

Edited by olofscience

6 minutes ago, jakee said:
44 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I guess I just can't fathom taking the words he spoke and misunderstanding them on such a grand scale as to drink chemicals like that. <shrug>

You know who could fathom that? Doctors. Because they know what stupid people will do with stupid suggestions.

And it's not just about being stupid.  Sick desperate people may do desperate things regardless of how intelligent they are. 

11 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The problem is the people who take an idea like that and figure that they don't need no steenkin' experts to try it out for themselves. And since his administration has been supporting the attitude that expertise is irrelevant, and that all norms are to be questioned, why is it surprising that his supporters (and ignorant but open-minded non-supporters) will try this seemingly "easy fix?"

Wendy P.

I guess I just can't wrap my mind around anyone being that oblivious to the hazards.

I also do not really understand people injecting drugs in their veins, ones that they cook up themselves.

It takes a really "special" kind of person to do that.

1 minute ago, olofscience said:

Then just tune them out, and decide for yourself if you want another 4 years of someone who appears to be so stupid that even 10 year olds know better, at the highest position in the country.

If you think that the media is biased against Trump - if so, cut out the middleman! Just follow his Twitter feed, unfiltered and unedited by any media.

He can make a complete fool of himself with no assistance at all from the media. Seriously, do it - stop listening to the news and just look at his Twitter. Straight from the man himself.

Yeah - you could go the absolutist way.

I prefer that you find a balance in the middle of it all.  Maybe demand that the media would maybe tell the truth instead of embellishing it. 

Whoah - that's a weird thought - Truth, and facts, not opinion and drama.

8 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I guess I just can't wrap my mind around anyone being that oblivious to the hazards.

I also do not really understand people injecting drugs in their veins, ones that they cook up themselves.

It takes a really "special" kind of person to do that.

Sadly many sheep like people will blindly follow a leader and that is why it carries such responsibility.

You or me spouting off about ‘maybe this would work’ would get little attention, a medical doctor would get far more attention and the president a lot more. People take ‘maybe this would work’ and extrapolate to I’ll give it a go

2 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
9 minutes ago, Coreece said:

And it's not just about being stupid.  Sick desperate people may do desperate things regardless of how intelligent they are. 

I don't think I said stupid

I know, I just included your post in my reply to Jakee for context which is why you received a notification.

Yeah - you could go the absolutist way.

I prefer that you find a balance in the middle of it all.  Maybe demand that the media would maybe tell the truth instead of embellishing it. 

Most of the media are private, for-profit companies if I'm not mistaken.

How could we demand anything of them if we don't pay them?

The closest you can get to influencing them via the free market is boycotting their advertisers.

So either:

1. go to twitter and get it direct from the president
  2. boycott media's advertisers
  3. get government to regulate them (and possibly violate 1st Amendment)

I think the 1st option is the most practical, feel free to try the 2nd, and I am very much against the 3rd option.

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Like this:image.png.c4d8f7cce711970c0722a3881580ce6d.png

The words start with "I was wrong, you were right . . . "and they go from there . . .

Yes, you were wrong. Since you've already had to admit that on this topic (though there are still several more lies you've peddled that you have yet to retract) I'd have thought you'd have decided to drop it by now.

To be absolutely clear - none of those headlines or articles claim that Trump instructed anyone to inject or ingest bleach. I'm going to chalk up the preceeding post as simply your standard laziness and inability to fact check, but if you still try and claim any of those three stories say that it will be nothing but a barefaced lie.

SO which is it, will you provide any actual support for your claim, or will you say you were wrong.

10 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

Sadly many sheep like people will blindly follow a leader and that is why it carries such responsibility.

You or me spouting off about ‘maybe this would work’ would get little attention, a medical doctor would get far more attention and the president a lot more. People take ‘maybe this would work’ and extrapolate to I’ll give it a go

I honestly do not know anyone (That I am aware of) that could go that far.

18 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

On this subject they are telling the truth. You are lying about what they say for the purpose of creating drama and pushing your opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

I honestly do not know anyone (That I am aware of) that could go that far.

You don't have to deal with them. Doctors have to deal with them. Doctors were appalled at what Trump said. Doctors were right.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

Yes, you were wrong. Since you've already had to admit that on this topic (though there are still several more lies you've peddled that you have yet to retract) I'd have thought you'd have decided to drop it by now.

To be absolutely clear - none of those headlines or articles claim that Trump instructed anyone to inject or ingest bleach. I'm going to chalk up the preceeding post as simply your standard laziness and inability to fact check, but if you still try and claim any of those three stories say that it will be nothing but a barefaced lie.

SO which is it, will you provide any actual support for your claim, or will you say you were wrong.

Correct they all say that he suggested it, which is patently false.  You know this.  You just cant admit you were wrong.   I get it.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Most of the media are private, for-profit companies if I'm not mistaken.

How could we demand anything of them if we don't pay them?

The closest you can get to influencing them via the free market is boycotting their advertisers.

So either:

1. go to twitter and get it direct from the president
  2. boycott media's advertisers
  3. get government to regulate them (and possibly violate 1st Amendment)

I think the 1st option is the most practical, feel free to try the 2nd, and I am very much against the 3rd option.

I'll let you follow your own advice and wait for you to let me know how it works out for you.

About two weeks ought to do it.

I'll wait.^_^

Edited by turtlespeed

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

On this subject they are telling the truth. You are lying about what they say for the purpose of creating drama and pushing your opinion.

OK - then - all you have to do is show where he suggested that individuals should inject themselves with chemicals. and I will admit you are 100% correct.

The headline that suggests that he did is drama and embellishment, and you know it.

I'll let you follow your own advice and wait for you to let me know how it works out for you.

About two weeks ought to do it.

I'll wait.

I'll save you the wait - I've done that ages ago with the Tweeter in chief, and it's painfully obvious to me how stupid he is. Even now, when confronted by ridiculous media headlines, I head for his Twitter account just to check if they're embellishing or mis-interpreting. Usually not.

You're welcome.

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Correct they all say that he suggested it, which is patently false. 

That is a barefaced lie. He absolutely did suggest that injecting disinfectant could be a cure for Coronavirus. The headlines are accurate, and the body of the stories clarify beyond doubt exactly what his meaning was (with the exception of Al Jazeera, which remains vague but does not support your allegation). For you to suggest that any of them are dishonest is a barefaced lie on your part.

You just cant admit you were wrong. 

Show me to be wrong and I'll admit it. Show me the stories in the media which say Trump instructed anyone to inject themselves with bleach.

You can't, and you know you can't. So where is your admission that you were wrong?

10 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

OK - then - all you have to do is show where he suggested that individuals should inject themselves with chemicals. and I will admit you are 100% correct.

The headline that suggests that he did is drama and embellishment, and you know it.

You are confused. There is no need for me to show he suggested individuals inject themselves with chemicals because there are no stories that say he suggested that individuals should inject themselves with chemicals. There are no headlines that say he told anyone to self administer chemicals. They do not exist. You. Are. Lying.

What is it that drives you to behave like a pathetic sycophant of an individual you claim to not even like?

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I still cannot put together any combination of his words where he said we should inject clorox, or other chemical ourselves.

There is a vague inference that a doctor may do that as a treatment.  

To me it just seems like the left is reaching and grasping at straws.

No, he didn't recommend it.  He did what's called "floating it".  He floated a stupid fucking idea that shows no understanding and comes out of thin air and in effect is wasting everyone's time.  He got shot down and shot down really fucking quickly because of how dumb of an idea this was.  The first people to shoot it down were the reporters in the audience, the next was whoever took the podium next and finally the next day he did himself by saying he was just saying it to get a reaction.  Fortunatelly this didn't get to the stage of the incorrect things he said during his state of the union which caused panic at airports and with trading partners and had to be clarified by official Whitehouse announcements and it didn't go as far as his push for hydroxychloroquine which wasted a lot of time and resulted in one person in charge of it's testing being fired over his protests.

The system worked.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, jakee said:

That is a barefaced lie. He absolutely did suggest that injecting disinfectant could be a cure for Coronavirus. The headlines are accurate, and the body of the stories clarify beyond doubt exactly what his meaning was (with the exception of Al Jazeera, which remains vague but does not support your allegation). For you to suggest that any of them are dishonest is a barefaced lie on your part.

Show me to be wrong and I'll admit it. Show me the stories in the media which say Trump instructed anyone to inject themselves with bleach.

You can't, and you know you can't. So where is your admission that you were wrong?

Show me the text where he suggested people should inject themselves with chemicals then.

You can't, because he didn't.

Edited by turtlespeed

5 minutes ago, DJL said:

No, he didn't recommend it.  He did what's called "floating it".  He floated a stupid fucking idea that shows no understanding and comes out of thin air and in effect is wasting everyone's time.  He got shot down and shot down really fucking quickly because of how dumb of an idea this was.  The first people to shoot it down were the reporters in the audience, the next was whoever took the podium next and finally the next day he did himself by saying he was just saying it to get a reaction.  Fortunatelly this didn't get to the stage of the incorrect things he said during his state of the union which caused panic at airports and with trading partners and had to be clarified by official Whitehouse announcements and it didn't go as far as his push for hydroxychloroquine which wasted a lot of time and resulted in one person in charge of it's testing being fired over his protests.

The system worked.

Yes - he was spitballing ideas - not a very prudent action - 

The press would have you believe that he did it maliciously.  Jakee too.

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Show me the text where he suggested people should inject themselves with chemicals then.

Why should I? I don't need to support a claim that no one is making. You claimed that the media is saying he instructed people to inject themselves with bleach, and you have utterly failed to provide any examples of any media stories saying that.

Stop trying to deflect attention away from your own lies and just admit you were wrong. It really shoud be easy enough, you wrote out the fucking template only a couple of posts ago.