5 5
gowlerk

covid-19

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Latest right wing "virus hoax" claim -

Tucker Carlson claims that the left is staging a "flu d'etat" where they are trying to illegally remove Trump from office and "crush you" by . . . . pretending COVID-19 is dangerous.

I have said it previously on these pages, so please forgive the repetition, but the only thing I truly feel these day's is an increasing level of contempt for those who continue to support Trump or attempt to explain away what he says and does. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jakee said:

My favourite bit of that (paraphrasing) - 

Trump to reporter: I was talking to you, I was looking at you when I said it.

Reporter: No you weren't. I wasn't there.

Trump: <Turns to other reporter> I was looking at you!

Other reporter: No, you were looking at Dr. Birx.

So trustworthy. So very trustworthy:rofl:

Is there video? 

43 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I have said it previously on these pages, so please forgive the repetition, but the only thing I truly feel these day's is an increasing level of contempt for those who continue to support Trump or attempt to explain away what he says and does. 

Hi Joe,

On the other hand, I find it interesting that some of 'those who continue to support Trump or attempt to explain away what he says and does' have been so silent lately.  Not a word in quite some time.  Including some very long time posters.

Hmmmmm,

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

On the other hand, I find it interesting that some of 'those who continue to support Trump or attempt to explain away what he says and does' have been so silent lately.  Not a word in quite some time.  Including some very long time posters.

Hmmmmm,

Jerry Baumchen

Maybe they injected bleach?

I see Trump pulled the ‘I was only joking’ card

53 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Hmmmmm,

Jerry Baumchen

Because they are only slightly smarter than trump. Soon the usual characters will deny voting or supporting trump. A year from now they will deny knowing who trump is.

A year from now there will be only the record of eight trillion($3T to 2020, $4T so far in 2020 plus another $1T for rest of the year) in additional debt from his presidency.

Unsaid are the lives his stupidity cost.

23 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Because they are only slightly smarter than trump. Soon the usual characters will deny voting or supporting trump. A year from now they will deny knowing who trump is.

A year from now there will be only the record of eight trillion($3T to 2020, $4T so far in 2020 plus another $1T for rest of the year) in additional debt from his presidency.

Unsaid are the lives his stupidity cost.

I think some already publicly deny voting for Trump and yet based on their world views it is difficult to see how they don’t. 

I think that trying to ascribe blame for Trump is less effective than trying to get someone else elected. 
Biden is not ideal, but apparently there are a lot of people who thought that he was the best choice. It’s easy to point out negatives (that’s why most of those others didn’t get selected), but he’s currently the guy who my money and effort are on to beat Trump. 
Because I’d vote for Skippy the Wonder Dog if she were the candidate — and Biden is much better than even a wonder dog. 
Wendy P. 

5 hours ago, billvon said:

Latest right wing "virus hoax" claim -

Tucker Carlson claims that the left is staging a "flu d'etat" where they are trying to illegally remove Trump from office and "crush you" by . . . . pretending COVID-19 is dangerous.

Sounds like a cue from Q.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Because I’d vote for Skippy the Wonder Dog if she were the candidate — and Biden is much better than even a wonder dog. 

Hi Wendy,

That is why, about 6 months ago, I put a sticker on my car:  'Any Functioning Adult 2020'

ABT - Anyone But Trump

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Like most of us, Joe Biden does not walk on water.  But, what a relief he would be compared to Our National Idiot.

23 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

They said that about Carter too.:/

They said that until they realized he was.  

I think I would rather have Carter than Biden though.  He doesn't seem quite as Alzheimerish.

Jimmy Carter is probably the best example about Christians living a life of integrity. If he lied while president it was probably in the national interest. Iran was not his fault.

FOX has obviously done a good job on you re Biden. While he's not the best of the democratic candidates. At least he has a history of surrounding himself with good advisors.He knows when to keep his mouth shut.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Jimmy Carter is probably the best example about Christians living a life of integrity. If he lied while president it was probably in the national interest. Iran was not his fault.

FOX has obviously done a good job on you re Biden. While he's not the best of the democratic candidates. At least he has a history of surrounding himself with good advisors.He knows when to keep his mouth shut.

His response to Iran was his fault.  He didn't have the spine to be POTUS.  He couldn't make the hard decisions. That may have been because if his religious beliefs.  I don't want religion ruling the decisions the POTUS has to make when his the office's back is against the wall.

I think Obama did very well in that.

I think the current POTUS has dealt with certain terrorists well also.

I do NOT think Biden will be able to.

Question - Was Biden for, or against Obama regarding the Bin Laden mission?

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
18 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Maybe they injected bleach?

I see Trump pulled the ‘I was only joking’ card

Never underestimate stupidity. Prescriptions for two antimalarial drugs jumped by 46 times the average when the president praised them on TV as a coronavirus treatment.

A very good story about how a single diner in a Chinese restaurant spread it to nine others up to 15' away.

So you want to go for a haircut, to a gym, or restaurant?

Edited by Phil1111

17 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Trump?  Isn't he the boy who brings the cofveve?

On 4/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, airdvr said:

Yes...Mountain View...Santa Clara county

My family in Torrence and Tarzana (LA) are thinking the same thing. All of them got what they describe as the worst chest infection they’ve ever had.

One was diagnosed with bronchitis, another with pneumonia.

47 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I thought Sophia Petrillo could've done a pretty good impression if she was still around.

That was a character in Golden Girls. The actress who portrayed her was Estelle Getty who died in 2008.

16 minutes ago, ryoder said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

I thought Sophia Petrillo could've done a pretty good impression if she was still around.

That was a character in Golden Girls. The actress who portrayed her was Estelle Getty who died in 2008.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I went with Sophia because she shares more of a resemblance to Fauci.  If someone didn't know who either of those people were and searched for Estelle Getty, they may not see that resemblance.