wmw999

US Presence in Iraq

We invaded in the first place. Now they want us gone. 

If we stay, how are we making anything better other than perceived penis size? It's their country, not ours. We have messed up so royally, I can't imagine what we gain by remaining there, that isn't way over topped by what we lose by remaining with their not wanting us. 

Wendy P.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

If we stay, how are we making anything better other than perceived penis size? It's their country, not ours. We have messed up so royally, I can't imagine what we gain by remaining there, that isn't way over topped by what we lose by remaining with their not wanting us. 

Wendy P.

Simple. You broke it, you own it. Good luck getting out now.

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy, you've heard me say it before - the war was over in 2003; after that it was an occupation. In my opinion; once someone puts in a Cinnabon, Starbucks and a Pizza Hut - it was time to go home. Maybe that's our future exit plan. Build a Starbucks - go home. 

30 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Well...don't hear much about ISIS anymore.

And I suppose you think that means that the west, in the form of the mighty US military has changed all the "hearts and minds"? Yes, the local population has been suppressed for a while. So what.

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

Well...don't hear much about ISIS anymore.

Then you aren't listening.

They got frisky in Syria, along the Turkish border, when Trump pulled all the SF guys out. 

The Kurds were too busy trying not to get slaughtered by the Turks to do anything to stop them. 

There's a good argument that they will take advantage of the chaos caused by Trump's attack to stage more attacks. Like these:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/01/05/iraqi-troops-killed-in-attack-by-isis-as-rockets-fall-in-green-zone-iraqis-say/

(edited)

F**k them all, pull out and let the Taliban,  ISIS, al-Qaeda, Assad, the Turks the Russians, the Pakiesthe Iranians, the Houthi's, the Saudi's and others kill each other to their hearts delight.  We don't need their oil, (thanks to fracking and shale oil).  We just need to ban the press from covering the resulting carnage so the bleeding heart lefties, and the neo-con nation builders don't cry out for intervention.

Edited by brenthutch

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

F**k them all, pull out and let the Taliban,  ISIS, al-Qaeda, Assad, the Turks the Russians, the Iranians, the Houthi's,

Heck yeah!  Let every single one of them die!  USA!  USA!  Fuck everyone else!

the Saudi's and others kill each other to their hearts delight.  

Woah there - do you know how many millions the Saudis send to Trump every year?  And part of that is taxable.  Why, they are supporting the US financially!  Why do you hate the US so much?

(edited)
1 minute ago, billvon said:

Heck yeah!  Let every single one of them die!  USA!  USA!  Fuck everyone else!

Woah there - do you know how many millions the Saudis send to Trump every year?  And part of that is taxable.  Why, they are supporting the US financially!  Why do you hate the US so much?

I didn't know that you were a big GWB supporter. I think that it would be better for all involved to sort out their own problems without "big brother" imposing his will. 

Edited by brenthutch

51 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

F**k them all, pull out and let the Taliban,  ISIS, al-Qaeda, Assad, the Turks the Russians, the Pakiesthe Iranians, the Houthi's, the Saudi's and others kill each other to their hearts delight.  We don't need their oil, (thanks to fracking and shale oil).  We just need to ban the press from covering the resulting carnage so the bleeding heart lefties, and the neo-con nation builders don't cry out for intervention.

Looking back in history, the entire ME looks a lot more peaceful before the US started meddling in their business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, normiss said:

Looking back in history, the entire ME looks a lot more peaceful before the US started meddling in their business.

I don't think it ever looked peaceful, but the West certainly didn't help things when it carved up the region after WWI.  And we did not help when we intervened.     

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Do you have ANY idea how monumentally short sighted that is?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Maybe the USA should have thought of that before they stuck their noses in and broke it?

Honestly it’s that attitude that makes some people say fuck americans

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I don't think it ever looked peaceful, but the West certainly didn't help things when it carved up the region after WWI.

Like the West never looked peaceful. For example which region started WW1? 

On 1/11/2020 at 7:05 PM, turtlespeed said:

Do you have ANY idea how monumentally short sighted that is?

Not to mention unconstitutional. But hey, for Brent all that comes second to USA MOTHERFUCKING OIL, BABY!!! WOOOOO!!!

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Because by then the senators who were pushing for the killing could help him with the impeachment.

Bingo.

There are now reports coming out that the attack had nothing to do with Iran, nukes or terrorism.

It was all about getting R Senators to 'owe' Trump in advance of the Impeachment 'trial' in the Senate.