1 1
brenthutch

Just a reminder

On 5/21/2019 at 11:42 PM, richravizza said:

I'll keep an eye on option pricing and PM you on any big volume.

5 year return 0%,down 50% from its high,damn it is a stinker.

$188 is the bottom,if it breaks below that for more than three trading days, LOOK OUT BELOW.

It’s $185 right now 

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I’m just pointing out that Musk is not the infallible visionary that many folks thought him to be.

Visionaries are almost by definition fallible. You may want to look up the definition of visionary.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a visionary. But since we haven't reached the goals he envisioned his lemming followers must be idiots right?

Probably also a good time to point out that Musk as an infallible visionary is most likely one of your fine strawmen arguments and not something widely believed.

11 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

The same as Ford, except that Ford is down 50% in five years and has announced that it will pretty much no longer make cars.

Or, take a flier. Invest in Uber. It lost a cool Billion in the last quarter!

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

As you like to say in other posts you have made, "Did you even read the article you posted?". If so, please cut-and-paste the text from the LAtimes that compares Tesla sales directly against Mercedes Benz.

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

"Tesla’s sales of its Model 3 perked up in the U.S. in May, according to estimates from the website InsideEVs, after a round of price cuts.

That goosed Tesla’s depressed stock price, which jumped 8% to close Tuesday at $193.60."

1 hour ago, billvon said:

"Tesla’s sales of its Model 3 perked up in the U.S. in May, according to estimates from the website InsideEVs, after a round of price cuts.

That goosed Tesla’s depressed stock price, which jumped 8% to close Tuesday at $193.60."

Chevy stock - in the $30 range, Ford - about $10. I'd say that looks to make Tesla the best value American car manufacturer. They're also the most valuable American car manufacturer.

19 hours ago, billvon said:

With most of the tax credits expiring after June, I would expect to see a bump in sales.  Anyone wanting a Tesla this year will buy one this month, cannibalizing future sales.  Let’s see how Q3 goes.

==========================

Tesla Soars as Model 3 Paces Record Quarter of Deliveries

Dana Hull - Bloomberg

July 2, 2019

Tesla Inc. shares surged in late trading as a record quarter of deliveries alleviated the worst fears about demand for the Elon Musk-led company’s electric vehicles.

The Model 3 maker handed over 95,200 cars to customers in the three months that ended in June, exceeding the previous best mark set in the last quarter of 2018. Tesla’s delivery count exceeded all but one analyst’s estimate in a Bloomberg News survey.

Tesla shares soared as much as 9.1% in late trading Tuesday in New York, which would be the biggest gain of 2019 on a closing basis. The stock was down 33% for the year through the end of regular trading, in part due to demand concerns that the company’s billionaire chief executive officer has repeatedly disputed.

============================

8 hours ago, billvon said:

==========================

Tesla Soars as Model 3 Paces Record Quarter of Deliveries

Dana Hull - Bloomberg

July 2, 2019

Tesla Inc. shares surged in late trading as a record quarter of deliveries alleviated the worst fears about demand for the Elon Musk-led company’s electric vehicles.

The Model 3 maker handed over 95,200 cars to customers in the three months that ended in June, exceeding the previous best mark set in the last quarter of 2018. Tesla’s delivery count exceeded all but one analyst’s estimate in a Bloomberg News survey.

Tesla shares soared as much as 9.1% in late trading Tuesday in New York, which would be the biggest gain of 2019 on a closing basis. The stock was down 33% for the year through the end of regular trading, in part due to demand concerns that the company’s billionaire chief executive officer has repeatedly disputed.

============================

excellent !!!!! - 

Now he should redistribute the profits to make the vehicles more affordable to everyone.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

excellent !!!!! - 

Now he should redistribute the profits to make the vehicles more affordable to everyone.

?? He's making those vehicles more affordable to everyone.  $75,000 to $35,000 in three years.  And he's making a lot of money doing it.  Surely the American dream.

I'd like to see the actual numbers per model. I of course helped out the record numbers by taking delivery of my Model S last quarter. It is such an amazing car. Owning it less than a month and due to over-the-air updates it drives (literally when it drives itself) better than when I first bought it.

17 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

I'd like to see the actual numbers per model. I of course helped out the record numbers by taking delivery of my Model S last quarter. It is such an amazing car. Owning it less than a month and due to over-the-air updates it drives (literally when it drives itself) better than when I first bought it.

From what I can tell, 77,550 model 3's, the rest model S and X. 

Just now, billvon said:

the rest model S and X.

That is what I'm curious on. Would be interesting to see what type of boost the new Raven models had on the S & X individually. I would guess not much on the X. But the improved performance and free Ludicrous had to help out the S. 

3 hours ago, billvon said:

?? He's making those vehicles more affordable to everyone.  $75,000 to $35,000 in three years.  And he's making a lot of money doing it.  Surely the American dream.

Tesla is NOT making money, it is loosing money.  Now that the subsidies have been cut, I anticipate a huge drop in demand, just like the first quarter.