1 1
brenthutch

Just a reminder

22 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Last year I predicted that Tesla would go bankrupt within five years.  Looks like I may have been too generous.

Fun how certain perspectives in history can repeat itself.Americas dependents on foreign oil to  American dependents on REE from CHINA!!

LOL Your not actually shorting it, are you?

29 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, I am into real estate now.  My years of high risk, high reward are behind me now. I have a family to consider.

I'll keep an eye on option pricing and PM you on any big volume.

5 year return 0%,down 50% from its high,damn it is a stinker.

$188 is the bottom,if it breaks below that for more than three trading days, LOOK OUT BELOW.

"Trade Wars" and Tariffs could be the black swan.

(edited)
1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

No black swan needed.  Poor sales and poor management will be enough.

If he didn't care so much about making a profit, then everyone would be able to afford them - 

Tesla and Elon must be no better than Masanto or Big Pharm!

<That's sarcasm for those that take themselves too seriously>

Edited by turtlespeed
too

38 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

You can't really expect them to address their own shortcomings.

You won't get them to admit they were wrong either.

I can only hope that a steady diet of reality can set their minds straight.  Just like the AGW thing.  

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I predicted five years.  Do you still want to bet?

Sorry, I thought you were posting how it was going to happen earlier and then commenting how there were crickets.

So if you don't want to commit to an earlier date, what was the point of the post?

(edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, brenthutch said:

No, I am into real estate now.  My years of high risk, high reward are behind me now. I have a family to consider.

Real estate - really?  And from the tone of your posts I thought you were at least a Nobel laureate in physics and chemistry with a Fields medal for good measure.

Edited by kallend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Sorry, I thought you were posting how it was going to happen earlier and then commenting how there were crickets.

So if you don't want to commit to an earlier date, what was the point of the post?

It looks like it will be closer to one year than five years.  Once the back ordered model 3s were delivered, demand dried up.  Model S is long in the tooth and sales are in the hundreds not thousands.  

(edited)
3 hours ago, kallend said:

Real estate - really?  And from the tone of your posts I thought you were at least a Nobel laureate in physics and chemistry with a Fields medal for good measure.

I OWN real estate I don’t sell it and I run a small DZ.  Not bad for a 55 year old retired bank officer and Army Ranger.  As far as credentials are concerned my MBA will have to suffice.  

I have to say, I am flattered you consider the content of my posts equal to a Noble laureate in physics.  I will endeavor to maintain your admiration.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It looks like it will be closer to one year than five years.  Once the back ordered model 3s were delivered, demand dried up.  Model S is long in the tooth and sales are in the hundreds not thousands.  

If last year you made the 5 year prediction and now you are saying it will be closer to a 1 year, then December 31, 2019 shouldn't be a problem. It would be more than a year, so I am even giving you a buffer. 

So, since you were so pedantic about "crickets" lets put $5,000 on the line.

36 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

If last year you made the 5 year prediction and now you are saying it will be closer to a 1 year, then December 31, 2019 shouldn't be a problem. It would be more than a year, so I am even giving you a buffer. 

I haven’t heard “wanna make a bet” since grade school.  Also you may want to crack open a dictionary before using words like pedantic.  You also may want to work on your calendar and maths skills as well. (One year ago is May 2018 and “closer than one year than five years”) can be greater than one year.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

I was under the impression that international betting was illegal.

Musk wont go bankrupt.Elon will be just fine, LOL

Mom and Pop shareholders not so good.

His following are too emotionally invested into their ideology, and won't allow it.They are willing to give up their children literally,for the cause.  

Tesla can bleed billions from profitable SpaceX business segments for years. A modern day Fisker,deeper pockets.

12 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It looks like it will be closer to one year than five years.

The thing with Tesla is people have been predicting its imminent demise since it started. The amount of Shorts that have lost money betting against Tesla is legendary, so yet another prediction against them isn't really "news".

I always assumed Tesla wouldn't make it long term, but whatever happens, I stand in awe of what Elon has already accomplished. 

12 hours ago, richravizza said:

Musk wont go bankrupt.Elon will be just fine, LOL

Mom and Pop shareholders not so good.

His following are too emotionally invested into their ideology, and won't allow it.They are willing to give up their children literally,for the cause.  

Tesla can bleed billions from profitable SpaceX business segments for years. A modern day Fisker,deeper pockets.

Sounds like Enron.

15 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I haven’t heard “wanna make a bet” since grade school.  Also you may want to crack open a dictionary before using words like pedantic.  You also may want to work on your calendar and maths skills as well. (One year ago is May 2018 and “closer than one year than five years”) can be greater than one year.

So not willing to put your money where your mouth is. Got it.