1 1
brenthutch

Just a reminder

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Sounds like Enron.

Not really. IIRC, the "Mom and Pops" Enron screwed were the employees who had all of their 401k money in the company stock.

Any "Mom and Pop" shareholders who are putting their life savings in Tesla stock are idiots. But I haven't heard of any of these "parents willing to give up their children" for Tesla, whatever that means. 

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

So not willing to put your money where your mouth is. Got it.

What are the terms exactly?

If he receives a bailout - does that count as going under or "Not filing Bankruptcy?

Closer to one year from five years - that seems that it is less than 2.5 years.

These things need to be specified.

2 hours ago, SethInMI said:

Not really. IIRC, the "Mom and Pops" Enron screwed were the employees who had all of their 401k money in the company stock.

Any "Mom and Pop" shareholders who are putting their life savings in Tesla stock are idiots. But I haven't heard of any of these "parents willing to give up their children" for Tesla, whatever that means. 

Its kind of like those with blind faith in Trump.

They will defend him to the bitter end no matter what - they have him as their guy!

They will ride the ship down with him if it does sink, and they will look surprised when they drown.

22 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

What are the terms exactly?

If he receives a bailout - does that count as going under or "Not filing Bankruptcy?

Closer to one year from five years - that seems that it is less than 2.5 years.

These things need to be specified.

Completes a bankruptcy prior to December 31, 2019. If you don't understand what a bankruptcy is, there are resources available if you google.

May 18 to December 31, 2019 is 18 months. 18 Months is closer to 12 months than 60 months.

But you have already indicated you are unwilling to bet, so really not interested discussing terms with a partner unable to complete a transaction.

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Completes a bankruptcy prior to December 31, 2019. If you don't understand what a bankruptcy is, there are resources available if you google.

May 18 to December 31, 2019 is 18 months. 18 Months is closer to 12 months than 60 months.

But you have already indicated you are unwilling to bet, so really not interested discussing terms with a partner unable to complete a transaction.

Not unable - unwilling - 

I tend not to do things that are illegal.

15 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I guess not.

But we can have all the guns we want.

We win.

Meh, we can own pretty much all the guns we want too.

We are just confident enough in our penis size that we don't feel the need to carry them around all the time.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:25 PM, SkyDekker said:

My original point was that Tesla was a flash in the pan, that would likely not be around in five years.  

Apparently, you would argue, if Tesla is sold off or is reorganized into a company that makes soap or tampons, it is still Tesla and you would claim victory.  Now THAT is pedantic 

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

My original point was that Tesla was a flash in the pan, that would likely not be around in five years.  

Apparently, you would argue, if Tesla is sold off or is reorganized into a company that makes soap or tampons, it is still Tesla and you would claim victory.  Now THAT is pedantic 

Eh? If Tesla is sold off but keep making Teslas as a division of another company then in what way would you not be wrong?

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

And if Tesla went bankrupt due to taking on other lines of business you would argue electric cars are not viable.

(edited)
5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Tesla Motors was founded in 2003. Elon Musk purchased a major stake in 2008 and it has been producing cars since then. So, five years from when?

Edited by gowlerk

56 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, I would argue Tesla is not viable...which was my original point.

Tesla may or may not make it in it's current form. Investors may take a bath. However their technology will live on. A merger with an established car maker picking up the pieces could be in the future. But the gigafactory will continue churning out product. You may live to gloat some more, but the world will keep on changing as you age.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No, I would argue Tesla is not viable...which was my original point.

The company is now 15 years old and has produced over 600,000 cars so far.  It has a market cap of $33 billion, higher than the market cap of Chrysler.  They employ 45,000 people.  They almost singlehandedly launched a whole new industry.

Not bad for a company that is "not viable."

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Tesla may or may not make it in it's current form. Investors may take a bath. However their technology will live on. A merger with an established car maker picking up the pieces could be in the future. But the gigafactory will continue churning out product. You may live to gloat some more, but the world will keep on changing as you age.

Their current level of technology share around the world is rather impressive.

Mercedes Benz is starting commercial electric semi-truck services in Germany.

Self driving will be the next change to it - we're in for major changes to transportation, trucking, and logistics.

The tertiary businesses that currently depend on fossil fuels, and those that depend on human customers, are likely to feel it first.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

The company is now 15 years old and has produced over 600,000 cars so far.  It has a market cap of $33 billion, higher than the market cap of Chrysler.  They employ 45,000 people.  They almost singlehandedly launched a whole new industry.

Not bad for a company that is "not viable."

So - It's about time for them to need a Bail Out.

Would the bet include the bail out?  Even if the without the bail out there would be no chance?