John Mc Cain

Relax, There’s one in The Bonfire.

Only contentious threads need to be in here and there’s only one person on the planet who might be enough of a dick to say something contentious about Senator McCain.

I don’t think he posts here.

Old school. Truth, straight shooter.

Now with the new crop of trump cultists. Forget compromise.

White House flags return to full staff less than 48 hours after McCain's death
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403734-white-house-flags-return-to-full-staff-after-mccains-death

Mccain, Hero for all Americans to look up to....................trump, white trash, soon a convicted felon in NY,NY courts.

Yes, there's a 'funny' concept you may not be aware of, you can recognise that someone is an honourable person with good intentions, while still disagreeing with their politics. I think you'd find it hard to dig up examples of the commentators in this thread mocking McCain or attacking him on a personal level the way that Trump has.

Despite the fact tht McCain's biggest mistake - pandering to the Tea Party and running with Palin - arguable helped set the stage for Trump's nomination.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

airdvr

You guys are funny. I don't recall any of you saying anything like this when he ran for President.

For years I was saying that I wanted a chance to vote for McCain for president.
But then when he finally got the nomination, he suddenly started sucking up to Dubya, chose a fruit-loop for VP, and campaigned like he wanted to be Dubya 2.0.
So I believed him, and voted for the other party.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

airdvr

You guys are funny. I don't recall any of you saying anything like this when he ran for President.

Because he made a horrible job of it.

Most people (you know, people with some decency), tend to look at a mans life and try say something positive in a eulogy. It's just a nice thing to do. What's the point of bashing a dead man?

That doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes, or that he would have made a good president.

That you would use this as some kind of internet political point scoring says far more about you than anyone else in the thread.

yoink

***You guys are funny. I don't recall any of you saying anything like this when he ran for President.

Because he made a horrible job of it.

Most people (you know, people with some decency), tend to look at a mans life and try say something positive in a eulogy. It's just a nice thing to do. What's the point of bashing a dead man?

That doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes, or that he would have made a good president.

That you would use this as some kind of internet political point scoring says far more about you than anyone else in the thread.

Don't need to score points. Just pointing out the irony.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>I don't recall any of you saying anything like this when he ran for President.

Because he would not made a very good president. It would be as if Lance Armstrong ran for president. He was an amazing athlete and his LiveStrong campaign has done tremendous good for millions of sick people. If he died there would be glowing eulogies as well, concentrating on the good he has done for cancer awareness. But he wouldn't have made a good president, either.

(Although to be fair McCain would have made a much better president than Trump.)

airdvr

My concerns in 2008 related to his choice of running mate, not his character.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I was going to vote for him up until I figured out that Palin was a loon. That's when I started to realize that the Tea Party was sending the GOP in a direction I could no longer support, had only ever voted R up to that election.

What I can't stand right now is everyone (expecially NPR, holy shit) falling all over themselves using his words as anti-Trump propaganda over his dead body. Take this for instance. Watch the first part to get the feel (blah blah, huge smiles, we loved McCain, blah blah), then skip to 3:55 as she tries to pin him into anti-Trump statements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnC0seSAYSg

And this, folks is why I don't read or watch CNN.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Good quote from Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA) - "Anybody who in any way tarnishes the reputation of John McCain deserves a whipping. Because most of the ones who would do the wrong thing about John McCain didn't have the guts to do the right thing when it was their turn."

I keep hearing people say on the radio that there will never be another John McCain. That maybe so. But the land that loves to worship military heroes still has Tammy Duckworth to love.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

His daughter at the memorial today:

We gather here to mourn the passing of American greatness — the real thing, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice he gave so willingly, nor the opportunistic appropriation of those who lived lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Faicon9493

I think that if John McCain had really had it in for Trump, he would have insisted that Trump attend the funeral and speak. Trump would have surely shot himself in the foot as only he can, especially if he had to follow Obama's eulogy.

:D:D

Good point.

Interestingly, today I have been viewing a compendium of videos depicting the strong dislike or hatred of McCain by Vietnam Veterans.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Whatever it takes to feed your hate, right?

I find it remarkable how adaptable the morals of Trump supporters are. All that has to happen is for someone to take a position for or against someone, and his supporters obediently adjust their opinions accordingly.

RonD1120

***I think that if John McCain had really had it in for Trump, he would have insisted that Trump attend the funeral and speak. Trump would have surely shot himself in the foot as only he can, especially if he had to follow Obama's eulogy.

:D:D

Good point.

Interestingly, today I have been viewing a compendium of videos depicting the strong dislike or hatred of McCain by Vietnam Veterans.

Well, just because they put on a uniform doesn't mean they're not gullible fucking idiots.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jcd11235

***Interestingly, today I have been viewing a compendium of videos depicting the strong dislike or hatred of McCain by Vietnam Veterans.

Whatever it takes to feed your hate, right?

Or your ego driven fantasies.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.