brenthutch

Trump won because...

Now the question is: where does our education system fail? (I'm also referencing the videos linked in the twitter accounts from another thread of schools having to close for fear of unruly students)

How do we elevate the next generation out of this cesspool of negativity?
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Trump has said his plan is to privatize college loans, strip funding from the Education Dept, remove the Office for Civil Rights, remove Title IX, and a desire to remove Title I.
:|
Given his lack of belief and commitment to science....I'm almost out of words.
It's not like he will read any of these bills though.

brenthutch

Too many white, uneducated, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, Christian :(, redneck, bigots came down from the hills, out of the woods, caves and trailer parks, to poison our political process and steal President Obama's legacy.

#stopthehate

;)

You might be only partially correct. Read this.

http://billmoyers.com/story/farewell-america/

normiss

Trump has said his plan is to privatize college loans, strip funding from the Education Dept, remove the Office for Civil Rights, remove Title IX, and a desire to remove Title I.

Do you think he actually believes any of what he spewed?

I have a theory that his speeches are really a variation of "Cold Reading": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading
But he does it with a crowd, instead of an individual.
Say something outrageous:
a) If the audience eats it up, double down on it.
b) If not, skip on to another topic.

So the question is: Will he actually try to do any of what he spouted?
Or will his focus be only enriching himself, and going after his detractors?

In the latter case, he may just sign whatever the GOP House/Senate send him;
("What am I signing, Radar?")
So all those who voted for him to "shake up Washington", really just put the GOP establishment in total control.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

We're all going to struggle to find his real meaning, if any, in what he says.
Heard a piece yesterday about economists trying to nail down some numbers on his tax reform plans.
It will cost anywhere from $3,000,000,000,000 to $13,000,000,000,000, yes that's TRILLION dollars, just for the tax cuts.
We thought President Reagan cost us money.
:S:S:S

brenthutch

My post was meant to be ironic. I was parroting the unhinged, hate filled rantings the left is now spewing, and finished off with #stopthehate.

I added a winking eye emoji to avoid confusion

Everyone needs listen to Michael Moore's video again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDRqeuLNag
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

This was so perfectly written that I had to copy/paste it.

It is very odd that so many voters despise the USA, its government, and everything it once stood for. They voted for the most despicable human being ever to run for office in this country. The hatred fomented by the Reich Wing Media has come home to roost.

I truly hope that Reich Wing is somewhat successful at implementing their vision for the country. We deserve nothing less. Stupid people are the hardest to teach the most obvious lessons. Once they see what they actually voted for, they might get a clue.

The American Electorate picked the party that hates government. It takes really stupid people to hire people who HATE the organization they were hired to operate. Expecting competency in governing from them is bat shit crazy.

On the bright side, the playbook on how to disrupt, delay, obstruct, and fuck up the system has been well documented by the Republicans for many years. I hope that the Democrats are capable of exercising these tactics to prevent the worst of the damage.

Begin quoted text >>>

The virus that kills democracy is extremism because extremism disables those codes. Republicans have disrespected the process for decades. They have regarded any Democratic president as illegitimate. They have proudly boasted of preventing popularly elected Democrats from effecting policy and have asserted that only Republicans have the right to determine the nation’s course. They have worked tirelessly to make sure that the government cannot govern and to redefine the purpose of government as prevention rather than effectuation. In short, they haven’t believed in democracy for a long time, and the media never called them out on it.

<<< End

normiss

:|
Given his lack of belief and commitment to science....I'm almost out of words.
It's not like he will read any of these bills though.

you guys are going to be fun to watch this year
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

Trump won because... more Americans voted for him than for Hillary Clinton.

Except...

Obviously you don't understand how our constitutional republic works. If we were to elect our president via plebiscite you might have a case, but we don't so you don't. Thanks for playing, have a nice day.

Trump won, because enough Americans whether they were the ones who voted for Trump, or were the ones who purposely stayed home and did not vote for DNC even though they may have voted for the DNC in the past, have finally had enough of the Clinton crime syndicate and said enough is enough. They also stood up to the dishonest MSM and said "Fuck off".

If someone is unaware of how corrupt, dishonest and evil the Clinton's are, well that's just sad and a product of the corrupt and dishonest media. However if someone is aware of the Clinton's Machiavellian activities, and ignored it, especially if they ignored it for financial gain, well those people are scum.

Who knows what will happen with Trump's four years? He definitely won't turn things around over night as no politician can do that. Plus it will be hard to drain the swamp if the Elephants who are now in charge of it, don't want the swamp drained. However we can breath easy knowing the Clinton's days are done and the chances of entering into a war with the Russians have been radically reduced if not eliminated for at least the next four years because while Trump may be an arrogant loud mouth, he's not a war monger.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

Trump won, because enough Americans whether they were the ones who voted for Trump, or were the ones who purposely stayed home and did not vote for DNC even though they may have voted for the DNC in the past, have finally had enough of the Clinton crime syndicate and said enough is enough. They also stood up to the dishonest MSM and said "Fuck off".

If someone is unaware of how corrupt, dishonest and evil the Clinton's are, well that's just sad and a product of the corrupt and dishonest media. However if someone is aware of the Clinton's Machiavellian activities, and ignored it, especially if they ignored it for financial gain, well those people are scum.

Who knows what will happen with Trump's four years? He definitely won't turn things around over night as no politician can do that. Plus it will be hard to drain the swamp if the Elephants who are now in charge of it, don't want the swamp drained. However we can breath easy knowing the Clinton's days are done and the chances of entering into a war with the Russians have been radically reduced if not eliminated for at least the next four years because while Trump may be an arrogant loud mouth, he's not a war monger.

Yesiree! He's really draining that swamp!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/us/politics/trump-campaigned-against-lobbyists-now-theyre-on-his-transition-team.html:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

A con-man didn't keep his word?

Better tell Pepe about the story of the frog and the scorpion.

What were they expecting?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

ryoder

"the inclusion of advisers with industry ties is a first sign that he may not follow through on all of his promises."

Sure it's the first sign he wouldn't keep a promise... apart from his entire life and career up until this point but hey, who knew that was going to be relevant?:D

:S

B|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

ryoder

I do not believe that all lobbyists are bad. The same as not all ________ (fill in the blank) are bad.

The Vietnam Veterans of America employs lobbyists to influence legislation to benefit veterans. The National Rifle Association employs lobbyists to influence legislation to protect the 2nd Amendment.

Maybe, just maybe, with President Trump their efforts can be reduced. However, I am a member of both organizations because I support the work they have done.

BTW, the VVA has a strong liberal bias in its foundation.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jakee

Sure it's the first sign he wouldn't keep a promise... apart from his entire life and career up until this point but hey, who knew that was going to be relevant?:D

There's also this gem:

Remember the promises that got people like Rush all fired up about tearing down Obamacare root and branch because it was a catastrophe?

“When we win on Nov. 8 and elect a Republican Congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. We have to do it...
I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace, and it will be such an honor for me, for you and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced. And we will do it, and we will do it very, very quickly. It is a catastrophe.”

(Source:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-obamacare-special-session-230588)

Now, not 5 days after winning the election he's already massaging that promise a bit...

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37953528
'Trump: Obamacare key provisions to remain'

From my point of view this is a good thing. Not necessarily about Obamacare - it doesn't really affect me but maybe it's an indication that Trump isn't as 'burn the system to the ground' as he came across on the campaign.
The message 'It's a catastrophe' and 'repeal and replace' would certainly go down better better than 'actually, there are bits of it we should keep' when your supporters are clamoring for it to be repealed.

If you're an ardent Trump / Republican supporter it may be an indication that you're not about to get the new deal that you thought you were...

winsor

Trump won because... more Americans voted for him than for Hillary Clinton.

Except...

When you figure that a large part of Hillary's votes only count for 3/5 of a real vote, Trump won by a landslide.

:D:D
You be bad.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.