Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

SkyDekker

Trump has consistently captured 34% of the GOP primary vote. A lot of his votes also come from low education dems in open primaries. 34% of primary votes equates to around 3%-5% of general election voters.

That's a lot of people with significant hatred, racism and bigotry. A lot of people who have no problem singling out people purely based on religion. It's a lot of people with a very scary way of thinking; one that has led to significant atrocities in history.

I agree and not diminishing that at all. Just saying its not a lot of people in a general. I also refuse to believe all Trump supporters can be classified this way. I think thats a stretch. I know one Trump supporter and he is not a racist at all. He is simple ill informed and will not take the time to really understand what Trump is. He is not a bad guy but is the "perfect trump supporter". He is a white male in his early 40's that lives in a rural area with no HS diploma. Rhetoric can be powerful to low education voters just like liberal rhetoric can be powerful to low information voters.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Hi 0312,

Trump will get crushed

I tend to agree. However, we are finding that there are a lot of racists & bigots out there. And more will come out of the woodwork in the general election.

Leave it to the GOP to F it up

Then why doesn't the GOP just kick Trump out of the party? I really do not know if they can; but it would solve the problem for the more middle-of-the-road people.

IMO there are a number of potential GOP candidates that are hoping that Trump cannot secure enough delegates and to throw into a convention decision. JEB, Romney, Kasich, Rubio, et al.

Jerry Baumchen

normiss

Watching a few minutes of the crazy last night, I wondered how much Trump will profit from his running for office.
I think using the resort for his events would be quite pricy.
The fact that he's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and profiting from running is just downright dirty IMO.

Trump is all about MONEY. We get money to live. He lives to get money.

If the RNC wants The Donald out of the race make him a really sweet offer. Together I am sure they could figure out a payment structure that wouldn't violate the campaign financing laws.

How much would it take? At least 250 million, perhaps a lot more. The potential profits from a presidency may make $250M seem like chump change to Trump.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Well, it cant be worse now? Or?

I mean, Donald is stealing the show, and the whole world is paying attention. Nothing else matters. I guess it is a conspiricy. A dirty one. Something is going on, while Donald is at stage, but I just cant figure out what is going on. But there is something.

There was an article on reallyclearpolitics that tried to explain the
republican primary race

In a nutshell, Trump is benefiting from the splintering and infighting among the different factions within the party. His base appeals to the blue collar lower education voters and hasn't grown since this started.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

JerryBaumchen

IMO there are a number of potential GOP candidates that are hoping that Trump cannot secure enough delegates and to throw into a convention decision. JEB, Romney, Kasich, Rubio, et al.

Jerry Baumchen

Yeah I am not too worried about Trump's chances for the presidency.
1. If he does not get a clear majority of delegates, I think he is out at the convention. Tomorrow could settle that.
2. He is going to have a hard time against Hillary. If he slides to the center, which he could easily do, he risks losing his rabid base. More people will hold their nose and vote Hillary than will hold their nose and vote Trump.

However if he does get in, I worry more about foreign policy than domestic. Congress has to get on board with the president for any major domestic changes, and that will get Trump in line with standard Repub. ideology, until the mid-terms when people get fed up like seems to happen often. Then a democratic Senate will just shut things down for the next 2 years.

But Trump really feels like he could start a war just to improve his poll numbers. Seriously. I know lots of presidents have been accused of doing that, but I think Trump could take it to the next level.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Of course it can get worse. It's not like they were lighting off molotov cocktails and throwing rocks at the police - or rioting as if someone lost a fútbol game. . .

Given the history of despots overseas, I can understand european concern - but rest assured - Trump has more power as a candidate than he would as president - we're not an absolute monarchy.

A small part of me - the part that speaks from my ass - would like to see Trump win just to show how much you people have overreacted.

Chicago is a great place. I often stay in "The Loop" downtown - months at a time. The place is just invigorating - full of positive energy - amazing!

This has been the second major protest in Chicago within the last several months - both without major incident. I'm glad Trump called off the rally - it could've been much worse than the 4 or 5 clips of commotion caught on camera that the media outlets played on a 10 minute loop ALL FUCKING NIGHT LONG, just to burn the image into your weak, desperate, pathetic minds.

This election will be for nothing more than bragging rights - The conservatives will say they have their country back, while the liberals continue to bitch endlessly, sowing discord rather than effecting change - or vice versa - business as usual.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Im telling you, it took awhile before Stalin, Hitler etc had the power, and it developet slowly over time.

Trump is just the beginning of a new erea. It is not only happening in US, it happens all over the western world, and the the Middle east is also getting more polarized.

Im telling you, it took awhile before Stalin, Hitler etc had the power, and it developet slowly over time.

Trump is just the beginning of a new erea. It is not only happening in US, it happens all over the western world, and the the Middle east is also getting more polarized.

This.

I mean, Donald is stealing the show, and the whole world is paying attention. Nothing else matters. I guess it is a conspiricy. A dirty one. Something is going on, while Donald is at stage, but I just cant figure out what is going on. But there is something.

www.facebook.com/IRBF.org.uk/videos/1543516199276321/

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Trump is doing nothing more than taping into the anger of people - the mistake I hear here is common - anyone that is angry is a bigot....a racist.....low educated.....ect, ect. This in some cases is true - but not in total.

Just because people support Trump doesn't mean they are these things.....but they are for one thing certain - they are pissed.

Some are mad because nothing seems to get done in Washington. Simple problems to the layman can't be fixed. A layman knows if he's spending to much he cuts back his spending and maybe gets a second job - Washington elite can't figure that one out.

Immigration is the same, close the boarders and come up with a reasonable path to citizenship.

School debt....something.....

So they are frustrated. Many aren't racist....or any of the derogatory terms used here and in the press.

Trump is terrible IMO but he is tapping into the frustration of a LOT of people and not all of them deserve the labels being thrown around.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

In an environment where any sort of compromise is seen as a failure, how can a diverse population make progress on any of these issues? Any population of 300,000,000 is going to include some diversity, so the "make it like it used to be" answer doesn't work. Neither, of course, does the "everyone should have everything they need" answer, unless "need" is defined very, very, narrowly.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

mirage62

Trump is doing nothing more than taping into the anger of people - the mistake I hear here is common - anyone that is angry is a bigot....a racist.....low educated.....ect, ect. This in some cases is true - but not in total.

Just because people support Trump doesn't mean they are these things.....but they are for one thing certain - they are pissed.

Some are mad because nothing seems to get done in Washington. Simple problems to the layman can't be fixed. A layman knows if he's spending to much he cuts back his spending and maybe gets a second job - Washington elite can't figure that one out.

Immigration is the same, close the boarders and come up with a reasonable path to citizenship.

School debt....something.....

So they are frustrated. Many aren't racist....or any of the derogatory terms used here and in the press.

Trump is terrible IMO but he is tapping into the frustration of a LOT of people and not all of them deserve the labels being thrown around.

Correct. Just like all Nazis weren't in favour of exterminating Jews.

I have seen several different versions of how Donald relate to protesters, and how Obama does.

Obama have been the best president you could get, and have! You should be proud, because he is the most respected president you had for a long time. Im speaking how the world looking at you, not how you feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqsY33ggdk4

Rick

you can't have a conversation if you label everyone that does not agree with you as an ignorant racist

So, new to Speaker's Corner?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Rick

***Some are like this.
:P

probably some......but not all

you can't have a conversation if you label everyone that does not agree with you as an ignorant racist

True, though those who support Trump have to be either a racist or ignorant.

If they don't believe his racist comments, they have to be pretty ignorant to support a guy who is very openly making racist comments.

>A layman knows if he's spending to much he cuts back his spending and maybe gets a second job -
>Washington elite can't figure that one out.

So they are supporting the guy who is going to buy a ten million dollar house and just get someone else to pay for it. Maybe. Somehow.

As I mentioned before, rational justifications don't have much to do with support for Trump. They seem to be operating from the position of "government sucks - let's break it!"

How is Trump tapping into the anger of people who aren't racist, bigoted or stupid? What is he offering the people who are none of those things? What do they think he's going to do about the stuff that is making them angry?

Just saying 'Trump is popular because people are angry' is a complete cop out. It doesn't explain anything.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

SkyDekker

******Some are like this.
:P

probably some......but not all

True, though those who support Trump have to be either a racist or ignorant.

If they don't believe his racist comments, they have to be pretty ignorant to support a guy who is very openly making racist comments.

Couple more options, but none are very pretty:

a) racist
b) ignorant of Trump's racism
c) indifferent to Trump's racism but like something else about him (god knows what)
d) don't think Trump is racist :S
www.WingsuitPhotos.com