Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

normiss

Hatred and racism.
:P

Oh sure.

I type out a long, thought out, carefully worded response.

And you sum it up in three words.

Thanks a lot.

:P

B|
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Here is something to think about.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

If we quit fighting each other and unite against the real enemy(ies) we can turn this nation around.

That is the true way to "Make America great again."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Here is something to think about.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

If we quit fighting each other and unite against the real enemy(ies) we can turn this nation around.

That is the true way to "Make America great again."

The problem is that I suspect you and I have pretty divergent opinions on who the real enemies are.
And what constitutes 'spiritual wickedness'... :S

wolfriverjoe

Find a large, angry group of people. Find a group to blame. Make inflammatory speeches telling them basically nothing. But feed their fears, give them a scapegoat and tell them that attacking that scapegoat will "make America better."

Politics 101

those darn immigrants stealing our jobs
those baby killers
those thieves and lazy freeloaders
those gun grabbers

those rich fatcats
those polluters
those racists and sexists
those rabid gun freaks

I can keep going all day. amazes me how you guys continue to pitch these things as a one side only does it theme

that said - I'm pretty sad at the responses the public is having over Trump - and disappointed that he won't (is incapable of) use that attention in a more productive way as this could have been an opportunity, not a piece of political leverage - terrified of some of his supporters, actually terrified at the more radical types that oppose him also - he just seems to attract a lot of 'do whatever it takes' mentalities - I thought we were polarized before - this is nuts

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

wmw999

A couple of weeks ago I was comforts by Rehmwa's reminder that Minnesota survived Jesse Ventura just fine.

Going in to the governor role, Jesse Ventura had a lot in common with Arnold Schwarzenegger. But the difference was: Schwarzenegger was smart enough to realize his mistakes and learn the political game, while Ventura just got more frustrated.

Given the choice between Ventura and Trump, I'll take the guy who served as an enlisted man during the Vietnam era, over a chickenhawk who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and avoided service with a bunch of student deferments and finally a questionable medical deferment.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

can keep going all day. amazes me how you guys continue to pitch these things as a one side only does it theme

Because one side is actively condoning, encouraging and inciting violence. Amazes me how some people don't see a difference in that.

Trump is not offering any policies either. It is all motherhood statements, nothing with any "meat" tied to it. Trump has his supporters so fired up that putting muslims and Mexicans in a camp with a monthly "shower" would be applauded and cheered if suggested.

That is scary and nowhere near: the other side is just the same.

SkyDekker

can keep going all day. amazes me how you guys continue to pitch these things as a one side only does it theme

Because one side is actively condoning, encouraging and inciting violence. Amazes me how some people don't see a difference in that.

Trump is not offering any policies either. It is all motherhood statements, nothing with any "meat" tied to it. Trump has his supporters so fired up that putting muslims and Mexicans in a camp with a monthly "shower" would be applauded and cheered if suggested.

^This. Big time.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone doesn't do it.

What I am saying is that Trump is doing it to a degree we haven't seen in a long time.
Attracting people who were "in the closet" for a long time. There seem to be a lot more of them than anyone expected.

And saying things that are really scary.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

SkyDekker

I'm ok that it's the same technique, but taken to the dangerous extreme in this case. It's like environmentalist inciting personal attacks, spiking trees, etc. It's like shootings at abortion clinics. It's like BLM blocking ambulances from getting to the emergency room.

it's bringing out the fanatics from hiding - scary that there are a lot more than we thought.

edit: looks like Joe posted something similar - we're on the same page - even the "it's a lot more people than we'd have guessed" fear

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

wolfriverjoe

There seem to be a lot more of them than anyone expected.

It opens up a question - this is one end of the spectrum where someone has released the fanatics to physical violence. So take this count, and the true number is twice that......

SkyDekker

He's offering Hope and Change. Hey, it worked for the incumbent...

I'm sitting at a Flying J in Beloit IL. reading this. Over the CB another driver is preaching "make America great again, vote Donald Trump tomorrow" Gives me shivers.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I still can't get over how many people think it's a good idea to put someone with zero political experience into running for the President.

Apply for pretty much any senior job in the world and they'll ask about your experience. If you answer 'none. But at least I'm tellin' it like it is!' you'll be given the don't-call-us-we'll-call-you speech, but somehow this doesn't apply to Trump.

It baffles me. :|

Hi yoink,

I still can't get over how many people think it's a good idea to put someone with zero political experience into running for the President.

I do not think it is a bad idea. When I read about Michael Bloomberg ( who has almost no experience ), I would not discount him.

It is the bombast that I cannot support. Oh, and the racist/bigotted remarks.

Jerry Baumchen

yoink

because putting people with a lot of political experience has been a disaster? again, and again, and again.....

just not that guy.

Edit: In other topics - during the NCAA bracket breakdown yesterday, at one point, Charles Barkeley responded to a 'vote' comment with a digression about the presidential race with something like "Have you seen the candidates we have?" or "what about all the clowns in the race?" or something like that....

I was primed for massive sportsshow entertainment and wicked fan retaliation over the next few days.......

sadly, the other hosts stepped away and quietly pretended the comment didn't happen...

I wonder how loud the buzzing in Sir Charles' earpiece was......:D

If we quit fighting each other and unite...

So do you think you're going to try that any time, or are you going to stay holed up in your mountain retreat hiding from all the other Americans you dislike and don't trust while bitching about how the other side is so divisive?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I can keep going all day. amazes me how you guys continue to pitch these things as a one side only does it theme

It amazes me that you can keep claiming that Trump is only doing the same things that the major Dem politicians are and still think of yourself as neutral and balanced:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>If we quit fighting each other and unite against the real enemy(ies) we can turn this nation around.

Exactly. If we quit fighting each other and unite against the Muslims and the atheists and the left wingers and the takers and the communists and the Jews and the blacks, we can really turn this nation around. At least what's left of it.

billvon

>If a lot of experience is a bad thing for the top job in the game, maybe there is a
>problem with the game?

I think that's a large reason of why Trump is so popular. They think the game has stopped working, so they want to break it.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. The generalizations are over the top. Trump has consistently captured 34% of the GOP primary vote. A lot of his votes also come from low education dems in open primaries. 34% of primary votes equates to around 3%-5% of general election voters. Trump will get crushed in a general and the polls already show it.

He has hardly been attacked and the MSM has pushed him 24/7. If he gets the nod... that all changes. Also, there are conservatives like me, I have voted in every election since I turned 18 and I will NEVER vote for Trump. I may even vote for Hillary's criminal ass bc I will take status quo over Trump's crazy. My decision is not that uncommon at all hence the #NeverTrump movement that is a conservative movement.

There was a reason the dems feared Rubio... he is a conservative that the middle listens to and would have walked away with the election. Leave it to the GOP to F it up though. Kasich could have won as well but thats bc he is really a liberal conservative. The two that Hillary will beat? Cruz & Kasich. Cruz might have a shot but I do not think much of one..... Trump will get crushed and I for one will be happy to help that happen and laugh my ass off at the idiots that support him. Everything about him is a scam.

If you are a Trump supporter then I suggest you actually look at what he supports and you will find the answer to be nothing. He is a man with no principals that cares only about himself.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Trump has consistently captured 34% of the GOP primary vote. A lot of his votes also come from low education dems in open primaries. 34% of primary votes equates to around 3%-5% of general election voters.

That's a lot of people with significant hatred, racism and bigotry. A lot of people who have no problem singling out people purely based on religion. It's a lot of people with a very scary way of thinking; one that has led to significant atrocities in history.