quade

Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun?

>That's like saying because I've had a few years of managerial legal training, I could be
>an attorney.

Well, if you meant "a few years of law school" then you would know a lot more about the legal system than most people. Doesn't mean you can be a lawyer without a lot more work, of course. (Finishing school, taking the bar exam etc)

But if you needed help with a legal problem, you'd be better off talking to the guy with a few years of legal training than a random guy on the Internet.

[
Also I still really would like to get a grasp on how you think....
Would you please address the comparison between AAD/rsl/reserves and weapons? So if they don't always work then we shouldn't bother with them?????

Kallend-you've ignored my question-I was hoping you'd try to give me an honest answer.....
I'm beginning to think you're just out to stir people up/a troll?????

Which particular question was that?

I charge $250/hour to answer stupid questions.
Hey, go away you...
There is that better?????:P

That's like saying because I've had a few years of managerial legal training, I could be an attorney.

No. The example of Ron Paul, M.D. is more like saying that a particular lawyer - after 3 years of law school, including a summer internship in the DA's office, and spending decades of practicing mostly family and commercial law, including decades of client contact and counseling, all the while being continuously exposed to other lawyers and law journal articles on all aspects of the law ..... would still have far more understanding of a criminal defendant's constitutional rights, and sensible-versus-stupid trial strategy, than a social worker who counsels clients at a battered women's crisis center, despite the fact that he doesn't specialize in criminal defense law.

I fully agree with what you've said in this post.
I would have thought a SEAL with his experience might agree giving a PTSD sufferer a weapon as a foolish idea.
When a situation like this is used to bolster and support more gun control, I will fight that with all I have.
There will always be stupid people out there, can you explain why my rights must be infringed upon based on idiotic behavior of a loony?

I fully agree with what you've said in this post.
I would have thought a SEAL with his experience might agree giving a PTSD sufferer a weapon as a foolish idea.
When a situation like this is used to bolster and support more gun control, I will fight that with all I have.
There will always be stupid people out there, can you explain why my rights must be infringed upon based on idiotic behavior of a loony?

I don't quite understand the concept of ushering the mentally unstable around guns or a firing range either, the same thing Ms Lanza did with her son in trying to socialize him, But one thing I agree with: Just because there are dumb things done, my rights should not be infringed. Nor should I be taxed either or rights taken from me.

Maybe instead of pushing pills the mental health community might develope some guidelines:

1. Don't let nutjobs around guns, knives, acid, autos, beer, wisky, rope, schools, ducttape, large trash bags, shovels, drugs or prostitutes.
2. Keep an eye on the nutjob
etc.

I believe it is exposure-based treatment, ie taking someone who was in an attack, accident, etc through a recreation to deal with the memories. Not saying its was right to use that type of therapy, but it is a "man" atmosphere where 2 service members are in their element, and can open up about things on a closed range.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

That's like saying because I've had a few years of managerial legal training, I could be an attorney.

Poor comparison still.

He is baiting you

Even though it is against the rules
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I believe it is exposure-based treatment, ie taking someone who was in an attack, accident, etc through a recreation to deal with the memories. Not saying its was right to use that type of therapy, but it is a "man" atmosphere where 2 service members are in their element, and can open up about things on a closed range.

The guy opened up that's for sure. Got out his frustration.
We have friends who son is back from Iraq and the mom is afraid she's going to die from this kid and the dad has guns in the house. Powder keg.

We have friends who son is back from Iraq and the mom is afraid she's going to die from this kid and the dad has guns in the house. Powder keg.

Lesson to Presidents, all Presidents: deployments last forever for the people you send, and their families. Make damned sure it's worth it to the country, and not just to you.

Lesson to Presidents, all Presidents: deployments last forever for the people you send, and their families. Make damned sure it's worth it to the country, and not just to you.

Cheney is laughing his ass off on that one. Like they care. They want the money.

That may be true, but PTSD is a specific area of skill.
I still don't believe your average OB/Gyn is much practiced in the identification and/or treatment of it.

So do you know more about treating PTSD than Dr. Paul?

If not, you might stop wasting bandwidth.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Cheney is laughing his ass off on that one. Like they care. They want the money.

Hey, Chickenhawk Cheney shot his buddy and he didn't even have PTSD.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You're right. It should have been Lesson to all citizens: demand this of your government when it's itching to go to war.

>Ah. I'm a DUI driver. ODD, since I'm not.

?? Your freedoms are restricted because of other idiots who drive drunk and kill people. You would likely have no problem at all driving your car a few blocks home with a BAC of .10. But you do not have the freedom to do that because other people have done something similar and killed people.

Thus, your freedom is restricted - even though you yourself would not drive around killing people while you were drunk - because of what other people do.

If, however, you say that since you will never consider driving drunk, such laws do not affect you at all, that's fine. By the same reasoning, though, people who will never own guns are not affected by restrictions on them.

My wife was telling me this story one of her operators was telling her 4 months ago:

She works at dow chemical

She was at work and one of the operators came up and told her about what happened to him when he came home from work. When he pulled in to the house he had to do a double take because he saw a woman completely naked running through his yard. There was a younger man chasing her with a knife. He intervened and she jumped in his truck to help. She told him that he had just killed his father and burned his body. Her boyfriend was just released from the military and had been at home for less than a month. Obviously he lost his damn mind. However I have no idea if PTSD had anything to do with it, but it was known he did serve in combat.

http://www.khou.com/news/Charred-body-found-in-Brazoria-County-man-believed-to-be-victims-son-charged-164769416.html