quade

Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun?

Here is why this happened... ANYONE can be gotten even a head of state... But you have NO CHANCE without a firearm...

Killler...

AMEN, Killler.

I'm on my phone, but when I get home, I want to address comments that my original post seems to have Spawned.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I have a BRAIN, which entitles me to an opinion, so STFU yourself until you get one.

Careful.. Once the mods wake up they might see this blatant PA and call you on it. Oh wait. You're on the same side of the argument as the mods in this forum...

You get a pass.

Guys! Quit giving Kallend a hard time. He's never been to a range so he wouldn't be familiar with the atmosphere, but he IS the smartest person he's ever met. He really does have a brain. A brain with a 12 year old mentality. That's not a p.a. Btw. That's a compliment. ;)

Quade is anti gun as we all know,and is going to try to paint this as an example of how guns do not protect you,they can only be used to commit crimes against you,to argue his point.

Except you're not "arguing" his point; you're misrepresenting it, so you can argue against the spun-up version.

"Do you still beat your wife?"

I'm pretty sure no one (here) ever claimed that being armed would prevent nuttsos from going nuttso.

But, if you are as heavily armed as the nuttso, you might have a fighting chance. If you don't have at least some firepower,

YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE.

It's that simple.

So the US's ALL TIME LEADING SNIPER, armed, at a gun range, is shot dead and the perp escapes. And all the Rambo wannabes around here reckon they wouldn't have any problem in such a scenario, and want to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers so they can shoot a nutter who surprises them in their classroom full of little kids.

Talk about living in cloud cuckoo land!

I haven't heard anyone say that but you.

Pay attention puppy, your hero, Wayne LaPierre, made the suggestion right after the Newtown gun massacre.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have a BRAIN, which entitles me to an opinion, so STFU yourself until you get one.

Careful.. Once the mods wake up they might see this blatant PA and call you on it. Oh wait. You're on the same side of the argument as the mods in this forum...

You get a pass.

Someone else with a DOUBLE STANDARD, who snips off regulator's comment to me because leaving it on would reveal hypocrisy.

You get a pass.

Guys! Quit giving Kallend a hard time. He's never been to a range]

Wrong. And probably started shooting before you were born.

PS how is that tinfoil hat working for you?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/american-sniper-author-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-article-1.1254181

In this story there is a pick of the range complex, and a few facts that seem to support the theory that only the 3 of them happened to be on the range at the time.

He shot the two at ~3:30 then drove to his relatives and told them, they called the police, and the police respond at ~5:00.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I'm pretty sure no one (here) ever claimed that being armed would prevent nuttsos from going nuttso.

But, if you are as heavily armed as the nuttso, you might have a fighting chance. If you don't have at least some firepower,

YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE.

It's that simple.

So the US's ALL TIME LEADING SNIPER, armed, at a gun range, is shot dead and the perp escapes. And all the Rambo wannabes around here reckon they wouldn't have any problem in such a scenario, and want to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers so they can shoot a nutter who surprises them in their classroom full of little kids.

That's a pretty big leap from both this post and my posting history.

Never Have I said any such thing. Thank you very much for implying that.

That is, apparently, an agenda you seem to want to further--saying that others say something they NEVER, EVER, SAID, but you want others to think they said.:S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I wouldnt put it past you to take the life of a real hero

Seriously? So now your cyber-enemy is a murderer? That's pretty steep, even for this swamp.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. When I read it I substituted the word life for murder.

I wouldn't put it past you to take the life murder of a real hero and use it as a cog in machine to get what you really want. Gun control. How about saying something nice about a man who went to hell to protect your liberties.

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

You get a pass.

What you started shooting before I was born doesn't count. ;)

See attachment.

You get a pass.

See attachment.

That is SO NOT what I thought your attachment was going to be
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

You get a pass.

See attachment.

Grow up, kid.

You get a pass.

See attachment.

Grow up, kid.

Haha after you, grandpa!

But cops can also recognize the potential value of armed "good guys" — particularly in emergencies involving a madman.

"What you want to do is interrupt their thought process," says Mark Lomax, executive director of the National Tactical Officers Association. "Once you interrupt their thought process, then it buys time."

Lomax says that in active shooter situations, the old rule was to secure the location and wait for SWAT.

"Well, in Columbine they waited for like 45 minutes, and in the meantime, numerous kids were shot and killed," he says. "So, post-Columbine, they looked at it and said, 'We cannot wait.' "

Police now believe an early challenge, even an unsuccessful one, by a cop or a civilian — can rattle a mass shooter. It can push him to a different course of action.

An armed teacher would certainly put up more resistance than unarmed teacher cowering in the corner with her students.

At school my girlfriend's daughter goes to, here in rural CT, there is no security guard.

No local police in town, furthest state police barracks is 10 to 15 minutes with the troopers hauling ass.

They have locking doors, with glass on them. Not very secure.

Their active shooter drill involves all of the students going to corner of the room and standing there.

Now do I think that someone will go in and gun down the kids, no. Do I think that they should be handing out guns to the teachers, not not really.

But anything would be a better plan than the current plan which is having students drill lining up in the corner like siting ducks, and then every one does.... nothing!

Firstly condolences to the family of Chris Kyle.

Can I ask what firearm training a US civilian, or in the case above, an armed teacher is likely to have?

I have seen multiple comments in reference to the Colorado cinema shooting over the last few weeks stating that if they'd had a firearm they could have shot the attacker.

In my opinion an untrained/lowly trained person with a handgun in a situation with large numbers of non-combatants is just as likely to end with a "blue-on-blue" as the submission of the attacker.

I certainly wouldn't want my kids around a teacher waving a Glock around that has done some weekend course on pistol marksmanship......

Lot of posters here remind me of folk I've met-highly intelligent.....but not a lick of common sense....
As for arming teachers-
Set up a training/certification program like the pilots have and I would have no problem at all with it.
Having flown armed with armed pilots on board also, I have no problem with their training and trusting them.

Lot of posters here remind me of folk I've met-highly intelligent.....but not a lick of common sense....
As for arming teachers-
Set up a training/certification program like the pilots have and I would have no problem at all with it.
Having flown armed with armed pilots on board also, I have no problem with their training and trusting them.

So you see no difference between your average pilot and your average kindergarten teacher?

As for arming teachers-

So you see no difference between your average pilot and your average kindergarten teacher?

Not if they both have appropriate training.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

As for arming teachers-

Of course everyone is different....even you!:P
Some would pass and be certified and some wouldn't , be they pilots or teachers. And that's just common sense to me...

Also I still really would like to get a grasp on how you think....
Would you please address the comparison between AAD/rsl/reserves and weapons? So if they don't always work then we shouldn't bother with them?????

As for arming teachers-

What are you inferring with this question?