quade

Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun?

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Famed-Navy-SEAL-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-in-N-Texas-189539281.html

At a gun range in Texas, a Navy SEAL (one of the best there ever was), shot by a mentally unstable person with a gun. And the shooter is able to walk away. So, yeah, all the Walter Mitty folks out there, please tell me again how being armed stops this from happening?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Famed-Navy-SEAL-Chris-Kyle-shot-killed-in-N-Texas-189539281.html

At a gun range in Texas, a Navy SEAL (one of the best there ever was), shot by a mentally unstable person with a gun. And the shooter is able to walk away. So, yeah, all the Walter Mitty folks out there, please tell me again how being armed stops this from happening?

Tell me again how some of the most strict gun controls laws would have saved the kids at Sandy Hook?

We can go anomaly for anomaly if you want to

Just let me know
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm pretty sure no one (here) ever claimed that being armed would prevent nuttsos from going nuttso.

But, if you are as heavily armed as the nuttso, you might have a fighting chance. If you don't have at least some firepower,

YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE.

It's that simple.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

It's low for anyone to bring this up right now. Chris was a true fucking warrior, better person than anyone here, and should not be used in anyone's pissy political argument. I say we move on from this and find other examples to argue about.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Conversely, being unarmed makes you so much safer when targeted by said whackjob, right?

It would also make going to the gun range really boring, don't you think? Funny you fail to mention the murder took place during a shooting event (it sounds like Kyle was doing more vet assistance and awareness work).

Hell, a reserve, cypress, rsl, etc won't save you every time. Should we not bother since they aren't 100% safety devices?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

How do you know it wasn't a surprise? Even if you are armed, there is an extremely small chance that you will have the ability to draw your weapon and fire first if someone surprises you from behind.

That's one person. Now if someone else in the area was armed, then that person could have witnessed this murder and then taken the murderer out.

It's low for anyone to bring this up right now. Chris was a true fucking warrior, better person than anyone here, and should not be used in anyone's pissy political argument. I say we move on from this and find other examples to argue about.

I understand your concerns and i sympathize with them. I really do.

However, after the Batman theater shooting a lot of people spouted off how if they were there with a gun, they would have stopped it. Further, I've heard countless people over the years say shootings don't happen at gun stores because all the clients there would stop the shooter.

Well, here's a legitimate hero with a gun and a gun range of individuals who didn't stop a shooter.

So, I'm sorry, but as tragic as this is, it's the perfect example of why people's logic is faulty when it comes to that sort of argument. Further, if we believed the gun lobby, no time is the right time to discuss things like this since there is always a gun shooting to be mourned. I'm sorry, but that's the perfect time to talk about it.
quade -

Just what are the statistics concerning how many people were killed with assault rifles this last year compared to how many were killed with hand guns?? Then how many of those hand guns were illegal? So if were going to follow the logic of banning assault rifle to keep people safe then next comes hand guns and so on.
I also heard driving a car is dangerous and I think a lot more people are killed every year in car accidents then in shootings. Maybe we should ban cars just to be safe and keep people safe.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I truly am, coming from a very military family I understand how amazing those that serve and have served are.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Did I say anything about assault rifles here? I'm talking about people with mental health issues and having access to guns in general. Also, the ridiculous notion they can be stopped by a "good man with a gun."

Please try to stay on topic.
quade -

You are so ridiculous Quade. And the more you post, the more ignorant you sound; though continually unable to grasp how dumb your attempted arguments are.

Not only does this article say... "Officials warned that Routh was traveling in a Ford F-150 pickup with large tires and rims. They said he was believed to be highly trained with military experience."

And this article says: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/rough-creek-189536271.html - "Routh is an expert marksman, according to law enforcement sources."

But there is no, "WHY", whatsoever.

And if the fucker was highly trained, he could have killed both people with a knife just as quickly.

You also don't know how fast this occurred... he could have shot them both is seconds and "been out the door." He wasn't shooting for 20 minutes.

It also says nothing about him being mentally unstable. PTSD doesn't equal, unstable. Just as severe depression does not make you a risk to self or others. That's why when patients are evaluated, they are asked, "do you want or have thoughts of hurting yourself or others... and if so, do you have a plan."

You sound so ignorant.

You have no idea how many people were even at the range... You have no idea about, anything.

Just like with your last thread I posted in, this does not help ANY argument you have ever made.

And stop bitching about the damn "gun lobby."

Its a fucking organization (and the NRA is just one of many gun freedom groups)... no different than all the Labor (Communist) Unions. Yet you don't seem to care that those people are radicals... when the "gun lobby" is not arguing for anything but, obey the Constitution.

Progressivism's Goal: Overthrow the capitalist system and build communism.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/08/20/former-d-c-union-boss-our-goal-is-to-overthrow-the-capitalist-system-and-build-communism/

And the blaze reports: Blaze Front Page Editor Jon Seidl spent time on the same ranch where the shooting occurred earlier this fall and describes it as a sprawling, secluded area “in the middle of nowhere.” http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/02/former-navy-seal-american-sniper-author-chris-kyle-reportedly-killed-at-tx-shooting-lodge/

If you don't like guns, then don't own any... if you are scared of the evil that exists in the real world, then stay at home and post and DZ all day.

BTW... you seem to have a weird obsession with the "mentally ill".

However, after the Batman theater shooting a lot of people spouted off how if they were there with a gun, they would have stopped it. Further, I've heard countless people over the years say shootings don't happen at gun stores because all the clients there would stop the shooter.

So, the fuck, what? People can say whatever they want in hind sight.

And as I just stated, this example does not prove or disprove that argument; and you are basically calling this solider a moron.

AND, if you listened to a lot of the people in the theater shortly after, several said they were laying on the ground playing dead and he walk right past them walking up and down the aisle... therefore, any, weapon (scissors, pocket knife, CC pistol), could have been used at close range at a time of inattention.

Did it happen...? Nope. Does it matter...? Nope.

The fact that no one did take that action, does not mean that the way to prevent, limit, or intervene during an active massacre is to not have ANY means to stop it other than law enforcement.

Maximum freedom is always the best path.

Well, here's a legitimate hero with a gun and a gun range of individuals who didn't stop a shooter.

Stupid. Selfish. Disrespectful.

So, I'm sorry, but as tragic as this is, it's the perfect example of why people's logic is faulty when it comes to that sort of argument.

No, its not.

Further, if we believed the gun lobby, no time is the right time to discuss things like this since there is always a gun shooting to be mourned. I'm sorry, but that's the perfect time to talk about it.

So then start talking about inner city gun violence... the "WHY", with hand guns... if you won't, then you are a Racist.

How about a teen mom with a gun?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

How about a teen mom with a gun?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id=15285605

Yeah, baby! How bout an ape with an AK-47?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU

How do you know Chris had a operational weapon at the ready? The guy could have waited till he was marking targets down range, loading, or placing his weapon in a case at the end of the range session? I'm done with this.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

How do you know Chris had a operational weapon at the ready? The guy could have waited till he was marking targets down range, loading, or placing his weapon in a case at the end of the range session? I'm done with this.

Unless the victim was the only person on premises, way to totally miss the point.

Anyone can get shot by some one in the back, gun or no gun, it makes no difference if some one already has drawn on you.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Anyone can get shot by some one in the back, gun or no gun, it makes no difference if some one already has drawn on you.

That fails to address the 2nd part of the fact scenario: that the shooter, despite (presumably) all those armed people on site, was able to walk away.

Way to miss the point yourself. Does every anti gun nut believe that there are dozens of armed people at gun ranges with their backs in the corner looking for threats?

Most ranges here in my town its usually you and the owner, and they could be at the other end of the store up front stocking shelves. Lets face it, Chris got ambushed at point blank range, and the coward fled the scene, stop being cunts and use common sense.

No, if you read the whole thread, you are missing the point.
And you're resorting to the usual tactic of vilifying everyone who's not firmly a "friend" as an "enemy". That doesn't advance a discussion, it just shuts it down. There's a whole wealth of people out there, and I'm one of them, who are moderates on this issue and see the merits and failings of various arguments on both sides.

I have read the whole thread including the title

Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun

That whole saying about how come you dont see mass shootings at gun ranges and gun shows is stupid, so when anyone here comes and presents an example of it happening and tries to turn it into a anti gun arguement its completely retarded.

If the premise that an armed person in their element is free from being harmed, then why are trained military units ambushed at base or in the field, by untrained suicide men?

Anyone who actually tries to use that saying is an idot. Thats what I am saying.

should not be used in anyone's pissy political argument

Im taking my own advice and leaving.

That whole saying about how come you dont see mass shootings at gun ranges and gun shows is stupid, so when anyone here comes and presents an example of it happening and tries to turn it into a anti gun arguement its completely retarded.

Well, all that does is confirm the point that if you don't want garbage-out, don't put garbage-in, in the first place. The basic point to the OP was, "this is garbage-in."

I'm pretty sure no one (here) ever claimed that being armed would prevent nuttsos from going nuttso.

But, if you are as heavily armed as the nuttso, you might have a fighting chance. If you don't have at least some firepower,

YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE.

It's that simple.

So the US's ALL TIME LEADING SNIPER, armed, at a gun range, is shot dead and the perp escapes. And all the Rambo wannabes around here reckon they wouldn't have any problem in such a scenario, and want to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers so they can shoot a nutter who surprises them in their classroom full of little kids.

Talk about living in cloud cuckoo land!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.