quade

Tell me again how being armed will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun?

Lot of posters here remind me of folk I've met-highly intelligent.....but not a lick of common sense....
As for arming teachers-
Set up a training/certification program like the pilots have and I would have no problem at all with it.
Having flown armed with armed pilots on board also, I have no problem with their training and trusting them.

So you see no difference between your average pilot and your average kindergarten teacher?

What are you inferring with this question?

He still hasn't addressed the twisting of my post, what makes you think he will answer your question in a direct manner?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

And all the Rambo wannabes around here reckon they wouldn't have any problem in such a scenario, and want to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers so they can shoot a nutter who surprises them in their classroom full of little kids.

Maybe you should pay attention Kallend. Wayne Lapierre never stated that at all. He did state the way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun -- he didn't say we have to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers - he suggested you could have armed guards.

And I didn't hear any Rambo wannabes saying they wouldn't have any problems in such scenarios. I believe most of the pro-gun people here have indeed said that it would be a difficult situation to be in. However, and I agree with them, most of them say that you (and other innocent people around) are in a MUCH BETTER POSITION if you have a gun in one of these situations, then if you just lie down and play dead.

Is it a guarantee no innocent people will die? No? Does it give a chance that fewer innocent people will die? Yes, it may...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

And all the Rambo wannabes around here reckon they wouldn't have any problem in such a scenario, and want to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers so they can shoot a nutter who surprises them in their classroom full of little kids.

Maybe you should pay attention Kallend. Wayne Lapierre never stated that at all. He did state the way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun -- he didn't say we have to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers - he suggested you could have armed guards.

And I didn't hear any Rambo wannabes saying they wouldn't have any problems in such scenarios. I believe most of the pro-gun people here have indeed said that it would be a difficult situation to be in. However, and I agree with them, most of them say that you (and other innocent people around) are in a MUCH BETTER POSITION if you have a gun in one of these situations, then if you just lie down and play dead.

Is it a guarantee no innocent people will die? No? Does it give a chance that fewer innocent people will die? Yes, it may...

Well, we just saw how a VERY VERY good guy with a gun was shot dead by a mentally ill person who had surprise on his side. Expecting a superior performance from a minimally trained elementary school teacher is just absurd.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm pretty sure no one (here) ever claimed that being armed would prevent nuttsos from going nuttso.

But, if you are as heavily armed as the nuttso, you might have a fighting chance. If you don't have at least some firepower,

YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE.
It's that simple.

I gave up on repeatedly explaining to the gun-o-phobes. They just don't get it.

They don't get it when you put the same scenario to them:
-Tell me again how more laws will save you from a mentally unstable person with a gun.

-Tell me again how banning weapons will save you from anybody with a gun.

Nope. They just don't get it.

And you were expecting intelligent dialogue with those two?
:D:D:D:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...gun-o-phobes...They just don't get it.

Then explain it to the moderates.

Haven't you heard? We don't exist. if you are willing to entertain ANY measure to control access to guns for anyone whether convicted felon or not, that makes you a "gun-o-phobe" trampling on peoples rights apparently.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Hold up!!!!!

Where???

Quick!! Let's bake a quiche!

...and tell thothe bad, bad menth to thtop making thothe loud popping thounds. They'll make the quiche fall.

...gun-o-phobes...They just don't get it.

Then explain it to the moderates.

Haven't you heard? We don't exist. if you are willing to entertain ANY measure to control access to guns for anyone whether convicted felon or not, that makes you a "gun-o-phobe" trampling on peoples rights apparently.

...and then in the very next conversation, where we say the exact same things, including a reasonable defense of 2nd Amendment rights, we're one of the "gun nuts".

So basically, we're fooked.

Hold up!!!!!

Where???

...and tell thothe bad, bad menth to thtop making thothe loud popping thounds. They'll make the quiche fall.

That would be a thouffle.

Ban Brussels sprout.

My job is done, tonight, See you all in the morning.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Hold up!!!!!

Where???

You're confusing a quiche with a souffle'.

Sigh. I am so alone.

Real men dont eat (or bake) quiche.
Frittata on the other hand....
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Lot of posters here remind me of folk I've met-highly intelligent.....but not a lick of common sense....
As for arming teachers-
Set up a training/certification program like the pilots have and I would have no problem at all with it.
Having flown armed with armed pilots on board also, I have no problem with their training and trusting them.

So you see no difference between your average pilot and your average kindergarten teacher?

What are you inferring with this question?

That teachers are sub-human?

Ooooohhhh, wait a minute there.....
teacher...professor...teacher...professor.
I'm sure there's a connection there somewhere.

Well, I'll be damned...so I did. Can you imagine that?!
Humor has no bounds. Sorry you missed it.
Somewhat like our 'professor'...quick to find fault..too quick to notice the humor.

I wouldnt put it past you to take the life of a real hero

Seriously? So now your cyber-enemy is a murderer? That's pretty steep, even for this swamp.

Are you taking misdirection and out-of-context lessons from the 'professor'?
You're getting good at it!

The "moderates" start with "I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the right of Americans to bear arms...", and continue in the next sentence with their desire to trample all over that right by banning weapons.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

He was accused of being a murderer is this very thread. Open your eyes to your own bias.

See what I mean? Do I have to point to your misdirect and out-of-context BS?

I wouldnt put it past you to take the life of a real hero

Seriously? So now your cyber-enemy is a murderer? That's pretty steep, even for this swamp.

Are you taking misdirection and out-of-context lessons from the 'professor'?
You're getting good at it!

That was so 12 hours ago.